Updates no longer available for built in Kenwood(Garmin) 2009? (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
According to Kenwood they no longer do updates for dnx5240bt built in units.

upload_2017-9-25_7-28-36.png

I must admit I baulked at the £150 they wanted for a one time update last time and instead bought a stand alone garmin with lifetime updates with which i ve had so many problems. But I think its a bit off to sell you a built in unit only to fail to support it after 8 years.

Does anyone know where else I can get an update?

Jon

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Hi, whilst I sympathise with you, I should point out that 8 yrs of support is pretty good in this day and age.

Tomtom and others are selling units with 'free lifetime updates'. It's not until you read the small print that you realise it means ' until such time that tomtom deem the unit outdated and no longer supportable'. Tomtom envisage such time to be circa 5 years. When you think of it, if lifetime meant what we all think, tomtom and others would soon be out of business, as no one would need to buy new ones.

As your unit is Garmin based, I suggest you check out some of the gps forums, such as Gpspower.net , and with a little know how (all on the forums), you will find that you may be able to update the unit yourself

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back