Aerial fitting to side of camper van or magnetic Digital Aerail.. (1 Viewer)

Flybynight200000

Free Member
Jun 19, 2018
Funster No
Hi, I’m looking at options to fit an Aerail to the side of my van. The van side is not a square shape so fitting using stick on plates and a pole that clamps to these with the Aerail on top I don’t think will work as the Aerail will not be square on to the signal it wants to receive (hope this is making sense)

I’ve seen theses stubby magnetic “Digital” ones advertised for around £35.

Has anyone used these with any degree of success.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Konrad

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I have the Necvox magnetic aerial - about £35 so probably the one you are describing

Brilliant bit of kit, good reception and you can drive around with it on the roof if you want to

I have modified mine by fitting a piece of flat co-ax cable where it comes though the rear (barn) door. I then velcro the flat cable to the top of the door opening. It means once in situ I can open & close the rear (barn) door without it moving. Whilst I was doing that I replaced the connector that fits into the TV for a right angle 'F' connector. None of which is necessary, but I think it's an improvement - plus, I like tinkering!

I did try the cheap August tv aerial, but only got about half the stations, a weaker signal with poorer quality & got my money back from the supplier.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If you're talking about a DAB aerial, the guys who fitted my new Kenwood radio fitted a stick-on windscreen mounted aerial, it's on the nearside about halfway up and to all intents and purposes invisible. Works very well, although if you've a Luton overcab it might not be as good, our is a low profile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

Flybynight200000

Free Member
Jun 19, 2018
Funster No
Guys, thanks everso much for the help and replies. I might go for the Necvok option, and give it a go.

OP
OP
F

Flybynight200000

Free Member
Jun 19, 2018
Funster No
Gave the Necvox magnetic aerial a go, rather impressed. Sat it on the steel bracket of the roofbar and it pulled in a good signal.
Had to place the coax lead carefully as it seems to be an integral part of the recieve capabilities.

Definitely worth a go, not sure how strong a signal area you have to be in though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back