Good deal on KTM Duke 390's just now. (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They sure turn into corners quicker than my GS! Nearly caught me out a couple of times

Is that because they're light? Or short wheelbase? Don't know about all the technical stuff but they're so easy to ride, if I go round corners much faster I'll be getting my knee down :LOL:
I used to frighten myself on the ZX6R and the next day I'd be apprehensive about getting it out, it was an insane speed machine. The Duke is still fast, but it's not going to kill you hopefully. (y)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Is that because they're light? Or short wheelbase? Don't know about all the technical stuff but they're so easy to ride, if I go round corners much faster I'll be getting my knee down :LOL:
I used to frighten myself on the ZX6R and the next day I'd be apprehensive about getting it out, it was an insane speed machine. The Duke is still fast, but it's not going to kill you hopefully. (y)
Well it probably weighs half as much, and has a steeper head angle, and a boatload less rotational mass, and what mass there is , is across the frame, not down it. And lighter wheels, tyres, and only one disc.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
The Duke is still fast, but it's not going to kill you hopefully.

Unfortunately apart from the way a few knobs ride it seems most people get killed by motorist not watching what the are doing:love:
I always ride with the view that everyone is out to kill me, worked for me for the last 40 years(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Me and my mate (who also has one, but the slower white version) went out for a blast round north Norfolk on Saturday. He's already run his in but I haven't yet so was limited to 64mph but what a laugh these little bikes are! They sure turn into corners quicker than my GS! Nearly caught me out a couple of times. Did about 120 miles. They're good on fuel too.
As for the bar end mirrors, they're ok but can't be fitted if you have the KTM hand / knuckle guards like wot I have. Anyway, they'd make it more difficult getting the bike in and out of the back of the Motorhome. Good cheap fun.
Strange that as ours tops out at 58pmh @6000rpm,any way in my opinion the White is faster. :p

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance

Yes, it's because it's really light compared to my GS and the shorter wheelbase helps too.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The Spice Rocket has now got 600 miles on the clock, yellow "SERVICE" has come on the LCD screen, but it still red lines at 6500rpm:sleep:

Booked it into the Sheffield KTM dealers, £173. Not cheap for a small bike but it's a big one with valve clearance, software update etc.

I kind of fancy the new Duke 790 but every time I ride mine I think it's great (y)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Up to a mind blowing 168 miles now! (y)
Get some panniers on it so you can use it instead of the car. Got some Shad E-48 bags on mine, I use the bike wherever possible. Driving is not nice these days, Sunday drivers are out all week here :LOL:

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I got a 15 plate Duke 390 two weeks ago, and not only does it fit in the garage a treat, it rides great...

Better still, 'er indoors loves riding pillion too

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Chris agreed to ride on the back of my VFR 750r when I first met her, bought her a new Arai helmet cost me £300, we had a nice day out when we got back home she gave me the helmet back thanked me for a lovely day and told me she would never ever ride pillion again.

Fair enough I thought, Chris did go on to explain she has put too many people back together again after a road accident and really didn`t want become a statistic.
So I will keep my Kawasaki's W650's and W800's all to myself and ride my 1954 Royal Enfield 350cc Bullet on sunny days.
Infact had a great day out today 120 miles taking in the Shropshire countryside, shame Iron Bridge is still covered in plastic but the Vanilla cornet at Ellesmere more than made up for that.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Chris agreed to ride on the back of my VFR 750r when I first met her, bought her a new Arai helmet cost me £300, we had a nice day out when we got back home she gave me the helmet back thanked me for a lovely day and told me she would never ever ride pillion again.

Fair enough I thought, Chris did go on to explain she has put too many people back together again after a road accident and really didn`t want become a statistic.
So I will keep my Kawasaki's W650's and W800's all to myself and ride my 1954 Royal Enfield 350cc Bullet on sunny days.
Infact had a great day out today 120 miles taking in the Shropshire countryside, shame Iron Bridge is still covered in plastic but the Vanilla cornet at Ellesmere more than made up for that.
You must have frightened her. What seems normal to us is scary to someone not used to it. Imagine seeing the tarmac zipping past inches from your feet... Then leaning over close to it again to get round round corners :eek:.

Ann says she's not getting on the Duke, she's been on my 600 years ago and that was ridiculously fast. I think she's thought about it too much and talked herself out of it. I told her it's no faster than the scooter with all the speed limits but it's no use.

Yesterday I put the old van camera on the handlebars to show her how nice it is, but when I played it back it sounds like a flippin dragster :ROFLMAO:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
You must have frightened her. What seems normal to us is scary to someone not used to it. Imagine seeing the tarmac zipping past inches from your feet... Then leaning over close to it again to get round round corners :eek:.

Ann says she's not getting on the Duke, she's been on my 600 years ago and that was ridiculously fast. I think she's thought about it too much and talked herself out of it. I told her it's no faster than the scooter with all the speed limits but it's no use.

Yesterday I put the old van camera on the handlebars to show her how nice it is, but when I played it back it sounds like a flippin dragster :ROFLMAO:

Can absolutely assure you I didn`t frighten Chris, that would have been the last thing I would have wanted, she had made up her mind to come out with me for the day but that it would be a one off.

Still all things considered it suits me I have my bikes Chris has her Rock Choir and her National Trust interests so we have something to talk about in the evenings whilst having dinner.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Our lass loves it on the pillion. But she gets nervous at junctions where a car may pull out

But I've had it maxed out 3 times to 186mph with her.
She loves the buzz from the insane acceleration.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I enjoy riding pillion on our696 preferably when the top box is on as i feel more secure when J accelerates lol Handy for the shopping when out nd about too. Not as comfy as the Beemer or the pan, but much better than a fireblade :D

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
My Duke is away for the winter now, even when it's 'dry' the roads are wet and salty.

The 2019 Honda cb650 looks very nice...

Screenshot_20181116-182657_Readly.jpg

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
2018-Honda-NC750S2-1024x670.jpg Have to say I rather like the look and performance of this beauty.
2018-Honda-NC750S2-1024x670.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back