OMG - Ive turned into a.......... (1 Viewer)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Here you go then Peter, FLT covert chairs out
IMG_20180416_223310__01.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
That's cheating Dave. Those chairs are on the beach not the Aire on the other side of the road ........... :D2

Still La Azohia is nice when the sun is shining and there is no wind!

I have often wondered in theses discussions about Spanish rules differentiating between 'Parking' and 'Camping' what the law says if one drives a car to the beach and gets out chairs, or mats and a windbreak - is one campng?

What differnce does it make how the chairs arrived?

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have often wondered in theses discussions about Spanish rules differentiating between 'Parking' and 'Camping' what the law says if one drives a car to the beach and gets out chairs, or mats and a windbreak - is one campng?

Geoff
I would imagine it depends on WHERE the chairs etc are placed ... if on the beach then you're not camping, but on the car park you are.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Geoff
If on the beach with car then yes.+Any spaniard doing it will also be lighting a fire & burning fish. So not a leg to stand on usually

I would imagine it depends on WHERE the chairs etc are placed ... if on the beach then you're not camping, but on the car park you are.
Withe the spaniards the car s on the beach with them.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Can I join the FLT brigade? There was someone complaining the other day about some people staying at pubs (with the landlords permission) without buying the britstops book evidently they are FLT's. I can only think it stands for fun loving types as apposed to busybodys ( the peeping over the hedge/twitching the curtains type ) hating people with common sense more than money.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Can I join the FLT brigade? There was someone complaining the other day about some people staying at pubs (with the landlords permission) without buying the britstops book evidently they are FLT's. I can only think it stands for fun loving types as apposed to busybodys ( the peeping over the hedge/twitching the curtains type ) hating people with common sense more than money.

Us too, never joined Britstops but just as we always did we call places in advance to see if it’s okay to stay in the van. What’s the problem? Often they are places not even in Britstops (although sometimes they are). If they are happy to have us, we are happy to spend a few quid in their business. Simple :)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Your most welcome, it's a big club of great people who are living the dream. Welcome aboard.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Dear sirs

On our present trip to France and Spain we have used campsites, camperstops, Aires and free unofficial parking spaces. Does that make us semi free loading tossers ("SFLTs"), tight gits, rich bastards, posh, tugger lovers, typical Hymer drivers, or just plain sensible?

We need to know this so that we can make our status clear to others on this forum as well as our neighbours. We would not want to let anybody get the wrong impression.

Yours faithfully

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It's not a unique club, the FLT. All that is required is to be tolerant of others and acceptance they may have a different perspective of life than you, And, a dedication to alcohol, sun and friendship........and one euros bars and free stopovers!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Dear sirs

On our present trip to France and Spain we have used campsites, camperstops, Aires and free unofficial parking spaces. Does that make us semi free loading tossers ("SFLTs"), tight gits, rich bastards, posh, tugger lovers, typical Hymer drivers, or just plain sensible?

We need to know this so that we can make our status clear to others on this forum as well as our neighbours. We would not want to let anybody get the wrong impression.

Yours faithfully

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.
It sounds like you swing all the different ways disgusted of tunbridge wells!!!!

Jan 26, 2013
france
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
four years
So, have trawled through the three pages and found it very interesting as this is just what we get up to, whether it be in France or the Iberian Peninsula. A wonderful free life of our own choosing etc which we have come to love but you know there I really a large BUT coming.......which is, the very title.....what does it mean?

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
We won't be called 'tossers'. We would rather be known as 'free loading travellers'. (FLT) This does not mean we are not prepared to pay our way, but if it's available for free, why not take advantage of it.
My thoughts entirely, like they say the hippy VW camper YouTube videos leave only your tyre tracks

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a load of caravans turned up in Eastbourne. Could be itinerants travellers or even flts. Its the numbers that cause offense. I don't suppose there would be much outcry about one or two units, but 20 is a different matter.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have a load of caravans turned up in Eastbourne. Could be itinerants travellers or even flts. Its the numbers that cause offense. I don't suppose there would be much outcry about one or two units, but 20 is a different matter.
Most exciting thing to happen in Eastbourne in years............ :D2

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I stayed in pub car parks long before the britstops scam I have stayed at many brit stops pubs without any problems
Most locations are stolen gatherd from others hard work I won't post on her any more pubs restaurant's or location's
That can be used by them or stollen
Bill

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi folks,

just thought it might be worth mentioning that we have been in contact with every single host in the Brit Stops book. We don't "steal" hosts from elsewhere. There's no point. They either contact us directly or we ask their consent to be added to Brit Stops (sometimes we have to persuade them that it'd be a good idea). Some pubs have been hosting stopovers for donkeys' years though, and they may have also decided to join Brit Stops.

What we don't do (ever) is simply look for places that have been posted online somewhere and stick them in the book. There's no point in that, and I think we'd soon have problems with the hosts if we did. We do however get contacted by the occasional Brit Stops host who is annoyed that non-Britstoppers seem to have found their details online as a "free stopover". We only hear of this after there has been a problem, of course.

And @Dilbert - we're quite happy for Britstoppers to be members of other groups! :D

Happy travels everyone (however you do it!)

Steve :)

[edit - sorry, don't want to hijack the thread!]

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We do however get contacted by the occasional Brit Stops host who is annoyed that non-Britstoppers seem to have found their details online as a "free stopover". We only hear of this after there has been a problem, of course.
I'm at a loss to know why a 'host pub' would be annoyed whether the person stopping over is a Britstop member or not ... surely it is all 'business' to them? Do they get a 'benefit' if it is a Britstop member over a non-member?

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
I'm at a loss to know why a 'host pub' would be annoyed whether the person stopping over is a Britstop member or not ... surely it is all 'business' to them? Do they get a 'benefit' if it is a Britstop member over a non-member?

As I mentioned, we're only contacted if there has been a problem, so of course it might be fine other times. However There have been several occasions for instance where the pub who got in touch with us was no longer, or has never been, listed in Brit Stops. In these cases they are still listed somewhere online, despite not wanting to host stopovers (for whatever reason). Over the 8 years we've been operating, we have built up a good relationship with our hosts, and contact them several times a year. In our experience our hosts value this.

Steve

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear all those choices . We have tried them all. Thanks to. the funsters . Who have gone before. So thank you all. Coming back later in the year. So Beware.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back