What have I done??? Hello all by the way. (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hi all, newbie here, I've gone and put a deposit down on a used 2015 Elddis Encore 255 (by god I hope they are OK!) I wanted, no, preferred a "German" motorhome, but she who must be obeyed always said this was her preferred layout, so here we are!! We are hoping to be out and around the UK, and about especially a couple of times a year in Germany and Austria, (have'nt quite got the fascination about France yet, but that may change)!! But as we are still 15 years away from chucking the towel in on the daily grind. Hope to bump into you at some stage in the future, stay safe.

Ady

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
:pink:
Can't give any advice about the Elddis other than the useless fact that it is Siddle backwards who was some sort of founder of the company. I hope your missus is happy with the layout, I am with ours (Rapido A class) though SWMBO does change her mind a lot.

It seems to take most people three attempts before they get the layout they like so congratulations if you get it right first time.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
IMG_4449.GIF

Jul 4, 2016
sidcup
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c line 5.0
Exp
a few years
hello and welcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.
A happy wife means a happy life so you've done the right thing. :whistle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hello and :pink: we got it right, for our needs at the time, first time hope youn are as lucky. Have since changed the van, neither of which have my preferred layout, as the storage on those just doesn't suit.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
:hiya2::WelcomeFlag:

Some people don’t get it right first time, but you learn a lot, you may eventually find the layout isn’t quite what you hoped for but it’s a learning curve that can get quite expensive!
Good luck and just enjoy the experience.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Thanks for the warm welcome, our rescue "Martha moos" rule our house and soon to be motorhome, in fact the day I pick up the van we are straight off to the Bulldog Rescue day, so that will be a baptism of fire (I will probably end up in the camp site having forgot everything on the handover an hour earlier, in the dark and freezing cos I forgot how the heating works and I've run the batteries flat)!!!

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from us in East Sussex and :welco:
I hope you have picked the right layout. We did first time but then our needs changed and so did our van :LOL:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi and welcome
welcome-small.jpg

Nice layout in Elddis Encore 255, your wife has taste.
Don't worry if Elddis motorhomes are OK or not as if they were crap, how come they sell so many and if you find you don't like the van then sell it on.
As you have probably found, funsters views can be very polarised when it comes to motorhome manufactures.
We have an Elddis Autoquest 175 and love it as its layout is spot on for us and no other comes near and we looked long and hard before buying this one. It's not luxurious but neither was the price.

SixBerther

Banned
Apr 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
New Bailey Alliance
Exp
2 years
Layout is important.
Two things spring to mind:
- try to get as long a warranty as possible
- I would suggest doing your own inspection as soon as humanly possible

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
(I will probably end up in the camp site having forgot everything on the handover an hour earlier, in the dark and freezing cos I forgot how the heating works and I've run the batteries flat)!!!

Make sure you have internet and you can ask on here anything you forget :) You will get some sensibel answers and some useful answers and a lot of ribbing :)

:WelcomeFlag:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back