Free Member
Jul 19, 2017
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Hymer B668
Exp
Since 2009
Dish working perfectly this morning just thirty miles away from where we are now in perpignan. When i activate the control panel a message is displayed saying LNB Error.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Forgive me for i am new........does that mean i can contact him by clicking directly on that link. ☺️
no by putting the @ sign before a user name notifies the member that they were mentioned in the thread. Anthony works for oysters uk agent sat tech and knows his stuff being chief technician. any dealer you ask to fix your satellite system would send it to Anthony anyway,
he may be on tomorrow morning otherwise will probably be Monday

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
You may well have now moved out of the footprint for the satellite, the cutoff is in the area you are in.

Astra2d-footprint.jpg

Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stand Off

Stand Off

Free Member
Jul 19, 2017
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Hymer B668
Exp
Since 2009
Well for some reason the dish has locked on this morning and all warnings have stopped. I can now happily record my super league games this afternoon. Thanks everyone.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I often find that completely powering down the system, not just standby, clears errors. For example we are in Algarve and our Oyster sat for internet should be out of footprint. It worked 30 miles away but not here so a switch on and off forced a complete new search and lock on!

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
You may well have now moved out of the footprint for the satellite, the cutoff is in the area you are in.
Cheers
Ed

That map (from SES Astra IIRC) was used to show the theoretical dish sizes required for the UK beam of the UK TV satellites - published before the satellites were launched.
Actual reception and required dish sizes vary.
And the actual beam covers quite a large area...it does not simply stop at the 120cm mark...as per the fact I can get UK beam channels on my 80cm dish here in Valencia!
And it does not show the reception for the European beam either - which carries most of the Sky pay channels, and can be used to help systems to lock on better than frequencies on the UK beam which may not be available

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning,

Late getting to this one so sorry for that.
LNB error on your Oyster most probably means that there is a short on the F Connector at the LNB.
Vibrations through travelling could make or break the connection so I fear you may see this error again at some point although the good news is that the fix is to simply cut off the connector and fit a new one.
If you would like to carry this fix out yourself then we can supply the crimp connectors we use, you can contact a TV or Satellite repair man who should be able to carry out the work or you are more than welcome to book in to have the work carried out by ourselves.
If you'd like any further help then please feel free to contact me on 01858575928

OP
OP
Stand Off

Stand Off

Free Member
Jul 19, 2017
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Hymer B668
Exp
Since 2009
Good morning,

Late getting to this one so sorry for that.
LNB error on your Oyster most probably means that there is a short on the F Connector at the LNB.
Vibrations through travelling could make or break the connection so I fear you may see this error again at some point although the good news is that the fix is to simply cut off the connector and fit a new one.
If you would like to carry this fix out yourself then we can supply the crimp connectors we use, you can contact a TV or Satellite repair man who should be able to carry out the work or you are more than welcome to book in to have the work carried out by ourselves.
If you'd like any further help then please feel free to contact me on 01858575928

Thanks for that Anthony. I am currently in spain so will contact you as soon as i get back if that's ok.

A little history wouldn't go amiss here too. Hymer actually fitted the wrong satellite dish. We ordered the twin LNB auto skew system and they fitted the inferior system we have now. Trying to get them to change it is becoming a bit of a challenge. And to cap it all now, the inferior system has failed. To say i'm annoyed does not come close.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back