Alde service pump DIY (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Has anyone changed their fluid d.i.y making or improvising a pump themselves ? I done a little research and can't find s great deal of info. And what I can find is tuggers who only have small vans so not many bleed valves.

I have s small week on one of my alloy pipe to rubber junctions under van so to fix this properly need to drain down and refill. I have no clue to how much fluid I will need but being being an 8mtr van with heated garage and about 20 bleed valves it will be lots.

So I fancy having a go myself I can't find anyone local to help so could be easier if I just do it. So anyone done it ?

Thanks In advance Paul

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The proper pump removes and refills at the same time, the system is never emptied, in which case you don't need a pump.
Before draining down try releasing the clamp on the leaking joint, twist the rubber hose on the alloy pipe a few times then reset the clamp a few degrees from where it was and retighten.
That may stop the leak.

Draining down, refilling and bleeding is a long, laborious job.... Good luck.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I did ours on 8.5 metre van with garage heating etc etc, I just drained it down and then refilled with 50:50 glycol/water mix, opened a few bleed valves to let as much air out as possible and then turned the pump on and bled again at the highest point, then put the heating on and checked each radiator was radiating and bled individual as required, it was really a lot easier than I thought it might be.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
I did ours and it was straight forward but it helped to turn the pump up to full speed. Good luck
Richard

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Last edited:

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
The one on eBay is new and unused btw so why would you want to pay more???
Well if you've got owt about you you could make your own - simples.

The one on eBay states that it has been used once so it is secondhand but also who knows how old and without warranty.
Buying new will mean full warranty and manufacturers back up for £100 more ?
Faffing around making or fixing anything is not my idea of fun in my leisure time.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The one on eBay states that it has been used once so it is secondhand but also who knows how old and without warranty.
Buying new will mean full warranty and manufacturers back up for £100 more ?
Faffing around making or fixing anything is not my idea of fun in my leisure time.
My most fun leisure time is spent faffing around and fixing stuff. And making and modifying stuff. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I did think of buying one and then hiring it out try recoup some cash or start a sideline doing it for people many caravan service people dont have this tool. Ideally I would like to drain it down and remove the pipework thats under van replace rusty clips and make sure all joints are good. Then refill with the good coolant I know where I am at then I have a few ideas I will let you know how I get on thanks for your replies

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Getting the engineer out would be cheaper wouldn’t it?

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
You find me one close by and willing and able
@PORKSTER Paul have you looked at the alde website. Looks as if you have S &G in Lancing are alde service engineers also another at Bosham.
Going to get antifreeze changed in ours before winter will be using the pink 5 year antifreeze. Will use a mobile engineer will not be going back to dealer I have used for last 11 years.
Steve

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
@PORKSTER Paul have you looked at the alde website. Looks as if you have S &G in Lancing are alde service engineers also another at Bosham.
Going to get antifreeze changed in ours before winter will be using the pink 5 year antifreeze. Will use a mobile engineer will not be going back to dealer I have used for last 11 years.
Steve
Alde will do it at their HQ and am told that their guys know their stuff.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Alde will do it at their HQ and am told that their guys know their stuff.
Could throw a stone to one of there houses but wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Used to work at same company as him and we wasn't alde engineers then and still not now

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Could throw a stone to one of there houses but wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Used to work at same company as him and we wasn't alde engineers then and still not now
Had S&G come to sort out a fridge warranty fault on my last van, I certainly wouldn't let them near one of my vans again.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The Alde web site lists umpteen engineers on the service page. The majority are ‘jack of all trades’ mainly caravan repairs. However there are a few on the list up and down the country who are solely Alde. They are shown on th list in a different format to the others.
We used to use Graham Cutmore who travelled anywhere in the UK and abroad, just doing Alde equipment. He was well known to canal boat owners as many boats have Alde kit. Graham has now retired and his associate, whose name escapes me, now covers the same area.

http://www.grahamcutmoreengineering.co.uk/home/4513331777

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back