Any bobber enthusiasts out there. (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Been a biker forever, and for those of you "who don't get it"
I feel you have missed out on one of life's experiences,
ALL bikers will know what that buzz out on the road feels like
as far as Bobbers, Harleys, and customs are concerned,
they are not for me, but if it's your niche, that's great, get and have one
If your a modern rocket ship rider, a british classic ,died in the wool guy,
a restorer of old iron, I think you are all the same
WE ARE BIKERS, something the sad never biked brigade will never understand
Get that wind in your face at every opportunity, and savour the pleasure.
Too right, there's nothing like jumping on a great bike and zipping off! I think a lot of people are scared of them, and if you think about it too much maybe they are a bit scary, but once you're on it, you're fine :cool:

Nov 28, 2017
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
6 years
I'm with you Snowbird. Maybe not as traditional as a brit bobber, but my XJ Yam bobber was the dogs doodies. Being vertically challenged, I had mine built to my spec(as low as you like). It looked great, sounded awesome, rode really well. Unfortunately we are no longer together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I currently have 4 motorbikes, a modern Suzuki Gixer sportbike, two classic race bikes (from the 70's which I have restored/am restoring) and my 'Bobber Equivalent'

Let me explain, to ride it fast, the Gixer needs tyres checking, I need undersuit, contact lenses, leather suit, full face helmet, race gloves, etc. So, if I have been busy and want to pop out on a bike for a quick ride, maybe to the bikers cafe for a coffee & chat with other bikers, it's all too much of a faff to take the Gixer. That said, I can never think of a time when I wouldn't have a sportbike - after all these years they still give me such an amazing rush

I thought long & hard about a real classic, maybe a 1954 AJS - the year I was born and the year AJS won a TT. But my experiences with classic bikes means I know just how much fettling they need to keep them running - to say nothing of getting my imperial tools out of the back of my garage!

In the end, I bought a Royal Enfield Continental GT - built in India. It looks like a classic, it sounds like a classic (mega exhaust added) but it rides so much better, is more reliable, has an electric starter, is cheap to run and after 2 years & 4000 miles, zero depreciation!

It attracts a lot of attention, I even had an attractive young lady in a car at the traffic lights open the window and tell me that it was the most beautiful bike she'd every seen - yes really!

We're all different and I think most bikers would want at least a dozen bikes, but practicality means we limit ourselves to less!

View attachment 289198

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Had a 250 GT 1n 1967 (ARE866D ) if only it had a decent g/box-but lovely looking bike (posers dream ) handled really well though.Put a Triumph 3TA motor in one a few years ago.Cant see the point of a "bobber" (unless youre Henry Cole!

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
FD0362C7-647B-4FEA-A4B1-A8A3D033C9DE.jpeg
3F573A87-E494-4754-B56A-1A19C5C3CE4A.jpeg
Henry Cole , he knows how to make a great tv show JUST tolerable
Not sure if he would approve of my other bike , not quite a bobber but works well in the MH

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As some of you know I have the Velocette LE for shopping trips from the motorhome. The XV 700 bobber is being delivered on Thursday as its taken me a week to sort out a place in one of the sheds to store the thing :rolleyes:. One of the reasons I went for the XV is that its shaft drive like my Velocette which I must admit, I do prefer to chain drive. Just maybe there will be room in the trailer along with cooks electric trike, my electric Gazelle and the Vello. If so, great fun will be had in Europe this summer :).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back