Help - Encore 255 leisure battery location (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
i am intending to go to the dealer to thoroughly check over our new Moho prior to handover and have read owners hand book From cover to cover and whist it mentions auto charging and min voltages of leisure battery absolutely no mention or picture of the actual location.

I have even done a google search and no joy so last hope is a helpful funster please.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
@icantremember handover will be a bit late to test if charging correctly so have arranged to check over Moho before hand over to make sure no problems and don’t want to have bother them anymore than I have to do trying to do sufficient research.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@rb62 ironically more info about leisure battery location in sales info than owners manual.

I don’t remember seeing a floor hatch like the baileys so still none the wiser to location

Aug 16, 2015
Evesham
Funster No
MH
C class elddis
Exp
Newbie, long time caravaner
If it is the same as my 2015 then the battery boxes are in the floor under the bed. They can be accessed by lifting the bed or through the side locker door. Both have plastic covers held down with plastic knurled nuts. The back one is a bit fiddly to get to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
@Paul & Elaine Thank you, for the info. Just seems minor cosmetic changes over last couple of years so should be in the same position.

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
If it is the same as my 2015 then the battery boxes are in the floor under the bed. They can be accessed by lifting the bed or through the side locker door. Both have plastic covers held down with plastic knurled nuts. The back one is a bit fiddly to get to.

Same in the 2016 as well, so I would think it’s the same.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Reading 'Key features' it says 2x underfloor

http://www.elddis.co.uk/elddis/encore/encore-255

I think it says "space" for 2 batteries, only 1 supplied.

Can anyone on here tell me if it's just a case of buying another battery and fitting, are all the connections there for the 2nd battery, or isn't it that simple?? I am picking my used 255 up on Saturday and my dealer is fitting a 100w solar panel to the 1 battery, will that complicate the fitting of the second battery?

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
Hi,

My dealer added a second leisure battery to our new 255 and only charged the cost of the battery itself so would imagine the wiring and probably connectors are already there.

If wiring is already there as I suspect wiring in a solar panel should not make a difference.

Solar panel - good addition especially if wired in to engine battery as well

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Hi,

My dealer added a second leisure battery to our new 255 and only charged the cost of the battery itself so would imagine the wiring and probably connectors are already there.

If wiring is already there as I suspect wiring in a solar panel should not make a difference.

Solar panel - good addition especially if wired in to engine battery as well

All this electrikery is so complicating, I'm hoping they cover all this charging stuff on the handover, but I fear they will be trying to imput data when the hard drive is already at capacity, i.e it will go straight in one ear and......you get the picture!

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Mine came with two batteries already fitted, I think it was delivered from the manufacturer like that.

If not all the cables are there ready to connect a 2nd.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Great news, lifted the 2nd leisure battery cover up and underneath was a 105ah battery, so that's two batteries and the 100w solar panel up top!! just need to get the alugas fitted.

Ady

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back