Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Five years
I am planning to drive from Rotterdam to Lake Garda in September . Travelling g solo in my camper van. Can anyone recommend which would be the easiest stress free route to take. Thankyou

OP
OP
Daffodil

Daffodil

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Five years
A big Thankyou to you all for your helpful suggestions . They don’t seem to have shown in this thread but have received emails. Much more confident about making the trip does seem straight forward and not too many tolls

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi Daffodil

If you get chance, please will you forward them onto me as we are considering Lake Garda next month?
Thanks,
Gavlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Good luck and enjoy think we may head that way again ourselves in Sept so easy to get too and the weather has never let us down. Plenty of info on Garda if you do a search I got all my info and route from here.

Dervish31

Free Member
May 16, 2018
Funster No
Saw pictures of Lake Garda on the net. It's so picturesque! Hope to visit it someday too.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
We've just had a fabulous few days in peschiera del Garda and up on the Monte baldo hills. Lovely area and fab weather.
We're now near Venice in pouring rain !
Easy route Calais, Metz, Lucerne though we did a different indirect route through mosele and black forest.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Figaro

do you go via the mont blanc tunnel into Italy or another route.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We've just had a fabulous few days in peschiera del Garda and up on the Monte baldo hills. Lovely area and fab weather.
We're now near Venice in pouring rain !
Easy route Calais, Metz, Lucerne though we did a different indirect route through mosele and black forest.

sounds a good route would you mind sharing ?
@Daffodil have you started planning ?

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We going to Lake Garda for lunch on Saturday, but on the motorbike having traveled down on the overnight car train from Düsseldorf to Innsbruck.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
We have used the St Gotthard tunnel a few times and despite tales of long waits that has never been a problem for us and we breezed through. The St Gotthard tunnel is included in the Swiss motorway vignette we bought at the border heading towards Basel. The toll for the Mont Blanc tunnel is rather expensive by comparison. Leaving Obernai in the morning we reached Riva del Garda in the late afternoon.

We have also done the alternative route to Lake Garda via Austria and the Brenner pass. In September it can be snowing on the Austrian side!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back