Traction plus any good (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Anybody got this on their Fiat Ducato, is it any good, does it work on wet grass, snow, inclines etc or is it just a fancy gimmick.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yes i have. Tried it once on wet grass and had no slip. Do not think it would do much good on snow or deep mud but it surely helps.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Helps on steep wet roads with poor grip if you have a light front end. On our last van used it a few times in those conditions and got me going front axle was only around 1630kg, new van it is over 1900kg on the front so not had any problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Yes it does work.We used it about a month ago at a CL in Derbyshire called Tax Farm.(surprisingly the name never put us off) great CL with views to die for.But the entry road is not for the faint hearted,but don’t let it put you off staying there(y).it is very steep and it was wet the morning we left but with the traction plus on the front wheel drive Fiat got up with very little slip.(y)
Brian & Jo

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
It is a take off from 4x4 world and works by braking the slipping wheel and thereby using the diff to put drive into the stopped gripping wheel , it relies on like an abs in reverse . They are effective on 4x4 (Landrover) but you usually need to give it a bit to get it to work well.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
That and selecting second gear on the comfortmatic box took us off wet grass no probs
Pity i forgot that when trying to get up the leveling ramps when we arrived!

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We have traction plus, but haven't needed to use it... yet!

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Looks like we will be getting Grip control, the Peugeot equivalent.

Last edited:

darlobob

Free Member
Oct 15, 2016
Northwich
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2013
Drove over Hardknott Pass at the weekend. Made it without putting Traction plus on but did get some wheel spin and axle tramp on wet patches. I'll remember the Traction plus if I am ever mad enough to do it again.
Using that much fuel (miles in first gear) totally screwed the range function on the computer (stuck on 45 miles left with a quarter of a tank of fuel) and hasn't changed after many miles of normal running. Any one recognise the problem?

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
It enabled us to drive off a very muddy pitch at the Broadlands show this April just about everybody else had to be towed off.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Drove over Hardknott Pass at the weekend. Made it without putting Traction plus on but did get some wheel spin and axle tramp on wet patches. I'll remember the Traction plus if I am ever mad enough to do it again.
Using that much fuel (miles in first gear) totally screwed the range function on the computer (stuck on 45 miles left with a quarter of a tank of fuel) and hasn't changed after many miles of normal running. Any one recognise the problem?
Think it’s only for pulling off not driving along, mind you if you were in first gear same difference!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back