Free Member
Apr 19, 2018
South Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Two Tours around New Zealand
We are about to take delivery of our first motorhome, a Chausson 630. The grey water outlet is just behind the RHS rear wheel and looks to be 40mm. Does anyone know if that correct?

I'm thinking of finding something which will push fit into it in case it is easier to drain the tank via a flexible pipe when access to a drive over drain is difficult.

We had a couple of hired MHs in NewZealand - both came with a flexi extension.

Anyone had experience of the outlet grounding on speed bumps - I'm assuming not as it is quite close the the rear of the tyre.

thanks
sdg.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Is there not one supplied?
Our Burstner has one that clips onto the back wall of the MH. In the garage.

If not, a length of convoluted hose that pushes OVER the outlet, so that there is no restriction in the flow, will do the job something like this...

Edit our outlet is about 6" off the ground directly behind the rear wheel and we have never hit it.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Normally it's 40mm rigid pipe and if you want to continue with rigid then VDL fittings will be fine although the flexible will work fine, either push fit or solvent weld.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
If you buy an extension, try and ensure it’s smooth bored as corrugated can hold smelly grey water, which you might not wish to carry round unless it’s rinsed first.

OP
OP
Steve and Gill

Steve and Gill

Free Member
Apr 19, 2018
South Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Is there not one supplied?
Our Burstner has one that clips onto the back wall of the MH. In the garage.

If not, a length of convoluted hose that pushes OVER the outlet, so that there is no restriction in the flow, will do the job something like this...

Edit our outlet is about 6" off the ground directly behind the rear wheel and we have never hit it.[/QUOTE

Nothing supplied as far as I know, but it does not look difficult to source and make something up. Thanks for the link.

sdg.

OP
OP
Steve and Gill

Steve and Gill

Free Member
Apr 19, 2018
South Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
If you buy an extension, try and ensure it’s smooth bored as corrugated can hold smelly grey water, which you might not wish to carry round unless it’s rinsed first.

Thanks, I have an idea of using a couple of 1 m lengths of smooth rigid and a couple of push fit flexi sections to make something which will pack up small and be easy to rinse through.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Didn,t see anything like that when we had a look around, and the other accessories are all in place.

Possibly a Chausson cost reducing measure?

Might just be a Hymer thing.

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
We just got our new 627GA which has the side waste pipe as mentioned & is 40mm.

Our last Chausson had just the drain in the middle of the tank - fine in Europe but no good for the UK (drains are improving though I've noticed).

May consider a similar adaptation - nothing supplied with van

No grounding as of yet - got a few trips in the UK & 3 weeks in France to test it!

I do have a query 're solar pre wiring but will start a new thread rather than hijack yours!

Good luck with your new van

OP
OP
Steve and Gill

Steve and Gill

Free Member
Apr 19, 2018
South Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
We just got our new 627GA which has the side waste pipe as mentioned & is 40mm.

Our last Chausson had just the drain in the middle of the tank - fine in Europe but no good for the UK (drains are improving though I've noticed).

May consider a similar adaptation - nothing supplied with van

No grounding as of yet - got a few trips in the UK & 3 weeks in France to test it!

I do have a query 're solar pre wiring but will start a new thread rather than hijack yours!

Good luck with your new van

No problem - we've had a solar panel fitted to ours - collecting it tomorrow so I should get to see what the panel can do on a sunny day!
Enjoy your travels

sdg.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Only spotted my waste drain extension yesterday while under van it is clipped to inside of skirt only visible from underneath

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
We have owned two Hymer for a total of 12 years now and have never used the flexible extension hose - after a short while of ownership I removed to the house garage. I did read once about cutting up an old mountain bike inner tube as an extension, which can be neatly rolled up when finished with. Also never used and, recently discarded.
We are not high water users so tend to use a bucket to empty the waste, if we can’t drive over a grille. At home we have a gravel driveway, so wife gets out as soon as i get off the road and opens the waste drain in order to let it empty as I go back and forward to park up. Works for us.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Well, our drain hose is 4” but then hey ho, it’s a :inlove: “Winnebago” :inlove: and only the Very @old-mo TypePerson and @Larrynwin the HappyChappy and @Geo SpannerFella and a few others, MIGHT understand. :gum:

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I had to buy a new outlet pipe as I hit and cracked my pipe, ,I bought the pipe and a push on parallel joint to join to old pipe, then I bought a push on 90 degree push on joint to put on outer end so when travelling I turn it horizontal to so the end is not quite so low, all got from B&Q Black pipe cheaper than white pipe !! had to buy 3 metre length but only about £4 used about third of a metre .
Tony A

OP
OP
Steve and Gill

Steve and Gill

Free Member
Apr 19, 2018
South Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Not long back from our first trip away:
C&CC site at Blackwell (Malvern) couldn't get the outlet directly over the drain grating but there was enough of a slope for the grey water to run into it.
C&MH site at Tewkesbury Abbey - the drain grating is wider than our wheel track - difficult to miss :)
Elgar's view CL (Malvern) would have needed a long ~20m hose to reach the drain - owner happy for us to discharge into the dry field.

We decided to go for a small (23l) grey waste tank and a short section of flexi 40mm for the few occasions we might need it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back