Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
@Blue Knight Have you seen inside a Globecar with the elegance upgrade, you get white/ cream doors and flush fit windows not like the caravan balloon type windows, and it looks a lot brighter inside.
When we were after our Globecar SMC had some great end of year offers but Pat wanted the elegance upgrade and so we had to pay the going price for ordering what she wanted, and in the end we were both really pleased with what we got.

John.

Hi John, yes, there was a small van there with white cupboards and it certainly brightened things up considerably as per your original advice.

I'm going to put the Summit 640 back on the cards too as I think that may still be a good option.

SMC had a range of Autosleepers in stock and we liked the Warwick XL but the lack of external storage and the small freshwater tanks made it unthinkable as an off-grid vehicle.

Thanks John,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hey @Blue Knight have a look at HymerCar and Maybe Carrado.

We used to have a GlobeScout and loved it but this time round we thought it looked a bit old fashioned for our liking and ended up buying a HymerCar instead:)

Mind you, we ‘downsized’ from 6m to 5.4m haha........ but we wanted the transverse double bed so OK for us(y)

Either way, do give PVC’s a serious look at, they are much under rated:D

I like your take on things (y)

It is nice to have a comparison of the vans. Incidentally the dealer did say that Globecar hasn't really changed its furniture schemes in the last 7 or 8 years so they agreed that the range could do with a refresh.

That said, the Germans love them as they are hence the reason why they don't change the internal decor for the overseas market (apparently!).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We went for the light oak wood option in our Globecar Summit 600 Plus - photo from web of that wood colour option & certainly looks modern with the cream cupboard doors & plain brown & cream upholstery but can post our own photos once we have a chance - only just got it home & off for inspection today!

Summit640-bad2.jpg

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We went for the light oak wood option in our Globecar Summit 600 Plus - photo from web of that wood colour option & certainly looks modern with the cream cupboard doors & plain brown & cream upholstery but can post our own photos once we have a chance - only just got it home & off for inspection today!

Summit640-bad2.jpg

That does it for me @Wombles

It ticks all of my boxes in term of layout and colours etc, very refreshing.

You were the one that first drew me towards the Summit 640 so if you get a chance to post-up a few more pics then I would appreciate it very much.

Where did you buy it from.

All the best,

Andrew

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Andrew, I was told there are none due in U.K. other than orders but do a weekly search online just incase. Have you got the full Globecar brochure. That will help you decide if you want a 600 or 640.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
That does it for me @Wombles

It ticks all of my boxes in term of layout and colours etc, very refreshing.

You were the one that first drew me towards the Summit 640 so if you get a chance to post-up a few more pics then I would appreciate it very much.

Where did you buy it from.

All the best,

Andrew
Glad our info. helped & will post more info. & photos in the next week but currently a bit worn out as only just back from Germany & now sorting importing paperwork & catching up at home. Will PM you in case you have any urgent queries that we can help with in the meantime.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Andrew, when we were buying our Concorde, the dealer had a 640 DK in stock, now that was a cracking layout, separate shower on the opposite side from the toilet, large fridge freezer, rear transverse double.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Andrew, when we were buying our Concorde, the dealer had a 640 DK in stock, now that was a cracking layout, separate shower on the opposite side from the toilet, large fridge freezer, rear transverse double.

That seems to be a good choice too Paul. I have Youtube'd it and it looks like a very usable van - and quite cool looking too.

I'll be interested to jump between vans at the SMC to see what's what. Not long now :D

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Glad our info. helped & will post more info. & photos in the next week but currently a bit worn out as only just back from Germany & now sorting importing paperwork & catching up at home. Will PM you in case you have any urgent queries that we can help with in the meantime.

You're a real star:cool:

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Andrew, I was told there are none due in U.K. other than orders but do a weekly search online just incase. Have you got the full Globecar brochure. That will help you decide if you want a 600 or 640.

Many thanks @Grianan, I've got the brochure but as you and the dealer have mentioned I would need to order it blind as there's not likely to be any at the NEC.

The dealer also mentioned that only a handful were brought to the UK last so they are certainly rare by comparison to the other models.

Having @Wombles with a new 600 will be very useful as a reference point.

Thanks again,

Andrew

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
@Blue Knight ,We were going to Preston to look at that one at Signature so Tina rang them and it has been sold :rolleyes:
to people from Cornwall.So we will wait now for the NEC show and see whats on offer.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
@Blue Knight ,We were going to Preston to look at that one at Signature so Tina rang them and it has been sold :rolleyes:
to people from Cornwall.So we will wait now for the NEC show and see whats on offer.

Something smells very fishy Mike. I phone on Saturday morning where I'm told that they can't get it to the showroom until at least Monday and by Tuesday latest it is already gone.

Perhaps this thread has gone viral and people are now clambering over themselves to get a Campscout.

