• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Autosleeper Executive SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
For sale is our very tidy Autosleeper Executive on the Peugeot Boxer chassis with the 2.5litre turbo diesel engine which is very economical indeed.

These are monocoque motorhomes & have the habitation area built in one piece so no seams to leak & she is bone dry.
These vehicles are beautifully built.
Autosleeper themselves say that it is too expensive to build motorhomes this way nowadays.
The designer was the man who penned Aston Martins so he knows his onions.

This one is the 2+2 berth, so sleeps two adults & two children. Not all Executives have the extra bed above the cab & this bed can be folded away when not required. The main beds can be opened out to two separate singles or can join together to form a massive king sized bed. I'm 6ft 2in & my wife is 5ft 11in & we find the bed very comfortable indeed.

We are non smokers, so no unpleasant smells.

There are onboard water & waste tanks, blown air heating, oven & hob, hot & cold water which can be heated by gas or site mains electricity, the earlier models couldn't use site mains for heating water or the saloon, a toilet cubicle with toilet, sink & shower. In the kitchen there is a sink, draining tray & hardwood chopping board.

She has a Dometic 3 way fridge freezer.
There are two sizes of tables which can be used together if required.
There are plenty of lights & the reading lamps have all been upgraded to very good quality LEDs, some of the cheap Chinese LEDs are horrendous.
There is a nearly full cylinder of LPG & I'll throw in an Avtex digital TV/DVD combo.
Also included are two sets of Thule ramps which are still in they're original storage bags.

There are curtains blinds & fly screens throughout.
The drivers & passengers seats have armrests on both sides. I bought a proper crash tested swivel seat base for the passengers seat which I haven't got round to fitting, its still in the box & included in the sale.
Factory fit stainless steel rear ladder with full stainless roof rack.
Also factory fit aerial with signal booster.
She is carpeted throughout & is very cosy if the weather is cold outside.

She was fitted with four new tyres this year & is MOT'd until 29th April 2019.
The oil & filters have just been changed & there is an impressive service history going right back to when she was new!

This vehicle drives really well & benefits from a five speed gearbox, so cruising is very relaxed & she always has plenty of power in reserve.
She is fitted with a towbar & corner steadies at the rear.
There is also a factory fitted Fiamma wind out awning which we've never used.

She is in exceptional condition but is far from being new so there are a few blemishes commensurate with age.
The bonnet has some marks on it, we don't know what happened to cause the marks, but the local Chips Away guy says it'd cost about £100 to do a guaranteed respray of the bonnet. Alternatively a personalised bonnet emblem could easily cover it up.
The side windows have the standard Autosleeper cracks so could do with new EECO windows & if it were I doing this I'd add a nice deep tint as it doesn't cost much to do.
The windows don't leak though.
There is no rust whatsoever, in fact she's in remarkable condition.
The bolt in front crossmember has been replaced with a new one, this is a common rust spot so you'd have no worries there.
Electric hook up cable included, so you've got all you need to pack your things in & take off into the wide blue yonder.

The headlamp bulbs have been uprated with fully legal Osram brighter bulbs & she has remote central locking.
These vehicles are very light & easy to drive, she can be driven by anyone with a full UK license.
The cab has a Sony radio with CD player. She has only 71k on the clock which may go up as I'm still using the vehicle.

Any test or examination is very welcome.

I always loved & admired the shape, style of these vehicles & always wanted one, but we're only selling due to @Mrsambulancekidd being very ill last year, so when we go away we need more space for disability equipment & her mobility scooter etc.

We are located in a village just south of Ayr & we'd be only too happy to pick you up from the train station, airport (Edinburgh, Glasgow or Glasgow Prestwick is the closest) or bus garage if required.

The photo's were taken outside our stately looking castle which will be lovely when we can afford a roof & is a seriously good wilding spot, so for a small fee I'll tell you where it is. :whistle:

Length 18ft 10inches

Width 7ft 2inches

Height 9ft 2inches

MPTLM 3300 KGS

Payload 551 KGS

External Options

GRP sidewalls, Awning light

Kitchen Equipment

Dometic Fridge, 4-burner gas hob, Oven, Separate grill

Washroom

Thetford C-402 bench toilet, Shower curtain

Heating

Truma Electric/Gas Blown air heater, Truma Electric/Gas water heater

It takes around an hour to get here from Glasgow.

