Pubs that allow over night stops (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
Fantastic info. As I am just getting my first second hand MH in two weeks can I ask, what do most people do in return for free MH stay? Do they drink loads and get a meal there in return?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If you join Britstops there is no need to purchase anything but people often do. Otherwise, lots of pubs you only have to ask if you can stay if you have a meal and it isn't usually a problem. Just agreed this with a pub near some friends in North Yorkshire. Quick email exchange, booked in to eat and can stay over for free.

C

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you join Britstops there is no need to purchase anything

but maybe that's the reason there are quite a lot dropping out, the very least you can do is to buy a drink or snack.. Pubs don't join Britstops for the benefit of freeloaders.. ..

I know at least one hotel proprietor who has made that comment.. and left Britstops..

The Old Hall Caister

Motor Home Stop Over
We have electric hook up subject to availability and during your stay you have complementary use of our Leisure facilities including showers, gym, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room.
Only £15.00 per pitch per night
This includes a £10 voucher to be used in the bar or restaurant.
Vouchers are issued on arrival and may be used singularly or collectively.
The value of the voucher is only redeemable againist purchases.

This years Britstops casualties..as of 3rd Nov

closures this year:
012, 021, 029, 034, 057, 084, 110, 120, 121, 135, 141, 157, 231, 236, 239, 312, 314, 316, 325, 329, 340, 411, 413, 446, 504, 517, 703, 722, 736, 811, 836, 839, 840
New closures: 158

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
Was that a real offer for a pitch? That is perfect really you couldnt fault it.
I think it is the same as with the sailing and mooring at pubs or distillaries. It is good to buy something in return for the free site.
I read an article where someone asked why should we introduce ourselves. Seems odd not introducing yourself to a host when your getting a freebie.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you join Britstops there is no need to purchase anything but people often do. Otherwise, lots of pubs you only have to ask if you can stay if you have a meal and it isn't usually a problem. Just agreed this with a pub near some friends in North Yorkshire. Quick email exchange, booked in to eat and can stay over for free.

C
Pubs join Britstops with the expectation MH owners will visit and at least have a drink or two if not a meal. To just use say a pub carpark and not even go into the pub is downright rude in my view! Of course the Britstops rules "allow" this but folk really shouldn't make a habit of it. :)

And I was with someone this week who stops in lots of pubs and knows nothing about Britstops! He just turns up and says if we eat/drink here tonight can we stay overnight? He has never been turned down but then he only has a 6.0m PVC so it doesn't take up more than about one space.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Exactly @DBK that sounds like us, stopped at the CB inn overnight ( Charles Bathurst ) the other week. If you eat in there they let you stop over. Lovely meal too. Not your usual cheap pub grub , but not expensive either , but very nice. I had lamb it was MMMmmmmmmmm. http://www.charlesbathurst-arkengarthdale.co.uk/ We had a nice starter and pudding too. AND the beer was good. We went in early to eat , as we were both shattered. Then went back to pug after a few pints and settled down to a film. We often ring up pubs, say we want to book a table, then ask if we can park the " campervan" in the carpark .
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 20

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Keith you are doing a fab job here and its much appreciated. As you probably know there are as many (or roundabout)pub stopovers in Scotland on your page as there are last time I looked on a friends Britstops so its an added bonus for me.(y) I believe Britstops is great for the rest of the UK so I'm not mocking them. Just wish our weather was as good as our wild camping and pub stopovers here in Bonnie Scotland :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Was that a real offer for a pitch? That is perfect really you couldnt fault it.
I suppose it depends on the cost of the food against which vouchers can be used as to how "perfect" it is :)
I would guess that, from the hotel's point of view, having an official CL status is going to enable them to avoid any complaints from owners of local caravan sites.

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
See thats perfect. You get a free site and put the money towards a meal and drinks so both parties win. The food looks really good, I bookmarked that one lol

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
I think Britstops suit me as I will fit in these sites with wild sites and paid sites depending on if i need the buisness of the Britstop....i wouldnt dream of just staying for nothing. I lived in the Highlands before coming back to Wales. Nice when you can put a little back in the local economy. And I do like a beer....for my cough.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi
Keith you are doing a fab job here and its much appreciated. As you probably know there are as many (or roundabout)pub stopovers in Scotland on your page as there are last time I looked on a friends Britstops so its an added bonus for me.(y) I believe Britstops is great for the rest of the UK so I'm not mocking them. Just wish our weather was as good as our wild camping and pub stopovers here in Bonnie Scotland :)

Yes it s shame we don't have the quaint traditional pubs up here, but if we did just think of all the motorhomes we would have to put up with on our main roads with passing places. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
A Google map that pin points pubs that are known to allow over night stops..
I have accumulated these from various internet sites & have checked them on Google street view where possible. Some I have used personally.
I invite anyone who knows of others to contact me with details as this is an ongoing project that I will add to

Pubs that allow over night stops
Brilliant works well for me. Thankyou..

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We will be staying with my Sister in the New Year and our MH will be awkward to fit by her house so were looking for somewhere to park up safely. Just opened you map and seen that The Furze Bush Inn, Ball Hill Nr Newbury is just down the road from my Sister and we have been there so many times as well. Well done, this has saved us a lot of hassle.

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Hi, thank you ..... have just arranged to stop over in one of the pubs nr Bath ..... We will of course be eating at the pub.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Hello all, we stayed at the Castle View Inn in Deganwy for one night this week. If you park at the top of the car park there is a level area. Nearer the water the car park slopes very steeply so avoid that. I would also avoid the bottom entrance to the car park to avoid scrapping the back of the van.
The staff were very friendly, we had rung ahead to check it was ok and also checked they were ok with where we parked. Wednesday night was Steak special night - food was great. plenty of choice of beers and "her in doors" really enjoyed the flavoured Gins.
castleview.jpg

Thank you for setting up the site

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Hello all, we stayed at the Castle View Inn in Deganwy for one night this week. If you park at the top of the car park there is a level area. Nearer the water the car park slopes very steeply so avoid that. I would also avoid the bottom entrance to the car park to avoid scrapping the back of the van.
The staff were very friendly, we had rung ahead to check it was ok and also checked they were ok with where we parked. Wednesday night was Steak special night - food was great. plenty of choice of beers and "her in doors" really enjoyed the flavoured Gins.
View attachment 225177

Thank you for setting up the site
Thank you for your review, now added to the map

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
keep it going keith, great work - I did send a very favourable review via email on the Crown Inn at Cholderton, Wiltshire but it doesn't seem to have been added to the other reviews. is there a limit on the number of reviews you can put on your pages?

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
I must have missed that one sorry
Can you let me have it again, and I can add more.
Keith

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker