Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Apache 700SE
Exp
Hi,
I’m planning on going full time motor home living. Has anyone ever done that with their cat?
Cheers
Merlin33 (Chris)

OP
OP
Merlin33

Merlin33

Free Member
Mar 19, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Apache 700SE
Exp
Thanks. It would break my heart to re-home him. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Last year on Sicily a German full timer came on to the site with a beautiful long haired blue that he let roam around the site, he didnt wander far from the van and nobody minded.
That was until the little sod realised that if he sat on the fence next to our van he could wind our dog up.
Cat gave up when we just closed the curtains.
Seen lots of cats whilst travelling for the past 3 years. Most recent one was near Cadiz, a Brit had one in a bar on a lead, it loved the attention.

Upvote 0

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Up until she passed away, last year, Sue ( our member, "dippingatoe" ), full timed with a Great Dane.o_O

Here is a link to her YouTube channel ............

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3ruSi9fP4ke7ZowPkn_BlQ/videos

Here is a link to her many postings, on our sister site RVOC.........................

Broken Link Removed

A very brave lady, sorely missed. :cry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
As I remember, it was Phoebe, the dog, that fulltimed with Sue. We parked next to them for a couple of weeks, the dog was definitely in charge. Lovely lady.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Oh yes! I had her at my place while in trouble with her bus. I took her for tour around Toulouse!
Unfortunately I can't find her blog back. It seems to have been wiped off

www.thebusphoebeandme.us

At least I found the video of our tour

Then she settled for a while at Parc Verger, and decided to buy a house there. We got to email quite a lot in order to buy it... and then big C showed up..... Life can be so cruel! Big Dane Phoebe has been re-homed and is now living with her cousin Dane... I'm sure she remembers her lovely Lady owner Sue.

If she could do it with a Great Dane , you most certainly will be able to do it with Mister Cat!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Yes it was at parc verger with the munchies when I met her!

Toulouse looks nice,, but if your walking round, I bet it’s a bit of a lautrec !! Lololol.

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Yes, I full timed for 2 years with two dogs and two cats. Had no problems at all.
1. Use good quality cat litter. Remove solids ASAP ( just use a dog poo bag) When changing litter wipe tray out with surgical spirit, you won't get any smell build up.
2. If your cat will be ok to go out alone, fine. If not start using a harness now and gradually add a lead. One of mine had to go out on a lead, elderly cat was fine as she wouldn't go far.
3. Invest in a collapsible travelling crate, as it makes a good, safe outside space too. You will need to have a small carry size crate for visits to vet, having work done on van etc...
Good luck. Mine seemed to love travelling.

Edit Type of large crate I used outside and when travelling. I actually had 2 so could bungee them together as an extra large space outside. Don't get a metal one-- they're a bugger to keep putting together and rattle in transit.
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @Merlin33 as you may have noticed you have now used up your 5 free posts, to get the best out of the forum and post as often as you want just register to become a full member £15 a year you will then have access to all the forum and get lots of helpful information.
Welcome to hellowelcome

Upvote 0

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Yes, I full timed for 2 years with two dogs and two cats. Had no problems at all.
1. Use good quality cat litter. Remove solids ASAP ( just use a dog poo bag) When changing litter wipe tray out with surgical spirit, you won't get any smell build up.
2. If your cat will be ok to go out alone, fine. If not start using a harness now and gradually add a lead. One of mine had to go out on a lead, elderly cat was fine as she wouldn't go far.
3. Invest in a collapsible travelling crate, as it makes a good, safe outside space too. You will need to have a small carry size crate for visits to vet, having work done on van etc...
Good luck. Mine seemed to love travelling.

Edit Type of large crate I used outside and when travelling. I actually had 2 so could bungee them together as an extra large space outside. Don't get a metal one-- they're a bugger to keep putting together and rattle in transit.
s-l300.jpg
Collapsible crate is a brilliant idea!

For litter, I use wood base cat litter and then just scoop the poop into the toilet cassette. The litter dissolves in there.

Upvote 0

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
We have two yorkies and a cat ,Cat as clean as a whistle ,she would drop out ,and go under the van and use her litter tray when nec and when we go for a walk we always take the dogs and cat on a lead .never had a problem ,where the dogs go the cat goes lol.All three are brushed every day that avoids hairs all over Even at home they sleep together in the same basket

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back