Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
On and of for many years now permantley
Hi all. I have just got a b/s 6700ita flair. 2005. Lights in the toilet and shower are are not working. I have checked the fuses but all ok. Any ideas. The van hasn't done many miles in the last 5 years. Also spots don't work over sofa area.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The van hasn't done many miles in the last 5 years.

presumably you have tested the lamps or changed for known working ones ?

if so, perhaps rodent damage.. they love chewing through cables.. so check cable runs for damage, and check if there is 12v at the light switches .. this will narrow down where the fault is

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: p-c

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi all. I have just got a b/s 6700ita flair. 2005. Lights in the toilet and shower are are not working. I have checked the fuses but all ok. Any ideas. The van hasn't done many miles in the last 5 years. Also spots don't work over sofa area.
I was just typing have a you got the manual because it will tell you where the fuses are, then I read again and you say fuses OK. The 6700 is different to our 8000 but we have some lights that are switched directly by the rocker switch and then we have some that are switched via a momentary contact switch via the control panel, as I say ours is different but the shower light is on a direct rocker but the main bathroom lights and bedroom light are via the control panel, just a thought, how is your battery voltage as again our Flair with CBE control panel has a progressive shut down mode that takes out the least critical circuits if your battery is too low.

Martin

OP
OP
Awayoflife

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
Thanks for the replies. Battery is good. Most of the lights do work just not the ones in toilet area and shower. I havnt completed the deal on the van yet but we agreed that the lights would be sorted before I take motorhome. I think the next step is to see where power is getting too.
Off topic I know but the van other than lights is in good order with 25,000 miles. It's a 2005. With a dome satellite an alarm system. Paid 30k. Have I paid too much or is that about right. Only asking as did notice the discussion on the 7100 for 24 k. It did look like a. Wet nice van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for the replies. Battery is good. Most of the lights do work just not the ones in toilet area and shower. I havnt completed the deal on the van yet but we agreed that the lights would be sorted before I take motorhome. I think the next step is to see where power is getting too.
Off topic I know but the van other than lights is in good order with 25,000 miles. It's a 2005. With a dome satellite an alarm system. Paid 30k. Have I paid too much or is that about right. Only asking as did notice the discussion on the 7100 for 24 k. It did look like a. Wet nice van.
Are the switches a rocker or a push and hold (1 second ish) I think a rocker would rule out anything to do with the CBE control.

Not really sure about price, I guess this is 2.8 FIAT front wheel drive, although ours is 2005 build as well but it is 3.0 litre IVECO rear wheel drive as the 7100 will be (could be 2.8) so no direct comparison, it would appear that the 7100 is not in the best of condition and it's 2002 so again no comparison.

Martin

EDIT cam belt?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It might be worth just turning the panel off and back on, if it’s CBE hold in the standby button till it all goes off and then likewise for back on.

Martin

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Have you Checked the fuses with a meter? Fuses can look ok. Also remove each fuse and re-insert as they can have poor contacts.

OP
OP
Awayoflife

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
Re cab belt. I am having that done before I take away along with oil and filters.
As for lighting I have managed to track it down to bank 2. Have changed fuse with good one but no luck. Figure it is bank 2 as when I take fuse out all other lights work. I will try turning central control panel off and on.
It seems there should be a symbol on control panel showing me that the battery is charging via solar panel. But doesn't. But controller showing it is charging. All a bit frustrating as lady I am buying it from knows nothing about it as her husband did it all. He is not around unfortunately. It's a bit of a learnt curve from my 1996 swift royal. Lol.

OP
OP
Awayoflife

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
Switches for main lights in living area and bedroom push and hold. And others rockers.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Have you got power at the rocker switch. Easily tested with a meter between terminal and known ground. You can do this with a flying lead from the battery and a length of cable just don’t touch it to anything 12v. If you have power then its probably an earth fault in which case you can always run a new ground cable to one of the lights. Chances are they are all on the same ground.

*** NOTE THIS ONLY WORKS WITH ROCKER SWITCHES ***

OP
OP
Awayoflife

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
Yes that is the next thing to do. I shall let her daughter check for power. I have found out roughly where the problem is. It is down the right side of van looking from front to back. Mood lights ok. But 2 spots over sofa. And 2 spots in bedroom. And bathroom lights. All down the same line. Tried to get to back of switch but need a star screw driver. ( of course I do silly me. Lol ) also tried to get to wiring but so much of it I just don't know how to get to it. Inside a panel but no visible sign of getting it to it. Notice there are 3 fuses in line 3 amp all looked good but will change tomorrow. The push and hold switch that puts bedroom lights on works. But the 2 rocket in same place near bathroom don't work. Mystery. Need to get to the bottom of this before I get cam done and pay for van.

OP
OP
Awayoflife

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
Well the lights still not working. The person that looked at it today said there was power at the switch permanently. She reckons that is the way it is set up. I think that is a bit weird.
The lady I am. Uying if is getting a pro in on Friday. Problem is that is when I am meant to be passing money over. My biggest concern is if the main circuit bird has a fault. Even though most lights and electrics do work. Anyone have any idea of how much something like that could cost. My thinking is to drop price by worst scenario. Not have a lot of time to sort this as she is going to Asia on the following Monday. Any advice would be good. Apart from lights van seems pretty good

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You would expect the switches to have permanent 12v on one terminal. The other terminal goes to the light and has 12v on it only when the switch is in the on position.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If there is more than one fuse for the affected lights, the problem is almost certainly in the common return (earth) wires. I'm assuming that there is only one fault, not a collection of them. A poor connection will be difficult to see unless unless a wire has come apart. I'd try to follow the returning wires all the way back to the battery -ve. If you connect a wire from the battery -ve to the -ve side of a lamp, you could prove that the fault is an earth return if the lamps now work. (You will have by-passed the fault.) Your next task will be to locate it. For that, I'd start looking from the battery -ve or -ve bus bar back towards the lamps. Good luck!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If there is more than one fuse for the affected lights, the problem is almost certainly in the common return (earth) wires. I'm assuming that there is only one fault, not a collection of them. A poor connection will be difficult to see unless unless a wire has come apart. I'd try to follow the returning wires all the way back to the battery -ve. If you connect a wire from the battery -ve to the -ve side of a lamp, you could prove that the fault is an earth return if the lamps now work. (You will have by-passed the fault.) Your next task will be to locate it. For that, I'd start looking from the battery -ve or -ve bus bar back towards the lamps. Good luck!
If it is a fault on the -ve return side from the lamp I think the OP will find these all go to a common post in a distribution box which will most likely be next to the main 12v fuse box.

@Awayoflife if you look for a box marked like this,

IMG_0223.jpg

the two on the left are the mass collection posts,

IMG_0222.JPG

You can just see one of the posts in the bottom left of the box.

Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
Awayoflife

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
Thanks for that info. I have passed it on to the guy that is going to try and fix it. It will make more sense to him than me.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Did you end up getting the van?

Join us or log in to post a reply.