Free Member
Jun 5, 2017
Kirriemuir
Funster No
MH
STILL LOOKING
Exp
since 2004
Hi, ex Volkswagen t5 camper owner looking for a La Strada, I am particularly interested in the Sprinter based Regents, but looking at other's with the drop down bed, would really like to hear from owners regarding the various engines. My budget, I think will limit me to late nineties to early/mid 2000 models, it seems even within a few years there are different diesel engines, 2.9d 212 or 210 and the 2.2 cdt, could anyone advise on the differences with regard to performance, economy(mpg) and servicing. Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't know if this is of any interest:

OP
OP
M

mcubbin

Free Member
Jun 5, 2017
Kirriemuir
Funster No
MH
STILL LOOKING
Exp
since 2004
Thanks I have seen that, nice looking van, but no drop down bed in that model.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There's an Avanti for sale ... petrol version which, with the current downer on diesels, might be a good investment! :D

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
M

mcubbin

Free Member
Jun 5, 2017
Kirriemuir
Funster No
MH
STILL LOOKING
Exp
since 2004
Thanks for that, had a look seems expensive for the year, low mileage but maybe too low, its probably been sitting around for most of its life. Also not sure about the petrol I intend going to Europe regularly.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The late nineties 2.9TD on the Regent is a cracking, solid reliable engine, with good servicing should last a lifetime. It is widely considered much more reliable than the later(from year 2000/2001) cdi units.
I have posted this ditty a few times, from an old mechanic mate of mine when talking about Merc engines.
''If the gearstick's on the floor, look around and buy some more
But if the gearstick's on the dash, get outa there in a flash''

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back