Rally Cider Skittle Rally, Weston S Mare, 10-17th July 2018 (Any Nts. Inbetween) (1 Viewer)

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
Brilliant few days, and who would have believed it that we are skittles champions :LOL:. A big thank you to Derek and Mary, and Malcolm and Teresa for such a warm welcome and making this a nice relaxing fun rally. See you all soon.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Brilliant few days, and who would have believed it that we are skittles champions :LOL:. A big thank you to Derek and Mary, and Malcolm and Teresa for such a warm welcome and making this a nice relaxing fun rally. See you all soon.[/QUOTE
Here here - great rally with lovely hosts:Dx

Pete-Jay-Sophie

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
We are on route to Weston could we stay for just 1 night? Will arrive about 7pm ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Of course you can come. The more the merrier.

Kindest Regards

Derek aka Emmitdb

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Skittles takes on many and varied forms.
Tonight, we introduced the Funsters to the Cornish variant.

I think a good time was had by all.
Note. Very few skittles were hurt in the enjoyment of this game but some became very scared as a lump of wood flew through the air near them.
Let the Fun begin;
IMG_20180714_193533.jpg
IMG_20180714_193623.jpg
IMG_20180714_193628.jpg
IMG_20180714_193745.jpg

The winners, after a keenly fought contest were Gary and Janet @garjanco

Pete-Jay-Sophie

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
Thankyou for letting us pitch up overnight xx we are now all set up for a beach day at Weston xxx lovely company ❤️

Attachments

• 5BBA0686-E839-4571-AE0B-D0643C3CB0FA.jpeg
    5BBA0686-E839-4571-AE0B-D0643C3CB0FA.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 21

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, we had a long trip home - all of 25 miles! We had a brilliant long weekend, and if Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Teresa are brave enough to do the meet again next year, we will definitely put our names down.

I thought the prize was ours at Cornish Skittles yesterday, but we were pipped at the post by @garjanco Gary and Janet, who could both throw a big lump of wood with slightly more accuracy than us when it counted most! @Mousy we felt we should be shouting 'Mollky' as we threw the wood, but we didn't, as we didn't know the Cornish for 'Mollky', which is probably why we ultimately lost....

We took Simon @dabhand to Backwell to buy a ukulele at the best ukulele shop bar none, and he bought a beauty - I've told him if he wants lessons, I am always willing to share my expertise .... :rofl:

We met new Funsters @Ken Kojak Ann and Ken, (and hopefully didn't put them off of going to another MHF meet...) caught up with Funster mates, @canopus - I can report that Lynda will be dancing very soon on her two new hips! Ken served up some tasty cheese, but I have already forgotten what the blue striped one was called - it had a very rude name, so I am reluctant to go to the cheese counter at Waitrose and ask for what I thought it was called... He'll be along shortly to tell me and us what it was - and I have to say - it was very good.

So to conclude, thanks to all for a brilliant weekend, all the best for tomorrow and the next few months Dave @toledo - it was lovely to see you both there in your lovely van, and we hope you get your spare wheel extracted from your rear locker.... ;) if anyone can do it - Terry can.....

Looking forward to eating Plums at Pershore with all those lucky enough to get onto the list! (y)[/USER]

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Hi
Thanks everyone for agood weekend very enjoyable all well that ends well as Gary found the lock outside the gate with the lemonade
Polly and Dave

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Very relaxing week, great weather, handy pub, nice to meet new people and catch up with old friends, thanks to Ken for ferrying me about to get a “thingy” and Ken and Cliff as well, for actually getting them, and thanks to Ger for our interludes on the Ukes, nice for Dave and Polly to be out and about again, tried to say ta ra to most, if I missed you, then ta ra, and thanks for your efforts Derek and Mary @emmitdb and Malcolm and Teresa @Damelza see you all soon Simon & Marg

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for a great couple of days and for being so welcoming.
Jan and Bob

