CobraTrak Insurance Renewal requires Cat5 or 6 Tracker (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I’ve read the other thread on Trackers. As we have a Ford based Motorhome this years insurance stipulation is that we need a Cat 6 minimum tracker. I have done a bit of research and the cost can vary quite widely. On the basis that we have only used the Motorhome for 10 days this year due to job and family stuff then we want to try and keep cost down to a reasonable level as it spends most of its time at the storage site.

Has anyone used the CobraTrak Plus Motorhome Tracker or do you have any other recommendations, Vanbitz probably not an option as we haven’t got time to get it to them.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Your insurance company will have a list of approved systems and installers they will accept.

That should be your starting point.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Or look at changing insurer. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Cat Five and Cat Six finishes end of December insist with your insurer that they allow you to get a VTS system fitted, to future proof yourself.

The Insurance Companies that are members of the Association of British Insurers, own the Motor Industry Repair and Research Centre (MIRRC) based in Thatcham (known as the Thatcham list) and make the rules but very often sadly are totally unaware of what is happening in the industry

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Just find a tracker at a price you want to pay and ask the insurers if they accept said model and get them to confirm by email.

I got a Smar Track Protector Pro for £185 which was accepted, it’s the subscription (for tracking) which costs!! About £350 for 3years

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Ps. I doubt you will need a 5, full police response and immobilisation etc. Don’t think insurers know the difference myself!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Change Insurance Companies .. Ours is with NFU .. Ok not as cheap as some BUT we don't need an Alarm or Tracker and it's not a cheap MH.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ps. I doubt you will need a 5, full police response and immobilisation etc. Don’t think insurers know the difference myself!

Change Insurance Companies .. Ours is with NFU .. Ok not as cheap as some BUT we don't need an Alarm or Tracker and it's not a cheap MH.

I think the problem here is "FORD"..
With so many being stolen insurers are going to start charging more I guess. If you do an online quote with Comfort, one of the first question is.. "Is the vehicle a Ford"....

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I'm insured by Axa through the C&MC and they certainly know the difference. Categorically, stated nothing less than the highest protection at Cat5 and would accept nothing less. They wanted a copy of the installation cert to show it was fitted by an approved Thatcham fitter and a copy of the annual subscription to show it was monitored. Only then would they provide cover.

OP
OP
tap6699
Jul 7, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Thanks everyone, we tried NFU but not sure the person I spoke to understands Motorhomes and they were over three times the Aviva premium. I think we’ll check out the VTS and just bite the bullet and get the best one we can to try and future proof as much as we can as we have a Ford!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I got a Smar Track Protector Pro for £185 which was accepted, it’s the subscription (for tracking) which costs!! About £350 for 3years

Just one slight change to that sir:

A Class-6 Smartrack Protector Plus Global unit costs between £185 to £199 fitted at your home. The airtime subs are:

1. Annual: £149

or,

2. Lifetime Membership: £395, so if you keep the same van for 10-years as an example then you'll have tracker coverage for all of that time with nothing extra to pay.

Cheers,

Andrew

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Just one slight change to that sir:

A Class-6 Smartrack Protector Plus Global unit costs between £185 to £199 fitted at your home. The airtime subs are:

1. Annual: £149

or,

2. Lifetime Membership: £395, so if you keep the same van for 10-years as an example then you'll have tracker coverage for all of that time with nothing extra to pay.

Cheers,

Andrew
Yes, I think your right. Apart from extending the warranty on the unit! Which I’ve just done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back