Construction techniques A class. (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Concorde Concerto 2005. Iveco chassis.

Not sure if they still build em like this or not, a picture and quote from the German brochure below, translated courtesy of google as Caz is watching a film and her German is excellent.

Concerto 2005 construction.jpg

A quote also from the brochure

There are principles that do not allow compromise. The name Concorde guarantees perfect craftsmanship, innovation, winter suitability, quality, value stability and unclouded motorhome fun. We place these quality requirements on each of our motorhome models, and accordingly also with the Concerto.

The implementation of these obligations begins with the design of the motorhome. Of course, the new models feature a continuous, loaded and therefore usable double floor. Of course, the Concerto 2005 are equipped with a Alde hot water heater and of course the cabin structure takes place from the inside to the outside.

Certainly, it is more cost effective to apply the vehicle chassis first to the living room furniture and then to attach the walls. But the stability of a motorhome, residential buildings and the entire motorhome construction is much higher when a complete cabin is first available, and the residential installations

Take a closer look at furniture construction, for example. From construction to the production of the individual elements to the assembly in the motorhome, craftsmanship dominates. The result is impressive. It is not only at first glance that you can see that real experts in their field were at work here.

In the bed system, we rely on the Concorde Comfort Plus system developed by Concorde in the case of the Concerto. Concorde Comfort Plus stands for an optimally coordinated combination of enjoyment.

Bright, friendly and large sleeping quarters!
A new bed system for a restful night's sleep: Concorde Comfort Plus!
Numerous shelves and storage space also in the sleeping area!

Concorde motorhomes have always set standards in the field of construction construction.
The Concorde Solidtherm ® wall system is a guarantee of maximum stability and safety, durability and the best climatic characteristics. The basis for this is the special Concorde composite construction method.

Two top layers made of chromatized aluminium alloy are connected under heat and pressure with a core from the hard foam RTM to form a high-strength wall element. The wall structure is completely hollow-free. The insulation properties are outstanding and correspond to a wall about 80 cm thick.

The connection of the walls to each other, with the floors and the roof is done by specially escaped bonding and screws. The connecting element is a foam of exceptionally high density, which enables stable screwing connections without forming a cold bridge. To do this, it is completely rotting free.
The compounds are sealed by a hot.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Still very similar Paul, heated floor now is an option but otherwise why change a good formula:xThumb:

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Interesting they use aluminum on the floor but they were probably doing that long before everyone else was using GRP. Have noticed with our current Hymer with the aluminum inner walls how the van retains the heat so much better, don't need much heating unless its blowing a gale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
They still use aluminium on the floor and on the roof skin, their argument is that the Alloy might dent with hail stones but it won't suffer micro cracking that they say fibreglasss will, I would agree if it was ordinary polyester like the front and back but the modern roof skins on Morelo and N+B are different quality fibreglass.

The biggest difference in the body from then till now seems to be the way they channel and manage rain water.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
They still use aluminium on the floor and on the roof skin, their argument is that the Alloy might dent with hail stones but it won't suffer micro cracking that they say fibreglasss will, I would agree if it was ordinary polyester like the front and back but the modern roof skins on Morelo and N+B are different quality fibreglass.

The biggest difference in the body from then till now seems to be the way they channel and manage rain water.

Martin

Ours is an aluminium rear panel Martin, they then started using GRP not sure which year but I did read they had a real bad batch of them around 2010 and loads were complaining on the German forums as the GRP ones were cracking. Which probably proves your point about the difference between ally and GRP on the roofs.

The main differences I can see apart from the rear panel are the way they started to do the door seal area, I heard that they also started using environmentally friendly sealant around 2007 and it wasn't as good.

They also significantly increased production in around 2006 and invested in a mega expensive bodywork press to meet demand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting they use aluminum on the floor but they were probably doing that long before everyone else was using GRP. Have noticed with our current Hymer with the aluminum inner walls how the van retains the heat so much better, don't need much heating unless its blowing a gale.

Yes exactly Lenny, this is the first van we have had with Alde and wow, does it get hot so maybe you are correct about the aluminium inner walls having an effect.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Martin

What is the difference in how they channel the rainwater Martin?
Never knew that.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So our double floor is not heated then Martin? Do you mean the double floor?
Hi Paul

Yes your double floor will be heated off the Alde but the latest vans have a heated living area floor option.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What is the difference in how they channel the rainwater Martin?
Never knew that.
They just have a standy up channel on the roof edges and it runs the rainwater forwards or backwards to keep the sides clean.

Martin

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
They just have a standy up channel on the roof edges and it runs the rainwater forwards or backwards to keep the sides clean.

Martin
Good God man - Autotrail have only just managed to channel it away from the inside - allegedly :xgrin:

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We’re giving our Concorde a bit of a test... at the moment we’re in -19c and it’s 6.25pm so I expect the temperature will go down further still. We’re warm and snug. Our steps did freeze shut this morning though... we poured warm water over them and they worked fine. Something which is pretty unavoidable I think in low temps.

We have the underfloor heating in the lounge, kitchen and bathroom - it’s worth having.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We’re giving our Concorde a bit of a test... at the moment we’re in -19c and it’s 6.25pm so I expect the temperature will go down further still. We’re warm and snug. Our steps did freeze shut this morning though... we poured warm water over them and they worked fine. Something which is pretty unavoidable I think in low temps.

We have the underfloor heating in the lounge and bathroom - it’s worth having.
Think you need to start heading South (y) good test though.

And yes I fancy a heated floor next time around.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Think you need to start heading South (y) good test though.

And yes I fancy a heated floor next time around.

Martin

Yes, we are heading south slowly but did a bit of a detour into Sweden again. It’s a lot colder here than Norway, although we had more snow there. Our border collie, who is a big boy, was submerged in the snow. His trousers and chest had snowballs the size of tennis balls! :LOL: The only way we could get them off was to stick him in the shower!

It is interesting to see how the vehicle performs... so far so good!

The snow tyres are brilliant. We couldn’t find water the other day and a fire officer kindly offered to let us fill at the fire station. We chatted at length about many things including driving in arctic conditions.... he said our tyres were very good, which was reassuring.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We have underfloor heating on our new Concorde, all through the van.
Tested it out over the weekend and my god what a difference it made, lovely warm feet??

Congratulations on your new vehicle! :) You have the rear lounge now I believe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back