Thank You Avtex! (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
When I changed my motorhome just over two years, ago I decided to go for a couple of
Avtex TV`s after reading on here and else where they were one of the best makes on the
market.They had worked flawlessly untill last week when the sound stopped working on
the lounge one.Abit pi$$ed off I emailed Avtex saying what had happened,and to my surprise
I received an email the next day giving me a phone number to call.I duly called and after trying
a couple of things he said to parcel it up and they would send in a courier to collect it.They collected
it last Thursday,and it was repaired and delivered back to me at no charge on Monday afternoon!

So a big thank you to Avtex!(y)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Had 4 Avtex TV's.Had a problem with one of them and found them a delight to deal with.Great for a small company.Wish some of the larger companies would be so good when you get a problem!!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I've had two Avtex tv's and happy with the sets but wasn't impressed at their attitude when France went to full HD. They just said, that's one of the sets affected. No solution but there was!
Guess what my new TV is? It's a non Avtex.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Had 4 Avtex TV's.Had a problem with one of them and found them a delight to deal with.Great for a small company.Wish some of the larger companies would be so good when you get a problem!!
I presume that the cost of their excellent service is included in the price of their TVs. They are certainly expensive compared to other brands.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I presume that the cost of their excellent service is included in the price of their TVs. They are certainly expensive compared to other brands.
images (5)_1.jpg

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I think Avtex TV’s are overrated and definitely overpriced,I’ve bought 3 and now only 1 is working correctly on both 15inch sets the dvd player failed on one and the internal tuner failed on the other when I phoned Avtex they didn’t really want to know they said it could cost around £130 to repair the one with faulty DVD player and probably more to replace faulty tuner,and THEY suggested I would be better off Scrapping them, so much for after sales must be something to do with my Welsh accent, I have just bought a new set a Samsung would never buy another Overpriced Avtex, there’s a lot more choice out there now.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I can't fault them either. Very nice to deal with and great service. I would rather pay a little extra for a good service than buy cheap with little aftercare.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Avtex are great at repair and customer service because they have no choice and a whole load of practice.
Their products are ( in my experience) crap.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The Avtex TV can run on 12 VDC & 240V AC which is why they are great for caravans & MH,s
Does Samsung run on 12 VDC?
What other TVs run on 12 VDC other than Avtex?
Thats one of the reasons maybe they are expensive & they have a built in DVD player.
you would need an inverter when wilding or off EHU without a 12 VDC input TV, so maybe that price of that should be allowed for when placed up against The Avtex

Just asking
Les

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
The Avtex TV can run on 12 VDC & 240V AC which is why they are great for caravans & MH,s
Thats one of the reasons maybe they are expensive & they have a built in DVD player.
you would need an inverter when wilding or off EHU without a 12 VDC input TV, so maybe that price of that should be allowed for when placed up against The Avtex

Just asking
Les
Cello do a 12v one and if you look around at current TV,s I'm sure there are more. I just go into shops and look at the small black box connected to the power cord. That is voltage reduction device. Tesco had about 3 that were reduced down to 12vdc.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I bought a 32 inch Avtex when I bought the new van and have to say I am far from impressed with it, especially for the price. My particular unit kept randomly shutting down. You would switch it back on and it may do the same in 10 minutes or in 10 days, but it would do it. I called Avtex and they discussed the power supply may be an issue. I explained I changed the supply out with the one in the bedroom which is also Avtex and the issue was the same. They then spoke about having a courier come and collect it and it would be returned in 48 hours. Easier said than done as the TV is on an electric bracket which raises and lowers from the back of the top cabinets. I have done nothing and it is working fine (bet I regret saying that) at the moment.
Avtex is certainly not the premium product I assumed I was paying an inflated price for. When you view the lovely Samsung sleek, frameless models for almost the same price you feel robbed

Perhaps Jim could set up a review for Avtex?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We started off with a 19" Cello TV/DVD some years ago as it was about the cheapest available at the time. It was sort of ok but the viewing angle and sound were rubbish.
Next van moved onto a 21.5" Finlux TV/DVD. People have complained about the sound quality of the Finlux but we found it ok and the picture quality was very good.
Tried the DVD when it first arrived and it work if not a little noisy. Six month on while in Spain, thought I would start watching the Allo Allo boxset I got for two Xmas's ago but the DVD side of the TV was dead. One of the worst experiences I have ever had was dealing for 3 month with Finlux customer services and their out sourced repairers and for that reason alone I would never ever have anything to do with anything Finlux again.
Our present van did not have a TV fitted when we purchased it, so as the intention was to fit a self seeking satellite dish we wanted a TV/DVD/satellite all in one unit.
Always fancied an Avtex because of the praise heaped upon them by the likes of you users out there in Motorhome Fun land but I had a metal problem justifying their cost.
Scouting around for suitable TV combo we were offered the latest Avtex 21.5" TV/DVD/satellite at a price that I could live with. Set it all up and went to use it for the first time and what a disappointment with the grainy picture quality over the Finlux. Tried different setups but in my opinion this one may be all singing and dancing but the picture quality is crap.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

Just asking
Les
Well yes Avtex does do that and so does my Aldi tv which was under £140.00 and a 3 year guarantee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back