Free Member
Jul 16, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
First year almost done!
Following an incident involving my 3 year old grand daughter playing with our Truma heating/hot water controls (positioned by the front door at perfect height for a toddler) my life has been 'frozen" as it seemed as though my Combi was throwing a hissy fit! It simply failed to light up, nothing, nada. The control panel was dead!
I had however failed to notice my wife tidying the pots and pans cupboard (behind the aforementioned controls mounted location).
We spent a very cold week in Bath last week and despite numerous calls to various entities pleading for help, our only option was a wait for another 2 weeks before we could get it looked at.
A chance meeting with a friend, a caravaner, and my tale of woe resulted in a phone number and a recommendation of someone who should be able to help.
One telephone call later and a couple of hours wait and he duly arrived, carried out a quick systematic check of my leisure batteries for drop off, they were fine. A fuse check, all okay, then removal and resetting of the cable at the back of the control unit and said Truma bursts into life!
We believe the problem was a combination of a cable being pulled and a dry connection.
One very happy owner here and if anyone needs the number of the gentleman who fixed this, please let me know.
BTW we are in the North Kent area.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When we bought our present motorhome just over two years ago the technician who did the handover actually showed us how to remove the control panel and disconnect the lead, count to twenty and replace.

He said that the panels sometimes went into what he described, with a laugh, as "sulk mode". The procedure was necessary to reboot the panel.

As it happens, we have never had to do it as the panel has worked well.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Had a problem with our thetford fridge this year in the summer heat the nice bloke in france did the same it worked and he charged nothing!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back