Rally Chat Bluebell Line Railway. Possible 2019 rally (1 Viewer)

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Yes please. Sounds like a great weekend. Please let us know when you have more details. Many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We're Interested. Thank you for organising.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've just spoken to a pal who keeps 2 vintage tractors at the Bluebell Horsted Keynes station. Apparently for H&S reasons (mainly shortage of supervising staff) the engine sheds were closed to the public but from Late August this year (needs a check with them on progress X) they will re-open to the public with improvements from a Lottery Fund Grant.
This is on their website: https://www.bluebell-railway.com/whats_on/today-at-the-railway/

X I suppose if I really had to I could take my vintage m/bike out through the lanes and have a look myself. After all, someone has to do it ;)

Bluebell improvements.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi Peter, just seen the thread as we are in Austria .We would be very interested in this rally so keeping our fingers crossed the dates will be ok. :clap:
:drinks:
MicknMew

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you to everybody who has shown an interest in this possible rally. I can safely say that there seems to be a popular demand for it! The proposed field is large, but it has many areas where the slopes are just too steep to get level in a motorhome, which is why I think I need to limit the numbers involved.

I still have a lot of things to finalise with the venue, not least of which is a suitable date. I can't do that until I know the dates for the various popular motorhome shows next year, as I do not want to clash with them. And we are now busy/away until the end of August, so cannot take things much further until then.

I have made a note of everybody who has expressed an interest in this and will add any others who show an interest in the future. I will then PM/conversation you all when I am in a position to formally announce it as a rally with confirmed dates and costs. So please keep an eye out for alerts of a new conversation in the autumn/early winter. I will require a deposit to be paid when booking to go on the actual list.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi ,forgot to mention, so glad there's a waitrose nearby , us common Autotrail owners use them as well :giggler: :giggler: :giggler:.
Mew

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Us Scousers have been known to shop on Waitrose you know, when nothing else is available and if course in disguise :LOL:

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Us Scousers have been known to shop on Waitrose you know, when nothing else is available and if course in disguise :LOL:
And remember Helen, you also have to put your posh southern accent on otherwise they won't serve you at the checkout ..................... :D2

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Yes generally, but not for you and Mick because you are already covered by the landed gentry exception .............................................. :D2
Oh that's good Peter, (y) didn't know that, so that means we are welcome anywhere :clap:.
Thanks and :drinks: for that bit of info, see you's at the Waitrose checkout then.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
No you won't see us there. We shop where all the posh southerners do ............................. Lidl and Aldi. (y):D2 Oh and M&S at about 2pm when they start reducing stuff. :D2
So that's how you's have got loads of cash, have to shop at Aldi and Lidl more often.already shop at M&S after 2.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Catherine, they say that they accept well behaved dogs on a lead, so Nelson should be OK. However they charge £2 for them, unless they are Assistance Dogs. Do you think John could claim that Nelson assists him to the motorhome when he has had a few? :D2

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Sandra and I would be interested to attend.

ps: Can I drive a train? ;):D

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Catherine, they say that they accept well behaved dogs on a lead, so Nelson should be OK. However they charge £2 for them, unless they are Assistance Dogs. Do you think John could claim that Nelson assists him to the motorhome when he has had a few? :D2
Absolutely....hes a guide dog and police dog rolled into one. :D2
Thanks for the info. We are definitely up for this as long as Johns daughter doesnt spring a wedding on us :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back