Morocco 2018 (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
Anyone know what has happened to the turtles at Bou Jerif. I realise this is different time of the year for us and the river isn't flowing but some large stagnant pools. Just wondering if this an annual event. Flushed through when rain comes and they reinstste when river is flowing again.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for that Canopus, do they allow passengers to stay in van for crossing to Tangier Med ? I have a dog that gets very stressed in the van on ferry if he is left alone - last year he dismantled a door frame during the Calais - Dover crossing, I had to hide in the van with him on the return leg - he slept all the way over :LOL:

Last year we went with FRS instead of Balearia, we were allowed to take Max on the deck with us, he was not allowed into the seating area tho, so to get your passport stamped one of us had to say with the dog while the other got it sorted

mr moo

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
VW van conversion
Exp
on & off for some time!
ferry booked to santander mid-january 2018 then heading down to Morocco as well! Big excitement as this will be our first visit here.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I'm thinking of doing a Morocco trip in our Motorhome. What is putting me off is two years ago I did a trip in our Defender and I'm still finding sand in it now. We did spend the three weeks going through the desert.

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi All, We have have been given a price of 180e for an open return crossing over about the 7th Jan 18.
To get discount I have to log the Names (as on passport) and mh reg number. so please pm me with details.
We will be at carols by 06.01.18. I need names and reg by 30.12.17 to guarantee price, This is for the open return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
The price has been confirmed twice yes it for an open return.
Friends who went last year also only charged 180e for open return. They travelled in March.
They did explain that it is all due to numbers crossing.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We would like to be in on the 180 e price for Morocco,we were planning on3/4 the Jan 2018.we will be in beni for Xmas and then down to algerceras after the 1st Jan ,thanks.will forward details when we are in beni in December, currently in Port ugal making our way south ,slowly.

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
That's great @Jimbohorlicks, will look forward to seeing you. Our plan is to arrive at La linea about the 3/4th Jan. Couple of days to do the Moroccan shopping in Gib then cross over. I have told Carlos daughter we hope to sail around the 7th. Anyone wanting to cross over at the same time please pm me with names of all people in the vehicle and vehicle reg. As I have said previously they want to get as much of the paperwork ready before we arrive.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
All you Moroccan bound Funstets will be pleased to know that the burnt out Lidl at Palmones is refurbished and open again. Still no parking at the area in front of Carlos though. Height barriers still there.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
All you Moroccan bound Funstets will be pleased to know that the burnt out Lidl at Palmones is refurbished and open again. Still no parking at the area in front of Carlos though. Height barriers still there.

The "new" parking area is the next road back, just about behind the barriered bit of ground (which I believe is/was Carrefour overspill parking area). There was talk of this new area being fenced but I've heard nothing more. Is the area you mean @Armytwowheels Sandra?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The "new" parking area is the next road back, just about behind the barriered bit of ground (which I believe is/was Carrefour overspill parking area). There was talk of this new area being fenced but I've heard nothing more. Is the area you mean @Armytwowheels Sandra?
I am talking about the bit of ground that is supposed to be the Carrefour overspill, which used to have the height barrier at the far end (opposite end to Carlos's office, but open at the end near his office (if you are following me), this entrance is now hight barriered and not a single vehicle on there. The land further back from that, had lorries parked on it yesterday and only one motorhome.

The carpark in between Leroy Merlin and the (still) unused unit, going towards Mercadonna had about 15 motorhomes there at 3 in the afternoon.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It's the bit where the lorries are parking I'm thinking of. There was no indication at the time we were there about restrictions etc.

The area close by Mercadonna was always empty.

Bobbys

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
Hi....a couple of Morocco questions if I can.

Planning on going in March with my merc 609, but need to come back to uk in Apr , so intend to fly home and back leaving van in morocco for 6 weeks. Anyone done this?

And:
How do people insure vans for in excess of 90 days....my insurance co is adamant that they can only give comprehensive cover for 90days.....I don't need comp cover...3rd party is fine.
Thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Hi....a couple of Morocco questions if I can.

Planning on going in March with my merc 609, but need to come back to uk in Apr , so intend to fly home and back leaving van in morocco for 6 weeks. Anyone done this?

And:
How do people insure vans for in excess of 90 days....my insurance co is adamant that they can only give comprehensive cover for 90days.....I don't need comp cover...3rd party is fine.
Thanks
you may find it hassle . its possible but you would normally have to leave the van under the care of moroccan customs . they wont let you leave just by parking in a campsite etc . i know some have left vehicles at agadir airport over the years but lots hassle .
some companies insure for 365 days depends on the company and what happened 4 years ago might not this or next year.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
QUOTE="Bobbys, post: 2575577, member: 51296"]Thanks....any idea how would they know you had left it?....[/QUOTE]
I think the CIN number that gets stamped in your passport, when you first go into Maroc is linked to your van, the visa papers that you complete when you entre the country last for 3 months, if you need longer you can extend this at some of the bigger campsites.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
QUOTE="Bobbys, post: 2575577, member: 51296"]Thanks....any idea how would they know you had left it?....
I think the CIN number that gets stamped in your passport, when you first go into Maroc is linked to your van, the visa papers that you complete when you entre the country last for 3 months, if you need longer you can extend this at some of the bigger campsites.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Moroccan Border Control knows from your passport that you entered with a vehicle and you cannot leave Morocco without your van without paying Import duty on its value. Even on an old van that would be a lot of money.
It is apparently fairly easy to leave the van in bond at Marrakech airport - here is a helpful thread but it is from 2009 and things may have changed since.
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/morocco/leaving-car-morocco-few-days-47958

Darcar

Free Member
Oct 27, 2016
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario
Exp
Since 1975
You can get your van (CIN) transferred from one passport to another, if someone else is staying with your vehicle. I did this at the port in Agadir a few years back.
Darcar.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
slightly off course. but 10 yrs ago my neighbour here took one of my m,bikes into morocco. there was some confusion when he left and they didnt take it off on the computer. he got grief the next winter when entering morocco and leaving .
the next winter i took that m,bike into morocco got computered in and out and got all the stamps on me exit paper. i still have all my in and outs for morocco. he still gets grief . we have actually shown my papers etc but it seems last winter he was still having grief.
luckily he kept the exit papers that say he took the bike out all that time ago.
even 20 yrs ago they could follow in and out on computers in morocco. have known other hassles over the years . in the 70,s they used to book surfboards and push bikes in on your passport.
if you broke a surfboard you had to still take it out and make sure they cancelled the import on your passport.
just remember its your job to try and confuse them as much as you can. its really just a game .
sometimes its better to keep getting a new passport so they have a harder job following you in and out . they love that happening.

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
We were thinking of going to Sicily in January 10th 16th. Always wanted to go to Morocco it looks a great place for funster in winter. We have changed our minds and now heading to Morocco. If I can get the information required i.e. dogs in Morocco, campsites and ferries. going for three months any advice appreciated also time smart car trailer any problems thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back