I think we are better off waiting to see what is on offer at the show.

I still haven't discounted the Pilote V630 and I also want to see the Mototrek and Wildax models because I know nothing about them.

The Hymer models are dull and overpriced while the British vans are appalling in terms of finish and quality.

Did I tell you about my recent trip to Brownhills whereby I inspected a Swift model and on leaving I closed the door and the main side window dropped out - a new van too.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
As a previous Moto-Trek owner I would issue a word of caution when dealing with this company. Whilst the final product has served us well the buying process was a nightmare - and I know others on here found the same . https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...warning-for-any-prospective-purchasers.91726/

I've not seen that before so many thanks for posting it up (y) - Very distressing for those involved. I've just read the first and the last posts of the thread and I've got to admit that it sounds like a muddled-up company to deal with.

We are keen to look at a few things while at the NEC but our main focus is on the Globecar and Pilote range for now.

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Team, does anyone have a Campscout B by any chance. They seem to be completely different beasts to the Campscout.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Team, does anyone have a Campscout B by any chance. They seem to be completely different beasts to the Campscout.
Nope but I have seen one in the flesh ... IMV the washroom is quite compromised due to trying to put the shower and toilet in together, and what really suffers in the front seating area especially with a very narrow dining table.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think that's what Rex and Jan (@ludo ) have got.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We went for quite a few options on our campscout . Definitely recommend going for the 150hp engine upgrade, also running lights.
Totally agree ref the engine, the one in our new Campscout is even better than the 2015 one! As for the running lights ... is that the extra set of LED lights you get along the bottom of the front headlights? If so as you get DRLs as standard nowadays (ie an extra light within the headlight unit) are the running lights just 'bling' rather than a necessity?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Glad your having a good time @Minxy Girl in your Campscout, our tambour door doesn’t touch the toilet when we close the door even when it’s swivelled to the front.

John.
We have the 2nd one below shown below - which have you got? This one:

5.jpg

Or this one:

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Nope but I have seen one in the flesh ... IMV the washroom is quite compromised due to trying to put the shower and toilet in together, and what really suffers in the front seating area especially with a very narrow dining table.

It looks from the brochure pic as if the toilet retracts into the wall. The problem with the photographs is that everything looks nice and spacious, that is, until you sit on the lav for the first time and realise that your knees are in your face:D

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Totally agree ref the engine, the one in our new Campscout is even better than the 2015 one! As for the running lights ... is that the extra set of LED lights you get along the bottom of the front headlights? If so as you get DRLs as standard nowadays (ie an extra light within the headlight unit) are the running lights just 'bling' rather than a necessity?

It looks as if some vans don't come with the LED 'hocky stick' DRLs these days (like my current Pilote) and instead you get the basic single light units. I think you have to be quite precise in the ordering of the DRLs for new vans Mel.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It looks as if some vans don't come with the LED 'hocky stick' DRLs these days (like my current Pilote) and instead you get the basic single light units. I think you have to be quite precise in the ordering of the DRLs for new vans Mel.
We have just the basic single DRL light on each side and find that ours are fine for the purpose so wouldn't waste money on the 'hockey stick' bling ones ... I'm sure I could find something more useful to spend the dosh on ... like a long neck kitchen tap that I put in our Campscout and which is much better in my view than the silly low one that comes as standard.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We have just the basic single DRL light on each side and find that ours are fine for the purpose so wouldn't waste money on the 'hockey stick' bling ones ... I'm sure I could find something more useful to spend the dosh on ... like a long neck kitchen tap that I put in our Campscout and which is much better in my view than the silly low one that comes as standard.

That sounds like a great idea Mel.

I even had the thought today about buying the Campscout Revolution and converting the rear under bed area into a sofa. Nicky and I could then open the doors and look from our comfy sofa over the hills beyond.:cool:

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
We have a friend who is a sound engineer
Who has his mixing decks and chair etc set up under the bed
Don't think you would have the space for a sofa though

Jun 19, 2018
Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1999
We have the 2nd one below shown below - which have you got? This one:

5.jpg

Or this one:
We have the second one and it has marked the door, hadn't realised until in bedroom area with door over the gap and saw the marked line. Annoying and a few mm would have been clear. Still there is no mark showing when the door is closed.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Minxys right I gave ours a proper check today and the door does touch the toilet, I was sure as ours didn’t but I’m wrong.

John.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
No Andrew not my video. If you do go for the Pilote, try and get a deal done to have the rear side windows fitted, they certainly make the inside lighter and you can lie in bed looking out. They also look good on the outside. Had mine fitted when the van was made.
Terry.

Hi Terry @pops, what do you think of the Pilote's build quality. We are really chuffed with our Pilote coachbuilt but I'm interested to see if Pilote has successfully transferred it's quality levels to the PVC range.

All the best,

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back