Ferry booked N+B Polch here we come (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As per the thread title, it's that time of the year again and the Niesmann+Bischoff factory at Polch in Germany are having their open weekend on the weekend of 10th and 11th November, the whole weekend is free including camping on the big field at the front of the factory and it is open to anybody irrespective of the van that you own.

It is a good chance to have a look around the factory with guided tours in English, and the showroom will be full of new vans;) and even more used ones outside, the factory will also be selling off old and discontinued parts some at very knock down prices, Saturday night is party time in the big tent with a band from 7pm till around 1 in the morning, Beer to your table so none of that stupid queueing up at the bar(y)

Phew, if that's not enough Niesmann caravanning over the road who are a big Concorde and Hymer dealer will be having an open weekend as well with all the vans open to view so totally spoilt for choice.

So what is stopping you going it's only 300 miles from Calais or about 240 from Zeebrugge, when all the excitement is over the Mosel is only 20 or 30 miles away for a bit of a chill out and the vines should be in their Autumn colours(y)

Martin

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
If only I had the money pens! Ive always looked lovingly at the N&B’s on our travels! Anyone fancy donating one? No, thought not!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I think there's every likelihood that Nikki and i will be coming too..
Would like a word about a few things

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Martin I have some lovely N&B on site with us just now, they certainly look impressive from the outside, we also have a coupl of large Concorde and Carthargo on site. Seems to be more top end vans around these day.
Enjoy your trip.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Martin

Thought you said a few weeks ago that you were not going this year - fake news then.;)

We were going down the Rhine a couple of weeks ago. I could have put Basia on a flight from Hahn to here and stayed on. Now we have commitments here so even flying to Hahn and getting B+B may not be feasible.

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Martin I have some lovely N&B on site with us just now, they certainly look impressive from the outside, we also have a coupl of large Concorde and Carthargo on site. Seems to be more top end vans around these day.
Enjoy your trip.

Maybe the 'Grey Pound' accounts for it.

But it might be the last generation with this money so I hope the top-end brands have contingency plans to downsize later. Or maybe they will have to heavily discount - mmmmm? what do I fancy?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Looks interesting - must check the calendar to see if we can sneak away!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Enjoy it Martin I know you always do, do you think you maybe tempted. :)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Ok we are in.. no marathon that weekend so a 1000 mile round trip leaving Sunday Lunch back for work Monday... why not...

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Maybe the 'Grey Pound' accounts for it.

But it might be the last generation with this money so I hope the top-end brands have contingency plans to downsize later. Or maybe they will have to heavily discount - mmmmm? what do I fancy?
Smove? Oh hang on they ve downsized the furniture but not the price!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

Thought you said a few weeks ago that you were not going this year - fake news then.;)

We were going down the Rhine a couple of weeks ago. I could have put Basia on a flight from Hahn to here and stayed on. Now we have commitments here so even flying to Hahn and getting B+B may not be feasible.

Geoff
Hi Geoff

It looked a few weeks ago like we would not be going, just like it it looked like we were not going to Dusseldorf until I worked on it, it looks like a decent UK turnout this year, I wonder if TW will have somebody there to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ok we are in.. no marathon that weekend so a 1000 mile round trip leaving Sunday Lunch back for work Monday... why not...
That reads like a Marathon Paul, just get the van there in one piece.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Enjoy it Martin I know you always do, do you think you maybe tempted. :)
Hi Carol

I am tempted to go up to Hamburg and see Reimers who are a Phoenix dealer;)(y):LOL:

Martin

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I've just booked the Eurotunnel for this!

Is there any chance for any repair/technical issues to be sorted whilst we are there?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I've just booked the Eurotunnel for this!

Is there any chance for any repair/technical issues to be sorted whilst we are there?
It might depend how long you can stay on after the weekend but I guess there will be no harm in contacting them and asking, I think it is Stefan Ternes that you need to contact stefan.ternes@niesmann-bischoff.com.

See you there(y)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think this must be last year, but we usually park about the same place,

NIESMANN-BISCHOFF-Luftbildaufnahme-Tag-der-offenen-Tür.jpg

Spot our van(y) the factory is obviously in the background.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
For anybody going, @Abacist I have marked the entrance to the field, you need to approach it on Robert Koch Strasse,

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 17.31.59.png

If you want water or dump it is the other side of the factory off August Horch Strasse X marks the spot, it can get busy though.

Martin

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Ok Ferry booked.... Going over Thursday night. Arrive Friday, leaving Monday now so have more time wahoo... No dogs just Nikki and I and a few friends. The MD had better be ready for me.

I've noted your tick on the field Martin and I expect you to be exactly there... !!!!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ok Ferry booked.... Going over Thursday night. Arrive Friday, leaving Monday now so have more time wahoo... No dogs just Nikki and I and a few friends. The MD had better be ready for me.

I've noted your tick on the field Martin and I expect you to be exactly there... !!!!
I was there last year(y) it's only a small field:LOL:

DSC04256.jpg

So this is the MD in the spiky helmet and the lederhosen, and you think you are going to have a sensible conversation:LOL: good luck;)

Martin

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
For anybody going, @Abacist I have marked the entrance to the field, you need to approach it on Robert Koch Strasse,

If you want water or dump it is the other side of the factory off August Horch Strasse X marks the spot, it can get busy though.

Martin

Many thanks Martin - trying to get everything done before we go! Nothing better to focus the mind that an exciting trip abroad in the motorhome. Stefan said that the workshop is fully booked but he will try and have a look whilst we are there.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
just back from a sad weekend sorting Nikki's mum's stuff out.... We were talking on the way back and both looking really forward to this... Martin do you know if it's possible to buy parts whilst there?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
just back from a sad weekend sorting Nikki's mum's stuff out.... We were talking on the way back and both looking really forward to this... Martin do you know if it's possible to buy parts whilst there?
Hi Paul and Nikki

Not easy I know, hopefully the weekend goes some way to lift your spirits.

Usually the parts department is open on for a few hours on Saturday, not sure about Sunday.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
For anybody going to Polch you may be interested to learn that Travelworld are sending one of their sales team to look after us and make sure we get our towels on the seats in the tent before the Germans beat us to it.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back