Swift Select PVC - Fridge problem (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We bought our Swift Select 144 last December and already have over 10,000 miles on it, touring Spain and France.

It has proved faultless except for one problem.

The Dometic fridge refused to light on gas four weeks ago. That was OK as we were on our way home. Then it stopped working on all three power supplies. A check of fuses showed that the 7.5amp fuse, protecting the fridge and control panel, had blown.

Replacing the fuse restored functions on all but gas with the control panel showing “Fridge Error” codes, 5, 12, and 50.

The next day all failed again. This time resetting the control panel was all that was required but the “Fridge Error” codes remained and it still would not work on gas.

Taking the m/h to an independent workshop we have used for thirty years provoked the following conversation.....

I see you have changed your motorhome.

Yes. Do you still deal with Swift Warranty Claims?

Yes, is it the Fridge? We have had two identical units with a Fridge problem already.

Worrying, especially as they told us that there is currently a dispute between Swift, Dometic and Sargent as to who is responsible for the fault on a new model m/h.

Ours will be going in for repair after our next trip on 1/10/18.

I will report the outcome.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
June 2017
We had a problem with the gas function at Shepton Mallet. The on-site engineer got it working but couldn’t say why. Subsequently we had problems with it on electric. Each time a fiddle with the wires proved a temporary fix. Took the van in to get it sorted. Hopefully everything is okay but time will tell.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We had a problem with the gas function at Shepton Mallet. The on-site engineer got it working but couldn’t say why. Subsequently we had problems with it on electric. Each time a fiddle with the wires proved a temporary fix. Took the van in to get it sorted. Hopefully everything is okay but time will tell.
It seems very similar to how our problem started.

Suggest you contact a Swift Dealer for advice.

If it is caused by the software problem it’s an easy fix for a Swift Dealer.

We normally use a local Approved Workshop for our routine servicing and/or warranty work but they couldn’t deal with it. Our supplying Swift Dealer corrected it within 15 minutes.

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You forgot, didn't you. :LOL:

No, I didn’t forget!:eek:

But I did post the outcome in a new thread “Do you have a 2018 Swift”.

Obviously caused confusion though as it was not in the original thread!:(

I can confirm that, after the software patch, the Fridge appears to be working properly again.

PS
But well spotted @pappajohn , my apologies for the confusing switch of post.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back