I'm looking for £14500 ono

Phone 07846901539

I'll add anything else that I can remember & edit the ad if I spot any mistakes lol.
Ad 36.jpg

Ad 15.jpg

Aa   Autosleeper 1.jpg

Ad 3.jpg

Ad 16.jpg

Ad 30.jpg

Ad 29.jpg

auto sleeper 6.jpg

Executive 15.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
That's a nice van and a very good price good luck with the sale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Nice quality vans, like you say, one piece Monocoque build so will last forever.

Are you buying something else when it's sold?

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I owned that van for the 1st 8 years of its life, never let me down. It did have a Cat1 alarm system on it when it was sold by us. You didnt mention the external storage box which wasnt a standard fit on Executives

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I owned that van for the 1st 8 years of its life, never let me down. It did have a Cat1 alarm system on it when it was sold by us. You didnt mention the external storage box which wasnt a standard fit on Executives
Wow...small world. I didn't know about the non-standard storage...thank you for pointing it out. She is a lovely wee motorhome, I drove her home from Southampton and she drove perfectly, she does have a good engine in her.
She does still have the alarm system and again that works perfectly....I assume it's the same one.
It really is a shame to be parting with her.:unsure:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I really like these monocoque vans. Shame they no longer make them - such a good idea. If I were in the market I would be banging your door down!

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Put it on the Autosleepers Owners Forum if its not sold.

When we traded it in we handed stuff over to the sales guy, went for a coffee and as we went to say goodbye to it the van had just been sold how about that for a speedy sale

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Put it on the Autosleepers Owners Forum if its not sold.

When we traded it in we handed stuff over to the sales guy, went for a coffee and as we went to say goodbye to it the van had just been sold how about that for a speedy sale
Wow that is amazing......I will look into that, thank you again.(y)

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Lovely van, same as mine but I'm not getting rid of it totally waterproof .hope it sells easy and goes to good home

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We had a autosleeper legend as our first van bought it out of layby fab van.
Good luck with the sale.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I think the sofas may pull out further if required giving 3ft wide single beds.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
I think the sofas may pull out further if required giving 3ft wide single beds.

Yes they do move out to form extra large singles or if your the type of skinny person who needs to run around in the shower to get wet (who me jealous?) then you can leave the bed as it is.
Either way its a very comfy place to sleep. (y)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I’m amazed this hasn’t gone yet, such a great van....
Yes so are we, she is on Fleabay now and will be sold by the weekend.
A lady came down from the Highlands and decided that she was too big for her, we have had people who can't afford her & are chancing it......totally sick of timewasters and 3 scammers.
She drives so well, I have towed our horse trailer with her, no problem at all. Speaking of which I had plenty of chancers when we sold that as well…...you know, the sucking in a breath with the shake of the head....'you won't get that price' or 'it's not worth as much as that to my grand children'...…:whistle: Guess what, I sold her for the asking price.(y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
With nearly 3 days to go the bids are looking good with many bidders, I think you’ll get your money.

Good luck(y)

Have you another in mind yet..?

Ps, 1 more watcher:D2

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
With nearly 3 days to go the bids are looking good with many bidders, I think you’ll get your money.

Good luck(y)

Have you another in mind yet..?

Ps, 1 more watcher:D2

We've got a notion for an Autotrail Scout or similar as it'd be perfect for holidays with our daughter & grand daughter.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Good luck with your sale folks
,I like these vans still a good for lots of miles and well built .
Was up you way last week ,had a slight mishap with ours , blowout and monorailed the central crash barrier briefly . Had to finish visit by car .
So a waiting game with insurance ,but will keep my eye on it .on fleabay.(y)

Last edited:

Deleted User
I see that you are prepared to accept payment by PayPal but be careful there are some very clever PayPal scams going around. In any case will you not get hit with PayPal charges.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Good luck with your sale folks
,I like these vans still a good for lots of miles and well built .
Was up you way last week ,had a slight mishap with ours , blowout and monorailed the central crash barrier briefly . Had to finish visit by car .
So a waiting game with insurance ,but will keep my eye on it .on fleabay.(y)
Not a good trip for you then, I really hope the insurance sort everything out properly & swiftly for you.
I see that you are prepared to accept payment by PayPal but be careful there are some very clever PayPal scams going around. In any case will you not get hit with PayPal charges.
Yes I know, you do have much more protection when you use paypal through Fleabay.
The last time I moved money from paypal into our bank account we were not charged and in any case the bulk of it can sit there anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back