No water from taps! (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2017
St Albans,
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Thought I would take the old girl out of winterization, closed the boiler dump valve, got the hose out, connected to water supply, put EHU on, pressed Fill on control panel and she filled up beautifully. Job almost done thinks I. Turned on hot water tap, a little splurge, followed by a throttling sort of noise. After a while closed it, tried bathroom hot tap. same thing, tried shower tap and same again. Tried cold water tap, no splurge, just a throttling sort of noise. Tried blowing and sucking on shower hose. Nothing. Could hear the pump working so thought Ah must have a blockage in the filter. Put her onto ramps and looked underneath, The poly type box (winterization) which is attached via 4 screws was half off (2 screws had pulled out). Took it of and the pump was hanging down, 2 of the 3 rubber mounts had come of so the unit was lopsided. Re attached the rubber lugs. Switched the pump on and Wey Hay, the hot/cold taps worked. The filter was quite clean. I think that the pump being lopsided caused an air lock.
So if you have similar water problems may be good to look at the pump......If you can get at it!!

Dide46

Free Member
May 3, 2017
County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
I must admit it seems a strange place to put the water pump outside the van exposed to the elements albeit in an insulated box, we were looking for ours and were amazed to find it outside our previous vans were internal! One positive if it does leak at least it’s outside the van.

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Bailey do seem to have trouble with where to mount the water pump ,on Mine it’s inside but only partly accessible through the floor hatch , you either have to drop the water tank or be a contortionist to reach the filter on the pump.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
There was a post on another forum where someone had the pump moved inside, directly above where it's mounted at the moment on the new 7 series van. Not sure how the warranty would work if the pump or associated pipes then leaked and flooded inside of the m/h.

Gorm-man

Free Member
Apr 9, 2018
Funster No
We have a Bailey 79-4T and having the same problem trying to get our water system back up and running after winter. We are very experienced and know how to fully drain down our water system completely. However, I note from the Whale website that the water pump should be fixed vertically and Bailey have fixed it horizontally under the floor on the outside of the motorhome. I agree withh the comment about the fixing screws, I found that they were overtightened and I have had to use bigger screws. I have tried everything possible checking all pipes, joints and the filter. No leaks and we still do not have a system that works. We will have to return yet again to our dealership. This is our first Bailey motorhome, we like the layout and the comfort however build quality and finish is very poor with 16 faults found within the first week after taking delivery new in June 2017. Our next motorhome will nit be another Bailey! Over the last forty years we have never experienced so many problems with a new vehicle, too much stress with this one.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you could try manually priming the pump. unscrew the shower head, turn on the shower tap and suck on the end of the hose. this will pull water into the pump diaphragm

LenSatW

Free Member
Mar 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 754
Exp
I feel a bit of a twit reporting this but perhaps this sorry tale might help some other poor unfortunate waterless soul like myself.

I also had little or no water from my taps after getting my Bailey Autograph 754 back from the dealer after its first habitation service.

When I tried filling up the fresh water tank the pump would push water out of an overflow pipe under the van near the back bumper.

I rang the dealer and they told me that as part of the winterisation process they had left the all the drain taps open to prevent freezing... including the Truma heater drain tap.

I had already closed off the other drain taps but I looked under the bed... and lo and behold, tucked down by the right hand side of the heater was a little plastic yellow tap pointing at the sky

I pushed the tap so it was flush with the pipe, turned the pump on from the control panel and BINGO! after a couple of minutes of pressurising the system the water gushed out of the hot and cold water taps like it was meant to.

A78DA0F7-BB2E-408E-AFC9-E577F89FD895.jpeg FAAD3BBB-D72F-4008-9538-6C1E62AFB93D.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back