Lochore Meadows ,Fife, Scotland. (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
My Wife and I booked 2 nights stay here last night 18/12/2018 mainly due to the fact we were itching to get away in our Motorhome for the first time and thought it would be a nice tranquil setting to relax and take our 2 Jack Russells for walkies and generally based on good reviews I have read.
Well it turned out to be a complete nightmare, all was good until about 8pm then Boy Racers started arriving about 4 cars right next to us at one point, Loud music , shouting and swearing, smoking dope, urinating in full view in car park and littering everywhere.
We gave them a while thinking they would move on but not to be, so was forced to call the Police as my Wife was becoming and feeling intimidated.
The Police arrived about 45 minutes later but the Neds had left by then. We asked the Police if they could recommend anywhere else local to stay the night as we no longer felt safe here, They recommended Loch Leven car park, and thats where we went immediately and stayed the rest of the night.
Now I know most people will reply and say well you were just unlucky, but I am sorry but we will not be returning any time soon unless drastic improvement is made to ensure the safety and well being of other Park Users.
Apologies if I have posted in wrong place as I am a Newbie to all this.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I don`t understand, is Lochore Meadows a campsite ?
How were scroats able to gain access to cause a disturbance and why didn`t you complain to site reps.
Maybe there was nobody around at night but there should be a contact phone number in case of problems.
Don`t let it put you off, just one of those things

OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Hi, lochore Meadows is open to all general public and is run by Fife Council, They have recently added Motorhome stopovers but as far as I am aware there Motorhome car park was locked last night so was forced to park anywhere, which did not help as the NEDS probably saw us and thought lets go annoy them. I did ask in the only place that was open a Cafe , where I was supposed to park ? the Woman just pointed over there and take your pick !
There were plenty signs for Car Parks but not for Motorhomes ,I did not hang around long enough to look for a phone number to complain as my Wife was too upset, but I did complain to Fife Council today by email, awaiting response.
We are annoyed but not disheartened and heading off tomorrow to a remote and small site which has got decent reviews and on Private land, so fingers crossed all goes well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
There’s a meet going on there in June. We won’t put up with any rowdy boy racers. In fact they probably won’t have room to race.

Go visit the Kelpies overnight but park in the bottom car park or you will get the boy racers again.

I hope your trip improves.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
That's a same stayed there so many times with no problems I have stayed at loch leaven as well it ok
I never stay in the carpark I stay up the side of the loch past the play park along the small track
bill

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sorry not sure what the problem is, if it was a public car park then other cars using it is pretty normal.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry not sure what the problem is, if it was a public car park then other cars using it is pretty normal.

It’s supposed to be a dedicated space for Motorhome’s. It’s £10 a night so not free.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It’s supposed to be a dedicated space for Motorhome’s. It’s £10 a night so not free.
Sorry I thought I read that this section of the car park was locked shut so they stayed in the general area.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry I thought I read that this section of the car park was locked shut so they stayed in the general area.

Yes I’m confused. I’ve been there myself before.
I can only think that the Op hasn’t been charged and parked further down. motorhome parking is where I’ve drawn the line if I remember right. Black dump and water to the right.

There’s really no reason for the boy racers to be there as they can’t get anywhere but further north in the pic is a lap which I’m thinking is where they have been racing.

Unless it’s been changed since then it’s only a yard in the locked gates.

I’m sure @normanandsue will be more familiar.

349FA4AF-E5D4-4109-AC1D-F30934C69155.jpeg

OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Hi, Imbru is correct there is supposed to be a Dedicated Motorhome space and it is a a tenner a night, Glad I didn,t pay up front, There was a large grassy area at the back of one of the car parks, I am only assuming that this area was for Motorhomes? but was locked and no signs to say otherwise. Maybe someone who has been there before can confirm this?

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I am sorry you had a bad experience at Lochore Meadows, like many others it is a place I use frequently but recently the park has suffered from vandalism, with some having been caught and charged.

The hard standing area Sandra highlighted is not the designated mg parking area, even though the waste facilities are situated there. As Bill says the usual place recommended is in a grassy area beyond the play park but with all the recent rain I could understand if you were sent to the hard standing area.

@Peskyrabbitt This is a car park with facilities and what you experienced in these areas is likely to happen as mentioned concerning the Kelpies. When not using designated camp sites, my motto is "if we don't feel safe move on" which is what you did, but I think I would have moved sooner.

Medsdemon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Vw T6 conversion
Exp
Did it 20 years ago with a 6 berth Swift Kontiki but missed it so back
Hi, I am fairly local to Lochore Meadows and use it all the time for running and kayaking, but as I know it so well, I also know I would never contemplate staying there. It’s definitely got too easy access for Boy Racers and the Cafe was smashed to pieces one night. If I wanted somewhere local To here to park the night, I’d head to Burleigh Sands by Loch Leven or we recently stayed in the large carpark of Loch Leven Larder, who confirmed when we asked that they’re happy for motorhome overnights ( presumably because they may get some sales from it). It was very quiet there.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi, I am fairly local to Lochore Meadows and use it all the time for running and kayaking, but as I know it so well, I also know I would never contemplate staying there. It’s definitely got too easy access for Boy Racers and the Cafe was smashed to pieces one night. If I wanted somewhere local To here to park the night, I’d head to Burleigh Sands by Loch Leven or we recently stayed in the large carpark of Loch Leven Larder, who confirmed when we asked that they’re happy for motorhome overnights ( presumably because they may get some sales from it). It was very quiet there.
I have stayed there many times directly across the loch Frome the outdoor centre is the aria to park I stay there when I visit my son in Cowdenbeath.
I come Frome Leven
I must be lucky I have never had any problems when parked there any time of year
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back