Advice Please Charlie (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
@Charlie can you give some advice please? I had a VonHaus Dual Action Polisher Kit for Xmas. and following your advice have purchased a bottle of Menzerna PO85RD polish.
Could you give me a brief guide to using the polish? I'm going to start with my VW T5 van first, and then the front fibreglass on mu Hymer exsis-i.
Should I use a yellow pad? I'm assuming the polish is applied to the pad rather than the vehicle. Should the pad be damp? Do I need to use a water spray while using the Menzerna? Menzerna publicity seems to imply that this gives a finished shine, does it still need wax?

Any advice will be much appreciated

Malcolm

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
@Charlie can you give some advice please? I had a VonHaus Dual Action Polisher Kit for Xmas. and following your advice have purchased a bottle of Menzerna PO85RD polish.
Could you give me a brief guide to using the polish? I'm going to start with my VW T5 van first, and then the front fibreglass on mu Hymer exsis-i.
Should I use a yellow pad? I'm assuming the polish is applied to the pad rather than the vehicle. Should the pad be damp? Do I need to use a water spray while using the Menzerna? Menzerna publicity seems to imply that this gives a finished shine, does it still need wax?

Any advice will be much appreciated

Malcolm

Menzerna P085 is a very high quality single stage low cut polish. It has relatively low cutting rate so is safe..

Tips.
Always try a wee test area out of sight.
Use soft pads.
Set the speed on your polisher to slow to medium
It’s good to Clay first but not essential
P085 is not a dry polish so minimal misting with water is all you may need. You can get away with no misting at all but misting helps break the polish down so will aid the process.

Of the literally dozens of polish brands I’ve used over many years Menzerna have impressed me the most by way of how easy they are to get along with and the great results they produce.

Once polished with p085 you can go straight in with your wax. Job done .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
If charlie doesn't respond do not use it without water you will burn paint

With a low cut polish like Menz P085 water misting is not essential. Good yes but not essential.

Farecla G3 by way of contrast can destroy surfaces in seconds if Much misting is not added.
G3 is simply NOT for the inexperienced nor is it for most of the surfaces on Motorhomes.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Thanks Charlie. As it happens I've used G3 successfully with an 800RPM rotary on dark fibreglass on our previous RV. I did practice on the roof cap! Fortunately somebody did recommend a water spray(y)

I've two yellow, one brown and one black pads with the machine, is there a guide to colours/grades of machine pads? Does polish go on pad or bodywork?

Malcolm

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks Charlie. As it happens I've used G3 successfully with an 800RPM rotary on dark fibreglass on our previous RV. I did practice on the roof cap! Fortunately somebody did recommend a water spray(y)

I've two yellow, one brown and one black pads with the machine, is there a guide to colours/grades of machine pads? Does polish go on pad or bodywork?

Malcolm

There was a guide on polishing but it was removed ..... A member accused me of robbing someone else’s material.

That said I have NO complaints at the removal of the thread on the basis I couldn’t give monkeys.

You will feel the harness in the lads. Use the softest first then go up as required. Put three small pea sized blobs of polish on your pad. As the pad absorbs the polish the cut will improve ? I never nicked that by the way ... :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As someone that has polished numerous materials for well over 40yrs I can now consider myself a professional....

T-cut....:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back