Truma/ Carver Heater - Wall Backing? (1 Viewer)

Exasperant

Free Member
Apr 20, 2018
Funster No
I'm looking to fit a heater - I think it's an 1800, although the cover (which was mix and match at the place I got it) says something like 2000 on it. Anyway, it's the sort that has the plastic inlet, and metal flue, exit under the floor.

Pretty much all the info I can find talks about it being recessed into a wardrobe space, although I did find a pdf that said it could be placed against a wall using unobtanium obsolete backing plate *insert makers code here*.

Does anyone know the suitable material to do this, and what gap I need between heater and wall/ reflective material?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You'll find Truma have installation instructions for older heaters on their website. It's probably an SB1800. Otherwise research 90s caravan heater installation. They were normally fitted in a cut-out below the wardrobe. A half-box was fitted with the heater in the resultant recess.

OP
OP
E

Exasperant

Free Member
Apr 20, 2018
Funster No
I was given a half box (which seems to be for a different model, but the seller reckons it can be adapted), but in the instructions I've found so far there's no diagram/ image of this mythical wall backing for when you don't want to fit it recessed. I'm guessing you can simply use the standard padded foil stuff that goes behind household radiators, but I want to be completely sure, plus there's probably a minimum safe gap to leave.

I also need to work out how the cover is supposed to stay in place, but I can worry about that later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think Aluminium sheet will be fine.
They’re usually installed in front of a cupboard of some sort to allow space for a blown air unit to be fitted behind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back