Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Hi, we have just ordered a VLine 610 Sport and hopefully we should be collecting it in about 3 weeks time.
Although its a bit late to be seeking advice from anyone, it would be interesting to hear other people's opinions ( hopefully good) or any modifications that others have carried out.
Deck

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Nice Van. My advice would be to remove all of the short screws on the bed frame and replace with longer ones. The short screws tend to back off somewhat and can give problems. Also fit more screws where there are spaces available. I would also suggest that you fit additional supporting brackets around the inside of the seats and possibly 2 or 3, 1/2" square batons glued in place from the floor to the underside of the bed frame. The screws holding the frame to the wall can also back off resulting in collapse. These are easy fixes and will make the bed/settee more secure. Although I didn't have the same van, I had the same living configuration and that is what I had to do (especially at my wife's side:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:) All the best (y)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
........... or any modifications that others have carried out.

The only mod that I would make Deck is to replace the Autotrail badge with a Globecar decal.

You'll get more waves - honest:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nice Van. My advice would be to remove all of the short screws
I had the same living configuration and that is what I had to do (especially at my wife's side:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:) All the best (y)
Now I know what she meant when she said, she had a project in mind for all those spare screws, and asked me how tall I thought you were:Eeek:

OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years
Nice Van. My advice would be to remove all of the short screws on the bed frame and replace with longer ones. The short screws tend to back off somewhat and can give problems. Also fit more screws where there are spaces available. I would also suggest that you fit additional supporting brackets around the inside of the seats and possibly 2 or 3, 1/2" square batons glued in place from the floor to the underside of the bed frame. The screws holding the frame to the wall can also back off resulting in collapse. These are easy fixes and will make the bed/settee more secure. Although I didn't have the same van, I had the same living configuration and that is what I had to do (especially at my wife's side:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:) All the best (y)
Thanks for the info, I think the lack of and the size of screws is common with most makes, if you look at the Autosleepers forum this topic crops up quite often, although not a big issue on my A/S it did happen a few times.
PS ...... hope your other half doesn't read your threads.

Apr 30, 2013
Newark
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
30 years
Purchased a new Vline 635 this year, so far the 'status' aerial has come apart and the top part has blown away - awaiting approval form AT to replace. All the back opening windows have parted form the van !! On speaking to Brownhills technician to get it booked in, it seems AT now only 'bond' the windows, no screws, no pop rivets (which swift use). Found the rear window hinge on the drive!
Just come home on the hottest bank holiday with NO aircon. Couldn't open the windows because the air inside would blow the gaffa tape of the rear windows - the only thing holding them on.
Had the reversing camera replace - had filled with water. Not an auspicious beginning(n)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Purchased a new Vline 635 this year, so far the 'status' aerial has come apart and the top part has blown away - awaiting approval form AT to replace. All the back opening windows have parted form the van !! On speaking to Brownhills technician to get it booked in, it seems AT now only 'bond' the windows, no screws, no pop rivets (which swift use). Found the rear window hinge on the drive!
Just come home on the hottest bank holiday with NO aircon. Couldn't open the windows because the air inside would blow the gaffa tape of the rear windows - the only thing holding them on.
Had the reversing camera replace - had filled with water. Not an auspicious beginning(n)

Have you joined the Autotrail Dissatisfied Owners Club on Facebook yet. It is growing by the day and the extent of the problems being reported are huge.

Very sad to hear about your van - you just don't need $hit like that after parting with a pile of cash.

OP
OP
D

Deck

Free Member
Mar 14, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years

Sorry to hear about your new van. Hopefully you will get all the problems sorted out soon and then perhaps you can get out and enjoy your new van.
We are picking up our VLine 610 Sport tomorrow, fingers crossed [ and every thing else ] that we don't get the same amount of problems that you have had. Unfortunately we know that the odd issue is going to rear its ugly head, both of our previous vans [Autosleeper & Swift ]had problems but one came from a dealer that was a night mare to deal with, the other van came from the dealer that we have just ordered the new van from and is a pleasure to deal with, hopefully any problems that we do encounter will be sorted without a big fuss. Time will tell...:drinks:

Apr 30, 2013
Newark
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
30 years
Thanks for all the good wishes, yes I do believe most new vans do have 'teething' problems, just didn't expect it to be what is my opinion a poor construction method (windows).
I have had to have the front screen replaced, due to a stone hit and crack. Watched Autoglass do the job very professionally in bonding 'glass' to metal. I am now awaiting a one week delivery of new metal hinges from AT - to be bonded to metal? Hope it works. I noticed all the swift 'van' windows where riveted as well as having sealant.
The dealer has been helpful in getting the van in to get done, they only seem to have have a delivery from AT once a week.

Apr 30, 2013
Newark
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
30 years
Well now the 23rd - and still no news as to when we might get our 'new' van back with the windows fixed! Seems the dealer may have forgotten to pick up the parts?? So now over two weeks without the van, and cancelled bookings. where to next i wonder??

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Well now the 23rd - and still no news as to when we might get our 'new' van back with the windows fixed! Seems the dealer may have forgotten to pick up the parts?? So now over two weeks without the van, and cancelled bookings. where to next i wonder??

I would think a note to the dealer with "I wish to reject the vehicle" written at the top would help.

davebav

Free Member
Mar 25, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 620
Exp
7 yrs MH and 20 yrs tugging

davebav

Free Member
Mar 25, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 620
Exp
7 yrs MH and 20 yrs tugging
Nothing like a short screw in a V Line! We've had ours 15 months without any real problems except a dodgy water level gauge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back