Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
It will take time for me to get MMM here, I look forward to reading it.
So far very impressed with the Ixeo, had a problem with the locks on the habitation door , that seems to be resolved now
Complete lockdown here in Central France same as the UK , Artic conditions, should see a significant temperature rise by the week end when more shakedown trials will take place.

Last edited:

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
    • Strikeback alarm from 'you know where'
    • Added Froli springs under bed for a little more comfort
    • Very jealous of your sink cover! will look out for one of those.
Only issue that really needs resolving at the moment is a leak on the external locker door (under the settee). Hopefully it will be fixed easily at the next habitation check in May.

We agree that additional security from 'you know where' is always a good option! (y)

Hadn't even thought about additional bed springs! - though we find the bed comfortable anyway...

We did try an ordinary acrylic chopping board of the closest size we could find, instead of the bespoke sink cover - but it used to slip, so the vegetables would end up in the washing up water! :confused:

Interesting about your external locker leak. We have also had water in that locker - in our case, it was where rainwater was running down from the end of the awning. If the external locker door isn't fully closed, or is being opened and closed in the rain, or the washer isn't seated correctly to form a seal, that seems to be when the water gets in.

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
Loved reading your report in MMM it's great to read about your MoHo and agree with all!! :) I made a sink cover on a lathe at work ;-)
Only problem is we have just come away for first time this year and Fridge has no power/display!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
.....interesting! Spark for oven and job not on either! Need to look at fuses tomorrow......

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Loved reading your report in MMM it's great to read about your MoHo and agree with all!! :) I made a sink cover on a lathe at work ;-)
Only problem is we have just come away for first time this year and Fridge has no power/display!!

Glad you enjoyed it - and very impressed with your lathe skills! (y)

Hope you manage to find the fridge/oven fuses OK. Since we wrote the article, we've had to change a fuse for the external running lights at the back of the van - and it did take a little time to track down which one it was! (n)

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I think I know which one but need to wait until daylight to look at them :)

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
..Update!, Got the electrics checked while getting Habitation check done, It seems the light switch on the oven was shorting out!! They have isolated it so fridge and cooker/oven igniters are working, but need a new light switch, I see you had trouble with the oven??

Also. do you have a tow-bar? having a real problem getting one fitted aftermarket............

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
That’s interesting about the electrics. Our oven light stopped working a while ago, and we discovered the wiring to it had disconnected. Our dealer told us the light switch was broken and the whole part (button etc) needed to be replaced - which they did, under warranty - and fingers crossed, we’ve had no problems with it since.

Afraid we don’t have a tow bar, so can’t be any help on that one...

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
We not long back from Greece van ran a treat,had a back box on the bike rack so no problem with storage still happy with the van. Only problem fridge stopped working on 230 mains not working on auto either

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Finally got a towbar fitted :) mind you had to travel from Scotland to St Albans!! (Watling Engineering)...Ok not really true ;-) on a road trip from home to South Wales ( detour to get towbar) now back in Wales, going over to Ireland soon then N Ireland for long weekend then home :)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Through our local guy was dear at £700

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
ixeo 590 dropped the bed down Sunday night bedding slightly damp and condensation on roof above bed anyone else had this problem

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
Not on the ixeo , what I do is leave the bed slightly down to allow better circulation if its been parked for some time.

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Yes, when it is very cold outside we drop the bed slightly during the evening, it's enough to take the chill off the bed as it is very noticeable if we forget.

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Yes, when it is very cold outside we drop the bed slightly during the evening, it's enough to take the chill off the bed as it is very noticeable if we forget.

We also do this - sometimes there’s quite a cold draft as it comes down from the ceiling!

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi Guys and Gals! :giggle: I'm about to purchase a '67 plate (when the restrictions are lifted), I noticed these posts are over a year old and just wondered how you were all getting on with yours now, still OK or any other issues arisen since you last posts? Thanks.

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Still have our 16 plate 590, 28,000 miles on the clock now, still no major issues, changed the tyres to all seasons prior to going skiing in the Austrian Alps February this year our 3rd year skiing. Also down to Portugal twice with no problems, so seems to manage most conditions we can throw at it.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Had ours 4 years now only trouble we have had is the fridge and the two front seat there that fuel leather not wearing well,other than that all ok

Attachments

• 9D34841F-8DA8-41A0-91D0-2C908B50D368.jpeg
    9D34841F-8DA8-41A0-91D0-2C908B50D368.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 0EBF54B4-77B7-4A7E-A9C1-C19E5C810422.jpeg
    0EBF54B4-77B7-4A7E-A9C1-C19E5C810422.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 48
May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2016 - very much newbies
Hi, Had ours 4 years now and still very pleased with it. We were due to take it to Italy tomorrow but that ain't happening :( . Only two minor problems: broken bathroom door latch and the grey waste dump valve had to be replaced - both were easily fixed. As this model doesn't have a garage you have to be a little careful planning what you are taking with your but for 2 people it's unlikely to be an issue.

