Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
To be honest, we decided before the Adria decision that 3500kg was the target weight anyway and so uprating was never on the tick list
We have a reasonable(claimed) payload, to be confirmed, but to be honest but this is going to be for long weekends and only occasional road trips.

Your van and mine are exactly the same In weight terms once I make a slight adjustment for the maxi chassis and 16" alloys so in theory you've got a whole load of usable payload.

The Adria 640SLB Premium will IMO be a very usable van to own in 3.5T guise; a win-win :)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
It's a very exciting time - we went through this last November while waiting for our new Dreamer D55+ to be delivered. I saw both the D55+ and the new 2019 Twins at the Dusseldorf show last year and it was a close decision. Both have thew window above the cab and clever bathrooms, but the Dreamer (Rapido) has a 3 way absorption fridge rather than compressor. I also preferred the interior fit out and ambience, but that is very subjective to each person. The sky roof makes a huge difference to the ambience in the lounge and we love it. Which colour did you choose? The D55+ only comes in silver which made our choice easy!

If only Dreamer gave the option of what you have (clever bathroom, open area above cab, large absorption fridge) with twin beds, but as far as I can tell the twin beds options don't have all the other things.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Your van and mine are exactly the same In weight terms once I make a slight adjustment for the maxi chassis and 16" alloys so in theory you've got a whole load of usable payload.

The Adria 640SLB Premium will IMO be a very usable van to own in 3.5T guise; a win-win :)
Got potentially an eye issue ( down the line) so might lose the C1 as well
Plus my good lady far more comfortable driving a PVC

I will keep you posted on my "Swift" issue as it (hopefully) resolves

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
We’ve got a deposit on the 640 SGX. The one with the raising bed. Himself thinks there will be plenty of room for bikes. I think it’ll be a good idea to get the clean bed linen out of the way of the muddy dog.

Just wish it would hurry up and arrive.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We went for 640 SLB Supreme
A few differences from ‘18 model
Notably, the Sky Roof and the full walk through (loft as they call it) from hab to cab
What swung it finally was the “Duplex” washroom

Have you picked it up yet :cool:

Damian

Free Member
Sep 2, 2018
UK / NZ
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600SPB
Exp
New
We're looking at a Twin Supreme and am very interested to hear what you think of the shower/toilet. When's your first outing in it? You must be excited.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
We are hoping to collect weekend of Friday 29th
1st Trip following weekend 5th to Anglesey
12 th to Cheltenham
19 th to Buxton area

Washroom and Front “loft” area were the 2 areas that sold it to us

Sep 12, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2000
We are waiting to pick up the same van as you! So excited that I've made our first ever post - although have been an avid forum reader for quite some time! Been without a van for a year now so can't wait. Hopefully have it by next weekend then straight off to have an alarm fitted we think.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
We are waiting to pick up the same van as you! So excited that I've made our first ever post - although have been an avid forum reader for quite some time! Been without a van for a year now so can't wait. Hopefully have it by next weekend then straight off to have an alarm fitted we think.
Bought from where?

Sep 12, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2000
Then Vanbitz for an alarm all being well. They're quite close to us - unlike Signature!

Sep 12, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2000
It’s a thought, though our daughter in Liverpool is hoping we’ll fix her kitchen ceiling visit her on our way up. Expensive business crossing the country on public transport though!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
The big day (y)

I've been looking forward to it never mind you sir :D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope all goes well.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
FINALLY I now no longer a SWIFT owner

The “Twin” has been collected and is safely in my custody

First impression of my first PVC......
I can’t believe how nimble it feels compared to the 7.5 metre coachbuilt

Obviously some compromises on space, but going to load up on Thursday and weigh it
Also going to pick through all the “essentialsl” that we removed from the Swift, and see how much of it we actually need

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Obviously some compromises on space, but going to load up on Thursday and weigh it
Also going to pick through all the “essentialsl” that we removed from the Swift, and see how much of it we actually need

Great stuff, enjoy, any photos?

Sep 12, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2000

Excellent! Good to know it feels nimble - sure it’ll swallow up a lot of stuff. Can’t wait to get ours though may be a couple more weeks as the paperwork went on a short European tour apparently. We’ll be going bigger so I wonder if we’ll fill all those cupboards!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Great news and a lovely van too.

........and a big welcome to the PVC family (y)

Sep 12, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2000
No we haven’t seen it in the flesh yet, it’s at least a 5 hour drive for us so we wont be seeing it until we collect it. Seen a few photos though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back