Vivaro conversion (1 Viewer)

matw1

Free Member
Oct 16, 2017
Funster No
Hey all, hope your not getting to beat up in the storm
noit really noticed here in southampton, although our yard broom fell over earlier and i saw a empty pack of crisps fly past the window in the wind, was kinda looking forward to it ( the storm not the crisps )

ok, so i bought a 2012 vivaro for work
and i would like to make it into a 2 berth camper, was thinking of adding an awning with sown i ground sheet so i can have others sleep when needed

i dont need much room for the work stuff, just a few toll boxes and a few other bits

i was thinking of a raised bed with storage under neath that i can get to from the back doors

also we head off into the highlands a fair bit so was thinking about heat, would a multi fuel fire be ok in the vivaro or would it only work in a bigger van?

is it hard to add windows and one of those pop out roofs?

thanks all

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Adding windows is easy. A quick phone call and a chap will fit one for you, although Ed China shows how to do it on Wheeler Dealers.
When designing your van, remember that one of the virtues of a Motorhome, is the ease with which you can be up and away.
Your basic needs could be a bed, a toilet, heating and water. Most other things make life better.

Darcar

Free Member
Oct 27, 2016
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario
Exp
Since 1975
Have you checked out motorhomefun's sister fourm. . It's called
Diymotorhome.co.uk well worth a look and very friendly bunch of self build nutters. All very helpful and plenty of experience in building motorhomes.
Darcar.

OP
OP
matw1

matw1

Free Member
Oct 16, 2017
Funster No
Diymotorhome.co.uk well worth a look and very friendly bunch of self build nutters. All very helpful and plenty of experience in building motorhomes.
Darcar.
thank you

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Darcar.
How did I not know that existed :confused:
(thanks)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
its taken over from sbmcc for many people

Cheers @mitzimad - I had no idea :)

Wish I had known as re-joined SBMCC at the weekend as doing another build. Is it still fairly busy there? Not used it for a few years.
(I've paid my membership but they quote up to 2 weeks to activate so can't look yet).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back