motorhome carp anglers ???? (1 Viewer)

6028alan

Free Member
Apr 1, 2018
Funster No
hi everybody ...... recent new member with a passion for carp angling in france. Hence the purchase of a motorhome so I can park it next to some rivers and lakes , mainly in france. and fish ! Any club members have a similar interest ?

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I love fishing in France but spend most of my time trying to avoid catching carp! I believe that carp are the only fish you are allowed to fish for at night over there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
Full timer here, have been carp fishing since I could walk, but recently, (last 2 years), I have got heavily into predator fishing with lures / spinners in freshwater and saltwater, much more fun and active than carp fishing, but I still love the carp.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I love fishing in France but spend most of my time trying to avoid catching carp! I believe that carp are the only fish you are allowed to fish for at night over there?

Me too, love fishing for tench but as always you never know what your going to get.. .

Cought on sweetcorn on a chateau lake on a 3.5lb hook length.... took a little while to coax in ..:D2

A4DEEAE4-504A-44F1-BBAE-0573EFC86D14.jpeg

OP
OP

6028alan

Free Member
Apr 1, 2018
Funster No
thanks for replies .... i say carp fishing , but i love fishing the rivers .... for anything really. Just looking for any recommended spots where I can park up riverside and fish

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! We stayed at an aire beside the Yonne last year and there were a few carp anglers there. It may be a river but it is more like a wide canal. It is slightly north of Gurgy and listed on the Campercontact website or in their app as #2067.

OP
OP

6028alan

Free Member
Apr 1, 2018
Funster No
ok ... thanks for that . the river Yonne is a great carp river ,.. will have a look at that aire

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
The fishing in France i find brilliant ,Lots of places to fish .Personally i like the river Aisne which i think you can catch about everything .most big fish never caught before .There is big fish to be had along its length .But them that fancy fishing in France make sure you get your Carte De PECHE (Licence). If they catch you fishing without a licence they confiscate your gear for a couple of weeks ,which means most go home without getting there gear back ,plus a fine .This year my Annual licence was 96 euros , I think the weekly one is about 36 Euros.Enjoy lol

OP
OP

6028alan

Free Member
Apr 1, 2018
Funster No
Yes , I have the carte de peche as I've fished in france for 20 yrs +n , but now with my newly acquired camper i want to fish more rivers and public waters where i can park right next to the water and have alittle luxury instead of a small bivvy

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
thanks for replies .... i say carp fishing , but i love fishing the rivers .... for anything really. Just looking for any recommended spots where I can park up riverside and fish
If it's UK then the riverside caravan park Bridgnorth takes some beating. Only thing a bit expensive, but fishing is only a couple of quid. Arley is a good spot also walk past the pub to fish then don't walk past the pub on way back lol

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
We stayed at campercontact 14230 at Montjean recently. Great Lake for fishing and a tackle shop at reception. Friendly couple that run the place and €5 a night including electric (y). There were a couple of folk fishing all night while we were there.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I used to enjoy carp fishing when luncheon meat, maggots or floating crust were the "recognised" baits!!(y):)

Nowadays I see anglers pushing a handcart full of gear (sweating their ***** off in this weather) and then when they arrive at the bank it takes them longer to set up than it used to take me to set my caravan up including the awning!!! Then out comes the selection of baits - mainly boilies - curried ones blackcurrant ones special mix ones etc. etc. a landing net big enough to catch a whale and a minimum of 3 rods all complete with the latest electronic bite alarms!!:cautious::confused:

I still enjoy fishing but for coarse fish I now much prefer roach, rudd, perch & and even the occasional skimmer bream or tench!! - one rod & well filled fixed spool reel, floats, hooks, pinch on weights,a pint of maggots & a loaf of bread and that's it!! :)(y)

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Full timer here, have been carp fishing since I could walk, but recently, (last 2 years), I have got heavily into predator fishing with lures / spinners in freshwater and saltwater, much more fun and active than carp fishing, but I still love the carp.

Same here, have you got that non treatable condition - buying lures !

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Doesn't that just ruin your day? You'll find a jug of ale & a Cornish pasty very pleasurable. It's supposed to be fun :).

That is a given (I'm rather partial to ale & pasties) :)

However it is difficult to get beer to stay on the hook and trying to cast a pasty would probably break the rod (or my shoulder) ;)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
one rod & well filled fixed spool reel, floats, hooks, pinch on weights,a pint of maggots & a loaf of bread and that's it!! :)(y)
You forgot the Spam! No, not for bait but to put on your loaf!:)

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
I have stayed at a few sites that have carp pools. I usually enjoy chatting the the anglers. I did fancy having a go but it looks like you need a lot of gear plus some knowledge of how to handle the fish properly. I lack both.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
All fishermen must be a little OCD (OK a lot) in their compulsion to buy more and more tackle and the latest must haves.

According to my lovely long suffering wife that is!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back