ERWIN HYMER GROUP (TRAVELWORLD) (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
This thread is for the general discussion of the Motorhome Dealer TRAVELWORLD. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Brian and Jo posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
milliethehymer posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
stewartwebr posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Brian and Jo posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
TizzyOnTour posted a on the Motorhome Dealer

Reactions: Jim

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
I worked for Travelworld near Telford as a Technician for circa 15 months.
It was a good company to work for.
Buyers of motorhome's were encouraged to park next door for a day or so to try out their new or used vans to ensure everything was satisfactory and that they were happy before they left.

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
I worked for Travelworld near Telford as a Technician for circa 15 months.
It was a good company to work for.
Buyers of motorhome's were encouraged to park next door for a day or so to try out their new or used vans to ensure everything was satisfactory and that they were happy before they left.
I don't doubt you, whilst visiting Telford and their new premises at Stafford, the staff have always been friendly and polite. And as can be seen from the review, my handover was good - 4*.

However, I have owned the van for about 3.5 years and in that time it has been off the road for 9mths. Could you imagine Ross or Annabel Edward's owning their nice cars for 3yrs and putting up with them being off the road for 9mths? They would not tolerate it!

As I said, I have had several faults that I've not mentioned. They have been fixed on my next visit (I've had a few). But I have 3 main issues......
1. The door is recognized by Hymer as a problem. They retrofit a door straightener. When it was in Telford having ours fitted, the fitter said to me "it's a big problem, we've got quite a few vans around the back waiting to have them fitted"! If it's such a recognized problem, why have I had to go back and fore there numerous times to get it sorted? 250 miles each time.
2. As a technician, I'm sure you'll now how to tighten a jubilee clip on a hosepipe. You may even think I'm taking the p*ss in mentioning it. I am not. The fitter that did my recall work didn't and it resulted in me breaking down and causing chaos high up on an Alpine road. My misses went into meltdown and who can blame her?
3. Their process of fixing issues. I email Parveen or Rebecca notice of a problem, they reply requesting a photo. I send them a photo, they reply notifying me that they'll order the part. We book the van in for a few weeks later when they supposedly have the part and they then can't fix it because they haven't got the part! Why bother with the photo and then why subsequently book it in? On another occasion I picked the van up after a habitation service to be told that 2 separate small pieces of trim were broken. The van was still in warranty, why didn't they just fix the trim? One was just a small rubber seal on the Heki skylight, they have it in stock. No, we'll need to book it in for a return visit. 250 miles.
As I said...... Caveat Emptor.

Terry

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
And this is typical.......

Having left a review on Fun last night, this morning I've had an email off them tell me that the parts are in stock. You couldn't make it up!

I know there has been C19 but both Hymer and Travelworld were only closed for about a month, why has it taken 5mths to get the part? You can order something from China on Fleabay and it's here in a week. Why does it take a bad review to prompt a response?
How long have they been sat on the parts and my motorhome been out of use?

So many questions, don't it just sap your will to live šŸ¤£šŸ˜”šŸ¤£šŸ˜”

Terry

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Sorry to hear you have had issues with your van especially away from your home.
250 miles is a long way to travel for a warranty repair.
Hope that they fix your van soon and maybe compensate you for your inconvenience as a valued customer.
T.W. is a very busy Motorhome Dealership and they do try hard to be the best place to buy from.

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Sorry to hear you have had issues with your van especially away from your home.
250 miles is a long way to travel for a warranty repair.
Hope that they fix your van soon and maybe compensate you for your inconvenience as a valued customer.
T.W. is a very busy Motorhome Dealership and they do try hard to be the best place to buy from.
Thanks for your comments. I did try for compensation back last year but no chance. Nevermind the inconvenience, I was just looking for a contribution towards fuel but they were not forthcoming. I am aware that they have done this for others, my friend has had fuel costs for his repeated journeys from Manchester(replacing the floor under warranty).
They do talk about being the best place to buy and for us the buying experience was very good, it was just badly let down by the aftersales service.
Yes, they are very busy, their turnover in 2018 was over Ā£20 million. I do not begrudge in anyway a family business being successful, I am fully supportive of that type of company and try to patronize them. But for me you hit the nail on the head - they're so busy chasing custom that they have taken their eye off the aftersales service.
What they have forgotten is that a satisfied customer does all their advertising for them whilst a disgruntled one not only doesn't go back but also shares his dissatisfaction.

Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back