Time for a Globecar (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I preferred the flush windows when we were looking at them, seem a bit safer and harder to just get a screwdriver in behind and prise off.

A crowbar or large screwdriver will easily open either, and the thief really doesn't give a damn how much damage he causes.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
A quick update guys: we are currently in talks with a dealer about the purchase of a Campscout Revolution but everything is still TBC.

We went to the NEC yesterday and subsequently looked at every PVC at the show only to be massively disappointed by most. The Revolution is definitely in my top two along with the Hymer Yosemite Pop-top which has quite an innovative layout for our style of living (with a big dog).

The one point that was most apparent from chatting with so many sales reps is that the dealers are desperate to get any business possible.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Time to list the pluses and minuses of each
It's all down to how you use the van and you're personal preference now
At least you're down to a choice of two :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks guys, I knew what you all meant including you Paul :D:D:D

We've done a nice thing by adopting our new Rottweiler but by doing so it has made the move to a PVC a bit more challenging.

Nicky and I attended the NEC on Wednesday afternoon for 4-hours (that's time I won't get back (n)) and after inspecting every PVC at the show we concluded that PVCs and large energetic dogs don't mix well - or that's our take on things.

The Revolution seems to be the best of the bunch while the Hymer choice was just an attempt to grasp at straws because of its large rear walkway space - the pop-top is a £3,500 option but Nicky liked it:)

If we didn't have the Rotti then my ideal choice from every PVC at the show would be the Campscout B followed by the IH630RLS (slide-out) but the £92,000 price tag was somewhat off putting.

I have a fantastic offer on the table for a Revolution so we'll have to have a serious think to see if it's right for us.

All the best,

Andrew

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

We've done a nice thing by adopting our new Rottweiler but by doing so it has made the move to a PVC a bit more challenging.

Nicky and I attended the NEC on Wednesday afternoon for 4-hours (that's time I won't get back (n)) and after inspecting every PVC at the show we concluded that PVCs and large energetic dogs don't mix well - or that's our take on things.

The Revolution seems to be the best of the bunch while the Hymer choice was just an attempt to grasp at straws because of its large rear walkway space - the pop-top is a £3,500 option but Nicky liked it:)

If we didn't have the Rotti then my ideal choice from every PVC at the show would be the Campscout B followed by the IH630RLS (slide-out) but the £92,000 price tag was somewhat off putting.

I have a fantastic offer on the table for a Revolution so we'll have to have a serious think to see if it's right for us.

All the best,

Andrew

I would continue to study and refelct Andrew if you feel large dogs and PVC,s dont go together well, which i fully agree with.

We were going to get a PVC but with 2 dogs decided on an A class, even though only 6.5 metres the difference in space is massive, its big decision and requires plenty of thought doesnt it?

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.

All the best,

Andrew
£92 grand :Eeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
upload_2018-10-19_20-6-43.png

I wondered what you were talking about earlier! :D

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-19_20-6-8.png
    upload_2018-10-19_20-6-8.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I would continue to study and refelct Andrew if you feel large dogs and PVC,s dont go together well, which i fully agree with.

We were going to get a PVC but with 2 dogs decided on an A class, even though only 6.5 metres the difference in space is massive, its big decision and requires plenty of thought doesnt it?

It's funny that you should say that Paul as we looked at the smaller Frankia and it was quite well appointed for space.

Food for thought mate.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
£92 grand :Eeek:

The non slide-out model on display was £78K and the slide out option was £14k on top. There were other options available according to the young sales girl which would take the price to circa 100K.

That said, it seems that IH is having problems in getting its hands on the Fiat base vehicles to build it's range of vehicles in the first instance, hence the reason why they could not build an RLS for the show.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morning all,

Can some kind Funster tell me what awning/drive away awning they use for their Campscout Revolution please (incl costs if possible).

(y)

Andrew

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew I bought one of these brilliant awning but to much for me to erect we used it only once.
The reason to much for me is age almost 69 and multiple operations to shoulders and elbow.
If your interested I’d sell it half price, there’s plenty of room for your Rotty.

https://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/gb/Kampa-Travel-Pod-Maxi-AIR-Driveaway-Awning-2017/m-16661.aspx

John.

Thanks John, you're a real gent(y)

If the F45 wind-out awning on the Revolution is about 283cm from the ground then how would I go about fitting that awning to the van - it's all a bit new to me as we've never considered a live-in awning before.

I've checked out a fee pics of the van and I can't see a gutter rail or equivalent; just the awning lip.

Cheers John,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
You would need this Andrew under £25 on EBay.

Click to view larger image and other views

Thanks John, I've just read about that bit of kit but I still have a ficko question for you.

If the standard travel pod maxi awning in your link requires a rail height of 190-230cm then how do I attach that to the F45 which stands at circa 285cm high.

Would I not need the tall version which covers heights up to 290cm

Sorry for the questions;)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Yes the tall version which I have, I also have electric 12 volt pump which was an extra £50 to buy and used only once.

John.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Any further forward with a decision Andrew, we were 3 years without a van due to thinking and researching, whatever you choose you always think is it the right decision, really difficult isn't it,

Yep, it's bl@@dy difficult Paul. I'm a bit sick of it TBH with you.

I phoned the salesman today and I'm awaiting an email back tomorrow with the weight upgrade options.

Funny enough though, Nicky and I were chatting about it again yesterday and we reminded ourselves that a PVC was the main aim.

A flat in Spain would be much easier, lol:D

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Any further forward with a decision Andrew, we were 3 years without a van due to thinking and researching, whatever you choose you always think is it the right decision, really difficult isn't it,

Yep, it's bl@@dy difficult Paul. I'm a bit sick of it TBH with you.

I phoned the salesman today and I'm awaiting an email back tomorrow with the weight upgrade options.

Funny enough though, Nicky and I were chatting about it again yesterday and we reminded ourselves that a PVC was the main aim.

A flat in Spain would be much easier, lol:D

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Is it the Revolution you’re thinking of Andrew? I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Is it the Revolution you’re thinking of Andrew? I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

Yes, the Revolution seems to be the best PVC to help accommodate a large dog. We looked at every brand of van at the NEC and it stood out from the crowd. The extra height will be good for me too.

I also quite like the fact that we could use it to move lots of gear, i.e. just like a transit.

We'll see how the chats unfold today:)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Remember the revolution has quite a curve in at the side due to the extra height so be careful what awning you choose.
If it has the Fiamma f65 canopy on the roof the curved side is more of an issue. If you go for an F45 wall mounted awning it will mean drilling holes into the side of the van but the awning height will be lower and the curve less. Pros and cons!

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Remember the revolution has quite a curve in at the side due to the extra height so be careful what awning you choose.
If it has the Fiamma f65 canopy on the roof the curved side is more of an issue. If you go for an F45 wall mounted awning it will mean drilling holes into the side of the van but the awning height will be lower and the curve less. Pros and cons!

That's a very useful bit of info - a big (y) for that.

Too date I have only ever specified 'Awning' in the desired kit list to the dealer so what would you recomend I opt for, assuming that the dealer allows for options.

I did note at the NEC last week that Globecar were doing the Freedom Pack which included the F65 but I can remember if this applied to the Revolution model.

20181017_152932.jpg

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
We got the freedom pack thrown in and the solar panel up graded to a 120w on our revolution . I think it is permanently 1/2 price! our van is a similar spec to that and has the 2nd rear bed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back