Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
I have the built in satnav in motorhome but it keeps trying to send me on some daft routes just as well I have some knowledge about the roads trying to send me on , does anyone else have issues with these built in units , or would I be safer getting a separate one that I can add on dimensions etc

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I suggest a proper truck or caravan sat nav will be better than any built in offering. These are installed as a selling point for the base vehicle rather than something useful for a larger conversion.
CoPilot Caravan is only £50 as an app for phone or tablet snd I've found it very good.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
What is the base unit; are you due any updates; can you put in any parameters; does it take POI's? If the previous owner had decided not to use it and a quick read of the manual then you may be able to improve its performance greatly.
The downside to most in-built SatNav for motorhomers is that it is normally easier to sit and plan your route before getting into a vehicle rather than doing it with your left hand and the extortionate fees to keep maps updated.
If starting from never having used a SatNav and you have a phone or tablet then CoPilot Caravan is probably the MHF application of choice at the moment. No SatNav is perfect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi guys I think it's a tom tom pre fitted it only has a car or van option no facility to put in dimensions or weight , pretty basic really and screen is only 3" so pretty small to look at , I'm thinking of going for one that I can put in motorhome sizes looked at the Garmin lmt 770 d but there's bad reports about them sending people down narrow roads etc will suss out more on the web

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
get yourself a tom tom 6000.. great bit of kit enter in length, height etc... and free map updates for life

C4B02DA7-4448-4E09-90E77448722D1164

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Thanks TCG will have a look at the specifications of it , that's what I love about this site so much good advice and help,and you learn from other people experiences

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Sounds silly I know, but, if I purchase the CoPilot app on my iPhone can I then transfer it onto my Ipad. is it easy to do?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Yes. Just go to the App Store and download it. Simples.
I have just installed an android radio and while I do not get the Caravan version it does give me all my European maps for free. Question then is it worth paying a second time for just the Caravan version.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
get yourself a tom tom 6000.. great bit of kit enter in length, height etc... and free map updates for life

Unfortunately TT's concept of life is nearly as short as the SNP's. Life to them is the length of time they want to support the hardware.
Their app was a classic example of this. It was the best ( no height and weight etc but brilliant planning tool) going but binned for their present poor app. I also had the previous Motorhome version and when that broke, just as they dropped the model, they would not put the software on anything else. Barge pole company over their lifetime app as far as I am concerned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back