Advice for storage in Alicante. (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Hi all, having a bit of trouble finding a home for my camper in Spain. My aunty was supposed to be looking after it in return for free use of it when ever they wanted. Apparently they don't like no power steering and I'm getting the vibe they would prefer it removed from their property.....

Anyway, long story short, I am thinking of flying over there in the next couple of weeks and as I really don't want to take it back to the UK I am thinking about keeping it in storage. Anyone have any recommendations of storage facilities over there? I'm looking for somewhere near Alicante as I can easily get direct flights to there.

Was told about Victoria parking at the airport but their website doesn't actually say motorhomes just cars, minivans and caravans. Anyone tried them?

Or what about trying to get a good deal on a site, do they allow you to use a pitch as storage?

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Victoria do take motorhomes but it's not a cheap option, it's double the car rate of €5 a night!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
What about trying campsites in the area quite a few do storage
Thanks there is quite a lot of sites to choose from, I was hoping somebody could narrow it down a wee bit. Maybe someone has used a site near Alicante for storage before.

Victoria do take motorhomes but it's not a cheap option, it's double the car rate of €5 a night!
They seem quite reasonable to me. You can get a quote on their website and it was giving me a price of 50 euros for a month based on a car. I tried it for a caravan (hoping a motorhome would be similar) and I got a reasonable quote for the length of time I am wanting to keep it there. It was roughly 200 euros.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks there is quite a lot of sites to choose from, I was hoping somebody could narrow it down a wee bit. Maybe someone has used a site near Alicante for storage before.

They seem quite reasonable to me. You can get a quote on their website and it was giving me a price of 50 euros for a month based on a car. I tried it for a caravan (hoping a motorhome would be similar) and I got a reasonable quote for the length of time I am wanting to keep it there. It was roughly 200 euros.

Maybe they discount longer stays. We usually only use them for up to a week.

The Spanish tend to call motorhomes caravans shortening autocaravanas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back