Single Beds -your ( constructive) input please (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I buy vat free and pay UK vat. Dealer drives van to port I follow in his car. Several insurance companies will cover you on a vin once on UK soil, could cost you a £25 cancellation fee if you change companies after its registered.

So you need to add UK VAT to the quoted purchase price?

That makes a bit of a difference to the final saving.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010

But he's only paying the price net of tax in Belgium. Unfortunately, there's no way of avoiding paying VAT. I think that when @Lenny HB describes the savings which he has made, he's talking about the total price he has paid, including British VAT, by buying in Belgium compared to the price (including British VAT) which he would have paid, had he purchased in Britain.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Come on peeps, get your own thread:LOL:
I keep getting sodding alerts and its just talk about importing foreign stuff and saving loads of Escudos or somefink

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

The purchase price quoted by Belgian dealers will include their own VAT so all you're doing is buying without VAT there then payaing it in the UK instead, so no difference.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The purchase price quoted by Belgian dealers will include their own VAT so all you're doing is buying without VAT there then payaing it in the UK instead, so no difference.

Each country sets it's own VAT rate. 20% is not standard across the EU so there is likely to be a difference.

As it happens it's 21% in Belgium which would mean less to pay in the UK.

The rate is Germany is 19%, so paying it in the UK instead would cost more.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
How about a Chausson Flash SE 757. I've just seen one on the Lowdhams web page for an RRP of £52,250 and it looks to tick all of your boxes.
Yes, that looks interesting, any one got any experience of the dealer/model
It does tick lots of boxes
Diesel Truma heating is bit unusual !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Each country sets it's own VAT rate. 20% is not standard across the EU so there is likely to be a difference.

As it happens it's 21% in Belgium which would mean less to pay in the UK.

The rate is Germany is 19%, so paying it in the UK instead would cost more.
Yes I know the VAT rates are different but not sufficiently so for the usual supplying countries to make a vast difference to the purchase price and is NOT in addition to the dealer quoted price which usually already includes their own country's VAT, so just a small adjustment of 1% either way generally.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes I know the VAT rates are different but not sufficiently so for the usual supplying countries to make a vast difference to the purchase price and is NOT in addition to the dealer quoted price which usually already includes their own country's VAT, so just a small adjustment of 1% either way generally.

1% of £50k is £500.

Won’t calling that small or unimportant get you permanently exiled from Yorkshire? :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
1% of £50k is £500.

Won’t calling that small or unimportant get you permanently exiled from Yorkshire? :D2
Not if you're saving £25k by buying abroad! (y)

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Not even been on my radar, thanks. That’s what the question was for.
Will have a butcher’....much appreciated

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I know this is outside your budget, but I offer it for consideration. A great marque and dealer supplied nearly new would hit your budget.

http://www.auto-sleepers.com/motorhomes/peugeot-alko-coachbuilt-corinium-2/

I have the much smaller Stanton and the quality is fantastic. Great support direct from the factory as well. They have a service centre for your hab checks. if you join the owners club (£20) you will get 10% discount on everything from them and most of their dealers (except the motorhome!). They will sell spares and give advice direct. Rather unlike the likes of Swift who will always refer you to their dealer network (even if they answer your requests).

If you do go this route, please let me know.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Nice thing Dennis, but only 2 travel seats I think.
Thanks for suggestion though.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Is there no way you would accept a 17/67-plate used van as I honestly think you would get a stunner of a vehicle for sub-£55K.

The big constraint here is budget in that your ideal new van falls somewhere in the 60 to £66K bracket so It's that few thousand extra that makes all the difference.

The problem with pre-registered vans (from what I've seen) is that you need to be constantly perusing the MoHo market because the pre-registered bargains are snapped up just as soon as the sales advert goes live.

This is a tough one but the option of getting a used MoHo with 1 to 2 thousand miles on the clock is not a bad option really.

Good luck,

Andrew

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Just a personal choice that I know is an expensive choice
If i could be tempted to buy ‘nearl new’ what is your suggestion?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you buy nearly new hopefully all the problems will be ironed out.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Nice thing Dennis, but only 2 travel seats I think.
Thanks for suggestion though.

For £1000 including VAT, you can specify an additional two belted travel seats.

Our AutoSleeper Broadway is lovely and very well built and specified. No need to buy German to have a quality van :)

You would have to consider a slightly used one though, to come in on budget, and I don’t know how many used ones will have the optional layout you require, although AS will probably be prepared to carry out the change on a used van as they have an excellent reputation for this level of customer service. I don’t know if there might be a problem with matching the upholstery.

michnig

Free Member
Jun 28, 2016
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
im a newbie ex caravaner
Hi
A little bit above your budget but have a look at the Rapido 665F.not German but French.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Hi
A little bit above your budget but have a look at the Rapido 665F.not German but French.
Yes indeed,
Hi

Hi , thanks for suggestion, but i looked at Chausson 757 which is identical but with a double drop dowm 8nstead if a single....and higher spec for amost 10k less !!!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
If I were looking at this I would certainly try and stretch the budget, and with a little bit of bargaining possibly get a thou or two off. Well worth a look .

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Benimar has very small payload , we looked at it .
Yes, i spotted that BUT the sales MANAGER at Preston had absolutely no idea:-
What MIRO included
What unladen weight was( quoted MIRO straight from brochure)
If anyone at Marquis had EVER weighed one
What rear axle load or upgrades were available for Ford

I didnt ask him what day it was, so not aware of his expertise on that

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
If I were looking at this I would certainly try and stretch the budget, and with a little bit of bargaining possibly get a thou or two off. Well worth a look .
Hi
Thanks but dont want used( and its German)

And am stretched at present,really want to be sub 50, but i know that may be impossible

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
We had a 2017 Swift 684 (don't see a 686 on their website) I uprated it to 3850 (there is a factory fit uprate available for £99 but only to 3700Kg), fitted self levelling (highly recommended) and VB full air on the rear, (not so highly recommended). Great motorhome. Big garage, However, consider having the dealer fit a second full size garage door level with the floor on the offside of the van instead of the "letterbox" door. Two singles or double or optional drop down bed for +2 or make up lounge double bed for +2

Shortcomings:- The dealer, who is always too busy and too expensive, Swift, who will not deal directly with its customers even for enquiries. As for the motorhome, pretty much exactly what we wanted.

The only reason we now have an Autosleeper is that after all the work to get it perfect, I was diagnosed with Glaucoma and the DVLA eye test for the Ci entitlement was too rigorous for me by a whisker and I can no longer drive over 3500Kg. Downrating was not an option with all the self levelling and full air systems as it would have meant counting how many spoons we were carrying for payload.

Good luck

Dennis
Dennis I meant 684
Your input has been great
Ta

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries