Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
F3FF3DCE-1210-499D-BEB8-DAF3E53C6859.jpeg

Yesterday I decided to have a go at a tree decoration. Working with a 1.5 mm hook and thin wool was tricky with my clumsy hands, she’s a bit wonky so not sure where I went a bit wrong.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I like that bolero pattern @Ven but the reviews seem to suggest the instructions are not that clear. Are you up for a challenge? I might have a go some time. I had a wander round the site and it looks good. With Ravelry as well we're bound to find something to crochet. Have you had a look at these sites @davanne?

Emma's dress is proving a challenge - I had hoped to finish it yesterday but unfortunately my brain turned to mush (again) and when that happens I cannot reason or work anything out. (Part of my balance problem). Emma and Sarah are coming again this weekend so when Emma's tried the dress on again I can perhaps see where to go from there. Since her last fitting I've put in the boned bodice and lining. There's a long split in the skirt and it's kicking out so I'm suggesting some machine embroidery to keep the lining hidden. I'll do a few practice pieces in a moment.

I hope it still fits, I am getting very anxious that we've all wasted time and money if it ends up in the bin.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sooo who wants my poppies now??? AND shall I make some more? I have black centre's already made to attach the red part to, but I can use them for other flowers if poppy making is done!!!
I've decided to make some poppies for our van we have a camouflage net I'm going to put them on and i shall make a display in Van as wellwso when we next go To Aromanges in France can have our own display, don't know when that's gonna happen though . I shall still continue to make them for other displays if people let us know they want them. . I had thought I might just have a go at doing other things for awhile when I get the chance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Amanda isi still happy playing with her flowers at the mo we have them in the van with us and when I get my crocheting out, out come her flowers . .

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I like that bolero pattern @Ven but the reviews seem to suggest the instructions are not that clear. Are you up for a challenge? I might have a go some time. I had a wander round the site and it looks good. With Ravelry as well we're bound to find something to crochet. Have you had a look at these sites @davanne?

Emma's dress is proving a challenge - I had hoped to finish it yesterday but unfortunately my brain turned to mush (again) and when that happens I cannot reason or work anything out. (Part of my balance problem). Emma and Sarah are coming again this weekend so when Emma's tried the dress on again I can perhaps see where to go from there. Since her last fitting I've put in the boned bodice and lining. There's a long split in the skirt and it's kicking out so I'm suggesting some machine embroidery to keep the lining hidden. I'll do a few practice pieces in a moment.

I hope it still fits, I am getting very anxious that we've all wasted time and money if it ends up in the bin.
I’m sure it will
Look lovely when all finished! How are your excersises going?

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Very relieved that Emma's dress fits and she seems pleased with it. She wants to wear it for her senior prom; her cousins's wedding in August and her works 'do' so I've given her a reel of thread for running repairs.:eek:

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
In this photo Emma's bra straps are showing but I thought I'd include it as some of the other photos Derek took have not come out. It's a gorgeous green made up on the 'wrong' side because Emma thought the satin too shiny and didn't want to look like a bridesmaid.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 29

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
In this photo Emma's bra straps are showing but I thought I'd include it as some of the other photos Derek took have not come out. It's a gorgeous green made up on the 'wrong' side because Emma thought the satin too shiny and didn't want to look like a bridesmaid.

You are one clever lady Pam. I was amazed at the Meet at your needlework. The dress is beautiful. X

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Pam the dress is beautiful, and Emma looks lovely, the colour really suits her. You are so clever - and I envy your skills xx

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry I’ve been absent girls not been very well this week
The dress looks beautiful Pam @snailtrailer I used to love sewing but haven’t done any clothes for a long time.
Love the tree flowers @Janine
Not been able to concentrate on anything this week so I haven’t started a new project yet.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sorry I’ve been absent girls not been very well this week
The dress looks beautiful Pam @snailtrailer I used to love sewing but haven’t done any clothes for a long time.
Love the tree flowers @Janine
Not been able to concentrate on anything this week so I haven’t started a new project yet.

Anne I hope you're feeling better now.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry to read you have not been well @davanne Hope your feeling a bit better now.

@snailtrailer love the dress looks really classy.

We are off to shell island so I will probably be painting stones and hopefully getting some crocheting done.
It's really nice seeing all the things everyone is doing.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
OOh I like that @Janine An idea for all the reds, oranges and yellow tapestry wools that didn't go into my throw - it'll have to wait though as I'm still joining squares together.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OOh I like that @Janine An idea for all the reds, oranges and yellow tapestry wools that didn't go into my throw - it'll have to wait though as I'm still joining squares together.

Do you have any secret 'tips' please Pam for joining squares together?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back