Motorhomes in Gran Canaria (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Illness and family matters prevented us from going away this winter. With everything finally sorted out we booked a last minute holiday to, well actually a place we liked the look of that had availability! which is Puerto De Mogan on Gran Canaria.
A small and really nice village with lots of restaurants and a harbour full of fancy yachts. This weekend around ten motorhomes pitched up in a car park close to the hotel we are staying in. I had a plan to check them out this morning but only one remains. A quick Google would suggest wild camping is not approved of, I found one campsite on the island which I will check out later.
Has anyone been to Gran Canaria in a motorhome? Or have any knowledge of the islands facilities?
I know it’s expensive to get a ferry here but the evening temperatures make it very tempting.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Illness and family matters prevented us from going away this winter. With everything finally sorted out we booked a last minute holiday to, well actually a place we liked the look of that had availability! which is Puerto De Mogan on Gran Canaria.
A small and really nice village with lots of restaurants and a harbour full of fancy yachts. This weekend around ten motorhomes pitched up in a car park close to the hotel we are staying in. I had a plan to check them out this morning but only one remains. A quick Google would suggest wild camping is not approved of, I found one campsite on the island which I will check out later.
Has anyone been to Gran Canaria in a motorhome? Or have any knowledge of the islands facilities?
I know it’s expensive to get a ferry here but the evening temperatures make it very tempting.
Have a look at the post below yours,,GB Tours,,it is mainly about Canaries. BUSBY.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
@Crazylegs , we where there yesterday at the super Dino next to the hotel and saw the Motorhomes . I think it’s not encouraged by the government but ignored to a certain extent by the locals if no trouble or nuciance is caused. We are about 15mins away in a private caravan site run by the Gran Canary caravan club . The facilities for commercial site are very very limited we are going to one a week on wed and I think it’s the only one and not great by all accounts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Crazylegs
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
@Crazylegs , we where there yesterday at the super Dino next to the hotel and saw the Motorhomes . I think it’s not encouraged by the government but ignored to a certain extent by the locals if no trouble or nuciance is caused. We are about 15mins away in a private caravan site run by the Gran Canary caravan club . The facilities for commercial site are very very limited we are going to one a week on wed and I think it’s the only one and not great by all accounts

How bizarre, we can see the Super Dino from our room. We’re hiring a car tmos to check the island out.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Brilliant , take the GC-200 road to port de las Nieves what a road we will need a new set of brake pads when we get home . Some of our group have refused to do another mountain road ever again after that road , I loved it . :D

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Quite a few on Lanzorate a few weeks ago. Spanish, French and the Dutch. Ferry from Cadiz??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
We stayed there in January and saw the same thing. Lots of activity at the weekend but only a couple there through the week. Didn't see any British plates though.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Quite a few on Lanzorate a few weeks ago. Spanish, French and the Dutch. Ferry from Cadiz??

As far as I know it’s the only way with a motorhome , we caught it from Cadiz and docked at Tenerife but it did stop on the way at lanzorote for a couple of hours .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back