Looking to overnight somewhere in Norfolk - preferably coastal area one night only (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
hi, anyone recommend a nice one night stopover for this weekend - coastal area would be great. we want to try our motorhome for the first time (other than at home !) and I don't really want a campsite. I would be happy with a pub stopover and buy an evening meal - so long as its not on a main road with lots of traffic

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello. Have you tried Britstops or Park4night ?

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Try Searchforsites. But I would say the Pleasureboat in at Hickling or the lifeboat at Thornham. Both allow overnights and serve decent food and drink.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Thanks. we ended up staying at the Nelsons Head Gt Yarmouth -

IMG-20180422-WA0004.jpeg
20180423_093355.jpg
20180423_094334.jpg
20180423_094344.jpg

Review -

The pub can be a little difficult to find but well worth the effort. When we first arrived we were a little dubious as it was in a VERY rural setting and looked a little tired, but we shouldn't have worried as although it was rural and was a little tired, BUT what a great little find. The food was excellent and staff were very friendly and helpful. Dogs are allowed in the bar area which was great for us as we sat there and had our meal - with the dog sat under the table watching with intent.!!! We paid £25 for two evening meals and a drink each, which we felt was good value, fed and watered we returned to the van for a couple of glasses of wine and play a few games before an undisturbed sleep.

Parking was on hard standing on a large concrete area facing the beer garden. No EHU but that didn't bother us.
There were plenty of local 'walks' for the dog as obviously we avoided taking him to do his ablutions in the beer garden.
The selection of beers and ciders was quite surprising for the size of the pub and there were adverts for a weekend beer/cider and music festival for 3 days in September (though whether that was for last year or not I don't know) with FREE camping, So that looks definitely worth thinking about !!

So please don't be put off by first impressions, as we nearly were. if you do, then you're missing out !

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Cor blimey,been in there many times yonks ago,25ish,when we used to go on the Broads. Nice peaceful area.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
it was great thanks, really helped by staying somewhere where we didn't need to start cooking food etc. if only they did breakfast LOL !!!

We found a few little tweaks that I need to sort out and a couple of things we need to buy and make sure we have in the van ready for next weekend !!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Has the Lifeboat started to accept overnight motorhomes again? ... I understood the place had new owners who put a top to motorhomes stopping over.

Dont know for sure, they are still on Searchforsites and there is a bloody great big car park so I done seem why not. I may be going up that way on the not too distant future so will find out, having said that the Nelsons Head does look attractive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Just posted on the other thread where the Nelson Head is mentioned. Great recommendation. A well supported local with nice food and an excellent selection of real ales and ciders.
East Norfolk Camra Rural Pub of the Year 2018

Beer Cider & Music Festival is the weekend of Aug 31st to Sept 2nd this year. It looks like they have extra space for camping in the field beyond the beer garden. See pic at https://quoteevents.com/horsey/nelson-head-horsey-5th-annual-beer-cider-and-music-festival/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back