Human HB1000s (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have a Humax HB1000s freesat box which I run straight from 12volt, I bought a 12volt lead rather than chop the original plug off and I have a problem when using it on 12volt. I get a black pulsing on it, a very quick black flashing and it comes up with weak signal banner when I change channel and then it takes ages to go to channel, I know it's got a good signal.
This happened yesterday after driving for 3 hours so I know batteries are up, but this never happens when on hook-up but still, running of 12volt
I straight away put my old free to air receiver on and that worked fine all night
Any thoughts.

Deleted User
The Humax dc adaptor is rated at 12volt 5 amp so could it be caused by voltage drop when connected to your 12v supply. Would be worth checking actual voltage when connected up.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
OP Whilst I am not criticising your typing ability, the subject matter of your post is not as exciting as thread title hinted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
OP Whilst I am not criticising your typing ability, the subject matter of your post is not as exciting as thread title hinted.
Sorry, obviously I didn't spot the auto spell mistake!!:oops:

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The Humax dc adaptor is rated at 12volt 5 amp so could it be caused by voltage drop when connected to your 12v supply. Would be worth checking actual voltage when connected up.
I think you could be right, I put the box on another feed and that was ok.
So I will have to re do the feed for TV and box in heavier wire.
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back