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Very relaxing week, great weather, handy pub, nice to meet new people and catch up with old friends, thanks to Ken for ferrying me about to get a “thingy” and Ken and Cliff as well, for actually getting them, and thanks to Ger for our interludes on the Ukes, nice for Dave and Polly to be out and about again, tried to say ta ra to most, if I missed you, then ta ra, and thanks for your efforts Derek and Mary @emmitdb and Malcolm and Teresa @Damelza see you all soon Simon & Marg

But who was it that found “the thingy” in the drawer on the floor? (As a trainee Buddhist I’m waiting for the Bad Karma to hit the fan ....) ;)
But I’m hoping Halfords won’t miss a female bullet connector and I promise to put a quid in their collection tin the next time I’m in - and we beat @canopus Ken back with the part!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Quiet evening last night here at Ebdon Bow. Watched the French win the World Cup then quaffed a couple of bottles of 'Le Vielle Ferme' whilst listening to some funk on da beat box.

Just ate cheese, Blacksticks Blue & Strawberry & Cream Stilton plus biscuits at tea time, as the 'belly buster' breakfast we ate mid morning, cooked very ably by Clifton & Ger @cliffandger, will last us till Pershore.

Thanks Simon & Marg @dabhand for the bottle of Tawny, should go very nicely with the Mango & Ginger Wensleydale.

We will be dining at Pierre Bistrot ce soir in WSM.

Thanks to Derek and Mary @emmitdb and Malcolm and Teresa @Damelza for a very pleasant and chilled out week. Loved the daily magnums. (y)

Last edited:

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Just got back home from Weston.
A really good week was had.
It was very well organised, a warm welcome given and the site was perfect.
But beware, there are twists and turns to the quizzes and Cornish skittles is a hoot.
Many thanks to Derek, Mary and their more than able co-conspiriters Malcom and Theresa

Geoff and Therese

@emmitdb @Demelza

Shade

Free Member
Apr 23, 2017
Walsall
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks to Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Theresa for a lovely week, we really enjoyed it, and thank you for ordering such lovely weather to go with it.
She and Ade

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Arrived in Telford on our way home from Cider and Skittles and what can we say other than well done Derek and Mary @emmitdb and Malcolm and Teresa @Damelza what a fantastic meet.
Nice field great company some fun and games and a nice chilled out atmosphere, not to mention a pub 5 minutes away.
We have had a great time meeting funsters old and new. The afternoon ice creams were a bonus and delivered to your pitch with a smile and then to top it all off we go and win the cornish skittles and the red wine prize went down very well thank you very much
Well done guys on a great chilled out meet
Gary, Janet and Ruby dog

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Big thank you to Derek, Mary, Malcolm & Teresa. Had a great tIme and made new friends as we always do at MHF rallies.Look forward to our next meet (hope they do ice lollies and Calippo's ((for me!!!)) ). Xxx Chris, Tracy & Izzy woof woof!!! Xxx

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Many thanks too from us to Mary and Derek aka @emmitdb and Teresa and Malcolm aka @Damelza. Being welcomed with an ice cream was wonderful. Really loved the skittles and the 'bingo'. Good bus service into town and superb weather. What more could anyone ask for.

Thank you all.

Hilary and Robin

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
THE LAST WORD ON THIS RALLY

I'm here reporting on the washup following this rally.

Although we didn't have a Charity Raffle or Booksale with it being such a small rally in numbers, I am delighted to inform you all that, as a result of various Funsters leaving early and as a result of the generosity of the owners David and Sandra Redman who didn't charge us a Pitch fee for those early leavers, we were left with some money. This money was swelled by what was left of our 'Slush Fund' that was used to pay for the Hire of the Hall and purchase of Cider.etc.

All in all, a cheque was sent off to Prostate Cancer UK in the sum of £114.00. (See Below)

In addition, I can inform all attending Funsters that you put £84 in the Till for the purchase of Ice Creams and Lollies. Sandra was delighted that you took her up on these purchases (And who wouldn't with Magnums at a £1 each). You probably know that all the profit she makes on these sales go towards her Charity of British Heart Foundation.
Well done everyone and Thank you.

Charity Ebdon Bow £114.jpg

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Derek. We had a great time now it is my time fior the needle in the hip. To all the friends that i have made i love you all.
Chris. Xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back