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Thanks for all the responses should be big enough for just me?, hopefully get a bit knocked off due to lost sales, can't wait to get it and be off again.:Grin::sun::dance2:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We're still working through the best motorhome for us ... There is a 2016 Burstner Ixeo Time 590 [8500 miles on the clock] available that seems to have been looked after. Thinking that buying this would enable us to have, say, 5 years of traveling an avarage of 8,000 miles each year, leaving us with a 48,000 miles model at 10 years old, rather than starting with a new van and having a 40,000 miles equivalent at 5 years old.
The Burstner has full service history, the timing belt will be changed and the habitation check completed, plus a new MOT, giving as near to a 'clean slate start' as we can get. There is a note with the m/home papers indicating that payload was measured at 586kg when the Burstner was new, and a pessimistic calculation of our needs suggests 520kg required. The Ski hatch [Broom cupboard to us!] is crammed with carpets that we would leave at home, freeing up a little more payload.
Perhaps it was the experience of actually sitting in a 5.99m m/home on Friday that has changed our/my mind. Having seen the pictures of the Burstner, I can 'see' myself using it as our holiday transport/living set up.
Any comments or advice would be welcome, including any 'Don't want to pee on your chips but ...' (y)
The Burstner is in southern England, and we are still in lockdown, so it might require us to take the plunge and get it delivered to Scotland, so that we can use it for local breaks this year. I know this is something of a risk, but, having read this sub Forum, the 590 seems to have performed well 'in the wild' based on the Aug 2020 posts from those who bought new in 2016, the defects/failures seeming to be for fairly minor things such as bathroom door catches etc [but the 'eco glue' floor lifting for 2016 to 2018 models was slightly unnerving!]

Steve & Elaine

May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2016 - very much newbies
Still pleased with ours, no additional issues over the last year or two above those we've mentioned above. The drop down bed design means you have a relatively huge lounge. One day would like to get a van with an island bed but would need to move house first to somewhere with a bigger driveway to fit the van on!

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Yes, we still have ours and passed its latest MOT in January 21 with no issues or advisories and 30.6k on the clock. Still pleased with it and have the Tech Data sheet from Bürstner showing the Sovereign 590 as having MTPLM 3500, MIRO 2897 with (app kg) payload of 603. We normally tour fully loaded when we set off (fuel/water/gas/food etc) 2 adults and 30kg dog and once a year we go to weigh-bridge just to check all still within in limits, no problems so far.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Yes, we still have ours and passed its latest MOT in January 21 with no issues or advisories and 30.6k on the clock. Still pleased with it and have the Tech Data sheet from Bürstner showing the Sovereign 590 as having MTPLM 3500, MIRO 2897 with (app kg) payload of 603. We normally tour fully loaded when we set off (fuel/water/gas/food etc) 2 adults and 30kg dog and once a year we go to weigh-bridge just to check all still within in limits, no problems so far.
Thank you very much, Alcemi. The experience and the hard data re payload etc is very reassuring and will nudge us a wee bit closer to a decision. We don't have a dog, so that's 30kg of payload we'll have available for choccy biscuits, packs of coffee and packets of porridge [Year round breakfast item]! :LOL:

Steve & Elaine

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Getting serious now! Independent Engineer has squeezed us in for a pre purchase inspection a week on Wednesday and should be getting a Video Inspection later this afternoon. Struggling to make the decision to shake off my indecision at present ...

Independent Engineer did say that the Dealer has a good reputation, so that's reassuring, and the Dealer has been very generous with his time providing both general m/home advice and specific suggestions that have enabled us to grind out a decision in priniciple.

'Onwards and upwards', as the Condemned Man is alleged to have muttered as he climbed the scaffold steps ... :unsure: (y)

Steve & Elaine

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Video viewing went well and answered many of the niggling uncertainties we [i.e.Steve] had. Have placed a holding returnable deposit pending the Engineer's Inspecton and clarification of the available payload. After that, we move to the non refundable deposit stage and we just wait for service, timing belt and water pump change, solar panel fit, and delivery ...

Steve & Elaine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back