"Gilets Jaunes" The French Yellow Vest Protests (2 Viewers)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
On the news this morning Macron has given in. No price rise.
I believe the technique is the same as ours, NO INCREASE then do it a bit at a time anyway. Rothschild wants the money ,he gets it.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
It being reported in France that the riots in Paris last weekend have caused 4 million euro improvements.:xlaugh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
That’s it! We made it to Spain today from just south of Angouleme and are now parked up in a woodland Aire near Irun. No sign of GJs at all on the run south. Hope the weekend passes peacefully in France.

Reactions: Les
Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
Encountered two blockades today, one at Marquise with very pleasant and cheery protesters, no hold up at all. Got held up for 30 minutes on the A16 at J44 protesters were again pleasant, not agressive at all. Now sitting at Cite Europe trying out all my new wines.

Jul 26, 2012
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For over 50 years
Just travelled though France in our mh. No problems. Group of good natured yellow gilets waved us through a toll booth saying FREE FREE saving me at least 25 euro. Will send cheque to French gov.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
In Angouleme today we were held up at two Round-Abouts, at a third they were setting - up camp ready to cause chaos.

At the 'Girac' Round-About where the regional hospial is located they have blocked one lane of the R/A, impeding ambulances because of the tail - backs; admittedly they have people on 'traffic control' but if the ambulances cann't get passed the long queues it doesn't help much.

In my humble opinion, it is a pity Macron didn't bring in Martial Law, last week - ends scenes of violence reminded me of the 'Woolwich' riots; an excuse for vandalism, looting and general mayhem.

I had sympathy with their original aims and accepted the consequences of their protests, but I think they should now call a Truce, Macron has made the first move they in turn should do the same.

My view anyway.
I agree in one way, but nice guys come last. If it had all been peaceful nobody would of taken any notice of them. Not condoning violence but that’s the reality of it today.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Just a tip if you normally use a telepeage tag. Whilst the GJ's are manning some of the peages, it's worth travelling without the tag at present (put it in the foil bag to stop it from registering).

I travelled part of the way down the A20 today and was diverted off at J59, Caussade, north of Montauban. The GJ's were there and waved to me to give them my ticket which of course I didn't have:rolleyes: The tag beeped as I went through the gate so it has been registered:(

Back on to the A20 for the Montauban bypass, so when I reached the next peage I stowed the tag and picked up a ticket instead. Got down to Toulouse Nord and the peage was working normally so I coughed up the €5.50.

Exiting Toulouse on the A61, I picked up a ticket at the peage thinking I'd give it another go:) A little further along I was reassured to see an overhead sign warning of 'pietons' on the A66, which was my route down to the Pyrenees. Sure enough, when I reached the peage at Pamiers, the GJ's were there - one even ran round to the offside to save me getting out of my seat and collected my ticket...."Je vous en prie, merci et bon chance", I said, and continued on my way rejoicing.....:xThumb:

On the aire at L'Hospitalet Pres L'Andorre with just one MH other tonight, with a run through Andorra tomorrow, picking up some fuel on the way....

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I think, and I could have misheard it, that the Fuel increases have only been postponed, not cancelled. Postponed for 6 months?

Anyway the GJs have said they are not finished yet, I think by the sound of it they are after Macron. Love the way Frankie @yodeli calls him "the toddler"

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I think, and I could have misheard it, that the Fuel increases have only been postponed, not cancelled. Postponed for 6 months?

Anyway the GJs have said they are not finished yet, I think by the sound of it they are after Macron. Love the way Frankie @yodeli calls him "the toddler"

It was initially announced that they were postponed for six months, then later they said they had been cancelled. However, as we all know, you know a politician's lying when his/her lips start moving.....:whistle:

Jun 9, 2018
Paignton
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Autoroller 200
Exp
10 years
We are crossing to Calais next Tuesday. Are roads clear during the week or if not would travelling at night be an option?

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Yesterday a yesterday at Gramat the protestors were present though Ina modest way. The roundabout at the Figeac end of town was womanned but the only access onto that roundabout that was delaying vehicles was the one from Brive. I was advised that the StCere roundabout was blocked and that I should drive through the centre of Gramat to reach my destination.

No idea what is happening today as I have not left our dwelling. No idea about delays at night but I would guess that anywhere near Paris or any other large town/city will still be liable to some delay. Though it is chilly here at night I suspect that the gj will not be kept away unless it is seriously cold.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
In a car park in Figeac yesterday I noticed that every car had a yellow flyer under the wipers advertising a gj gathering on Sat 15/12. Did not worry about the details as I will be at home 35 kms away.

The protests seem to be are alive and kicking.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
The protestors are out again in Gramat. All 4 accesses to St Cere roundabout were blocked but it is a small town so hold up only 5 minutes. The 1 gendarme was warming his bits next to the barbecue and all very good natured. Avoided any delay on way home by driving through town centre.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
They’re out in force causing chaos on the A16 around Calais this afternoon. Large sections of A16 closed and queues of traffic in both directions.

If you’re heading home, allow more time to get to the tunnel or the port. I made it to the tunnel by taking minor roads inland from the A16.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We got held up for about 20 mins on D675 between Pont Audemer and Pont L’Eveque, they held traffic up by asking for petition to be signed.
Saw their camp on roundabout at Carentan but nobody on duty, it was lunch time!

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Yesterday's La Depeche contained an article about the gj taking over a motorway toll booth on the A20. For once the gendarmes did something and moved them on.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
The protests are working!!!!! Diesel down to EUR 1.332 at local Leclerc yesterday and the only gj in sight was on my dashboard.

Looks as if they are back at it in Paris etc today. It's one way to complain about austerity, makes a change from letters to the Times I suppose.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Friends of ours said there were still protestors at Rouen and Ecommoy ( off A28 past Le Mans) on their way south a couple of days ago.
Jacket on dash and they managed to get through with minor delay.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
It’s enough to put you off going, well me anyway.

Don't be put off.....we travelled down to Spain on Sunday 31st December in our car, not the motorhome, and although there were yellow shirts on the roundabouts we were not stopped at all.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We did have to queue to get through immigration control when we disembarked in Caen...it took 30 minutes to get through...sad times.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Has anyone been through France recently for a update on the yellow vest events. Have heard some peaple put their yellow vests on dash board when travelling through France. Good or bad.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We travelled down to the Alps last week but we used the toll roads , we saw one group on the road out of Grenoble but they weren’t stopping anyone.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has anyone been through France recently for a update on the yellow vest events. Have heard some peaple put their yellow vests on dash board when travelling through France. Good or bad.

Not seen any action around Cherbourg peninsula,in last the few weeks.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Not seen any action around Cherbourg peninsula,in last the few weeks.

That’s good because that’s where we’re heading as you know. (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We did have to queue to get through immigration control when we disembarked in Caen...it took 30 minutes to get through...sad times.
Think since Strasbourg The French are taking security serious,,Not a bad thing,,whats 30 mins if it saves life,,,BUSBY,,

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Mikel, We are on our way to Spain and are now south of Bordeaux. Seen some fires near roundabouts and odd folk stood about but no delays. Our Gilet Jaunes are on the dashboard and always get a thumbs up. Enjoy your trip!
Bernie and Rona :D

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Just travelled through France this week. Saw two groups of protestors. One near Poitiers and one towards Bordeaux. No problem at all. They were just standing on the roundabouts. Many vehicles sounding their horns in support.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back