power loss on moving off in Fiat Ducato 2.3L 2011 (1 Viewer)

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
When moving off sometimes the power cuts off and pressing the accelator further has no response....solution is to depress clutch and pump the accelator a little...engine responds and move off normally...no warning lights showing.....only happens when pulling off.....anyone had this problem?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Could this be something to do with the brake pedal being touched, which cuts out the throttle, i.e. if you "left foot" the brake and try to accelerate? There was a thread a few weeks ago which I think turned out to be the driver catching the brake pedal wearing, ahem, oversized boots.
At the time I thought it might have something to do with a sticky sensor/switch? Operating the clutch maybe "nudging" the switch, or maybe just giving it time to clear itself.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As Terry says, there was something about this recently.
Some companies had issues with van drivers and big feet / boots touching 2 pedals at once.

Only a guess..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
When moving off sometimes the power cuts off and pressing the accelator further has no response....solution is to depress clutch and pump the accelator a little...engine responds and move off normally...no warning lights showing.....only happens when pulling off.....anyone had this problem?

I have had the same problem but only very occasionally, maybe 3 times in the 2 & half years that we have had the van, clears itself quickly but not clear exactly what I have done to clear it.

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Many thanks for the responses...this problem seems to have disappeared...it may have been 'big feet' syndrome (hubby has big feet) but whatever it was it's not happening any more...at the moment :D just as well..we're off again just after the BH down to La Rioja but only for a short 5 weeks :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back