Recommendations: Full Motorhome Cover (1 Viewer)

QuantumX

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
So I live on top of a mountain, which is very exposed to weather especially in winter, i don't have anywhere to store the van in my grounds that is not going to be exposed.

So i was thinking of getting a full motorhome cover, one that ain't too expensive <£150 ideally, maybe a tad more.. My MH is 7.5m Long.

Any recommendations?

I was thinking something like this?
https://www.leisureoutlet.com/carav...reen-breathable-full-motorhome-cover--70m-75m

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We had a full cover for our caravan and it was so much effort and hard work to put on we never used it. You have to thoroughly wash the van first as any dirt will rub your paint work as the wind moves your cover. It is very heavy and you have to lift it up on poles to get it over the roof and as you get tired it catches on the skylight etc. When securing the cover down you have to make sure that the straps do not rub the body work.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Beware of damp and mould if you use a full cover - as you'll be blocking the ventilation vents.
Why not just leave it without one - most people do without any issues; motorhomes are waterproof.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We live in a similar place, high up on the moors, over 1100ft above sea level.

Its extremely stormy and I mean extremely, its rains for fun, it rains upwards, snows, blizzards, heavy roof tiles off the house.

The cover would last 2 minutes on our van, we had a bike cover once and that was last seen flying eastwards above 300 metres up.

If you knew how many pairs of my wife's knickers have blown off the washing line you wouldn't even be asking the question.

Don't do it.

For a coach built van with loads of seams in a very sheltered location then I would consider one after the van is spotlessly clean before putting it on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back