Caravan and Motorhome Club are having a laugh (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I think the caravan club are having a laugh , it’s set in the luxurious grounds of a four star hotel they said it’s the Regio camping site at Salamanca Spain .on the plus side it does have Wi-fi and electric and it’s open lol , next year I am going to be better organised :LOL::LOL:
3FA1F829-A093-4724-A11B-831C6275D68B.jpeg

Deleted User
I think the caravan club are having a laugh , it’s set in the luxurious grounds of a four star hotel they said it’s the Regio camping site at Salamanca Spain .on the plus side it does have Wi-fi and electric and it’s open lol , next year I am going to be better organised :LOL::LOL:View attachment 278505

Did you bother to read the reviews?

If you did then you should not be disappointed or surprised!

It is what it is, a convenient overnight stop, convenient for a city visit, hope your heater is working, gets mighty cold up there this time of year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I can see why the description of luxurious grounds might grate a bit but then I would never book a site abroad through one of the clubs !!

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We've stayed there a couple of times. It's a convenient stop off on the way south, but pretty grim in the wintertime :sick:.
The hotel bar is ok, though and we had a decent, but not exceptional, meal in the restaurant :).

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
We arrived there about week ago intending to camp for one night on our way down to the Algarve. They are going through a significant grounds refurbishment and it was a pretty rough building site. In the end we parked in the hotel car park and took a room. Frankly after a bit of negotiation the price was not that different and it included a really good breakfast (y) plus I we had a nice dinner and I got a gold star ;):LOL:.

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Glad we didn't bother, we chose to stay 2 nights at the Repsol garage in Salamanca, free, with grey,black, cafe and diesel all on hand. Even an easy downhill stroll into the city and the bus stops really close for the way back.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I think the caravan club are having a laugh , it’s set in the luxurious grounds of a four star hotel they said it’s the Regio camping site at Salamanca Spain .on the plus side it does have Wi-fi and electric and it’s open lol , next year I am going to be better organised :LOL::LOL:View attachment 278505
Of course you are, you’re going with an expert:LOL::LOL:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just think of all those aires you passed on the rush to get there :LOL:

I do feel your disappointment though, hopefully if the sun comes out tomorrow it will not seem too bad, you have covered a good few miles fairly quickly to get there, it might seem better when not so tired (or sober :)(y))

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Evening Howard,
Sorry you are not having the best of luck with your stopovers. Put it all down to experience.

Probably not far enough on for you tomorrow, only 200km, but one of the first sites we stayed on in Spain was Camping Caceres. It still seems to be getting good reviews.

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/markerMobile.php?id=20432

They are in the ACSI scheme, sell the ACSI books and each pitch has it's own private wet room with shower, toilet, washbasin & outside tap and sink.

Handy for the motorway and on your route to Cadiz. There is also an Aire in the town should you feel so inclined :whistle:

Where are you heading for at Cadiz?

Barry

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Evening Howard,
Sorry you are not having the best of luck with your stopovers. Put it all down to experience.

Probably not far enough on for you tomorrow, only 200km, but one of the first sites we stayed on in Spain was Camping Caceres. It still seems to be getting good reviews.

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/markerMobile.php?id=20432

They are in the ACSI scheme, sell the ACSI books and each pitch has it's own private wet room with shower, toilet, washbasin & outside tap and sink.

Handy for the motorway and on your route to Cadiz. There is also an Aire in the town should you feel so inclined :whistle:

Where are you heading for at Cadiz?

Barry

Evening Barry, you are right it’s down to a lack of experience but I don’t want to give the impression that we are not having a good time we are ,my post where ment in a light hearted way and was trying to bring a smile to a few that have in their early years of motorhoming been in the same situation as us .
I will have a look at that site tomorrow as pushing on to Cadiz is a fair old punch . The site I am going to in Cadiz is camping playa las dunas will stay there until Tuesday when we will catch the ferry to Tenerife .

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
just think of all those aires you passed on the rush to get there :LOL:

I do feel your disappointment though, hopefully if the sun comes out tomorrow it will not seem too bad, you have covered a good few miles fairly quickly to get there, it might seem better when not so tired (or sober :)(y))

Your right David ,I don’t why I am rushing I have loads of time we are away for 3 months ,so when I sober up tomorrow the sun will be shining and the next site will be 5 star so life will be good ( it is already only joking ) thanks:D

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The campsites in Spain can be very hit and miss, even those recommended by the clubs.

I always look at the reviews, on ACSI, Tripadvisor and CamperContact but even then a site can turn out to be poor.

It is what it is and we’ve learned not to book anything in advance unless we’ve been before and liked it.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We stayed there 3 years ago. It was just the same. The hotel staff were really rude when I went in there to pay. And then took my money and walked of. So I said in a very loud voice ,Thank you for being so polite and I hope all customers treat you the same as you have treated me. So have a nice day.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
@namwaldog what a good call parked up now at camping caceres,it’s a really nice site and A nice bar with a roaring log fire enjoying a couple of beers life is good again lol :D

Catch the bus into the town, it’s a nice town with some really nice old parts. Well worth a visit. Reception will tell you where to catch bus.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Yes that was the good bit. The bus came right into the hotel grounds . And the town was great . And you get the bus back where you get of.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Do stay for a day and get the bus into the city.
Bus runs from the carpark and goes right into the centre, close to the cathedral, main square etc.
It leaves from the same place and the end of the route is back in the hotel carpark.
I think the fare was about €1.40.
It's a lovely city to wander round, particularly if the sun is shining as it was for us last year.

Richard.

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
Even I have stayed there (twice) and I am usually an Off Site Motorhoming free loader.

(I know where the Burger King in Salamanca is.)
JJ :cool:
As it's good enough for JJ to go to twice I've added it to my list of places to go if I reach retirement. You won't find me in the burger places though.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Caceres - good site with individual services per pitch; good restaurant and a reasonably convenient bus into the town to visit the fascinating old part. Brush up on your Spanish to ask how to catch the bus home though 'cos I got in a right tangle with my "manglish" and struck lucky with a kind soul whose English was marginally better than my Spanish and got me on the correct bus!

Deleted User
Even I have stayed there (twice) and I am usually an Off Site Motorhoming free loader.

(I know where the Burger King in Salamanca is.)

JJ :cool:

Nice free tapas in Salamanca.....when you buy a drink:)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Bon Voyage today Howard @Howard H , hope you have a good crossing and enjoy Tenerife.
Are you Island hopping when you get there?

Barry

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Morning Barry ,thanks but it’s tomorrow we set off from Cadiz to Tenerife but thanks anyway . We are island hopping we are doing Tenerife ,la Palma ,la Gomera andGran Canaria so hopefully should be a good tour . :D

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Pre motorhome days we have had about 5 or 6 package holidays to La Palma, staying at the Taburiente Playa hotel just south of the capital Santa Cruz.
There were always MH's parked up on the car park opposite.
There are some" challenging " roads on the Island, Margaret calls them "intestinal", if you have looked a the road map you will see why.
Having said that the bus service is excellent, where every trip, long or small is €2 or reduced if you buy a bono card and pre-load it.
The Service bus round the north end takes about 4 hours but well worth it at the price.

If you like bananas you will love La Palma, I think they are their main export.

Enjoy your trip, plenty of photos please, are you starting a new thread to cover it?

Barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back