Compulsory charges at CairnGorm Mountain ski car parks (1 Viewer)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We stayed at the lower Cairgorm carpark the other day and it was a donation-based scheme so we bunged a fiver in the box. Our neighbour informed me that it was £8 per night on the upper park which, in all honesty, was bloody good IMO when you consider the posh camp site at the bottom of the resort wanted to charge us £35/night for a grass pitch without leccy - and that place was packed.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
We stayed at the lower Cairgorm carpark the other day and it was a donation-based scheme so we bunged a fiver in the box. Our neighbour informed me that it was £8 per night on the upper park which, in all honesty, was bloody good IMO when you consider the posh camp site at the bottom of the resort wanted to charge us £35/night for a grass pitch without leccy - and that place was packed.
C&CC have a policy now (which I don't agree with) of increasing the site fees during high demand/not pre-booked. I raisd this with the Deputy Chairman who was visiting a site we were on last year but didn't get much out if him except that they would revisit the policy if enough members complained. Having said that, the Loch Morlich site is a lovely one with excellent facilities open all year round and the added advantage of a pub almost onsite.:drinks:

I can confirm what @scotjimland posts above, a day visit cost £2 regardless of vehicle and the charge is only there because so many freeloaders used the facilities without even a token donation towards upkeep.

Deleted User
We were there just two nights ago and the notices certainly don't lead you to think that. It actually says buses, minibuses and campervans £8 per day which lead us to think if we stayed overnight it would be £16.
All forestry sites banned overnight parking except Alt Mor
I also have an email from then saying that a small campervan staying overnight will only be charged £2.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
https://www.cairngormmountain.co.uk/plan-your-visit/parking-at-cairngorm/

£2 for day parking . £8 for overnight

Parking Tariffs
The parking fees payable at this car park are as follows:

• Cars – £2.00
  • Minibuses/Vans – £8.00 (if staying overnight, £2 if visiting during the day)
  • Annual Passes – £25.00
These fees are also displayed on the welcome sign at the entrance to the car park. You are obliged to pay the applicable fee. Please note the following exemptions:

• Blue Badge Holders
  • Season Pass Holders
  • Emergency or Contractor Vehicles
Thanks @scotjimland we will now be able to enjoy the car park again and keep our FLT name intact.

We will use our blue badge. :party2::party2::party2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyone fancy a meet up Cairngorm mountain in the winter?

Last edited:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Cairngorm mountain railway closed due to faults in the foundations. The carpark could be very empty this winter!!!!

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
We use Alt Mor site at the bottom quite often, £2 per day so £4 for the weekend, we go walking around the area and the site is lovely. You can park in ANY carpark (except Cairngorm up top) for £2 and travel between them on same ticket. We live north of Inverness so nice weekend away.

Another nice stop over (free) is https://www.nature.scot/enjoying-ou...serves/creag-meagaidh-national-nature-reserve

We also stop over here, just a word of warning, at weekends it gets busy and early morning car door banging is normal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back